SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah - about that....
I was allways wondering why AI lords would take that long to prepare ladders and start siege.
I get it that game needs to give time for player and possibly allied lords of faction being attacked to respond to the threat - but sometimes the time needed for AI to start the siege is way too long.
For example in my .93 playthrough i convinced marshal of the north and a bunch of lords to siege the last castle owned by Westerlands (since it was garrisoned with 10-15 lords inside i couldn't take it on my own) - all combined forces of the north including Robb Stark (something close to 2000 man on our side) begun the siege that lasted for 4 or 5 days... after which they just turned around and decided that joining a feast back home is more important...

As for siege vs ladder - i know it's not random and depends on the castle's scene, but from what i've seen none had siege towers during sieges from the ones i have had a pleasure to conquer (all westerland, all iron islands, most dragonstone, most stormlands).

I've got my own kingdom for some time now, but id like to get it's culture bravosi or myrman. I dont have a clue of how to get a new culture, just that somehow i got tyroshi, stormlands and sistermen...

Okay, so disregard that stuff about land ownership giving negative income. That was a derp on my part, and is due to overbuying land in towns without enough population to support working that much.

My current major problem is town economy.

The situation currently is thus. I have eliminated Lorath, and own all their former lands. I also own Norvos and one of the Ruins of the Norvosi. The Norvosi are limited to the Ruins of Ny Sar or whatever their northernmost town is called.

When I only held the Lorathi lands, I never saw a single caravan enter or exit my town. I had trade agreements with the Norvosi and the Braavosi, and yet I saw no trade caravans. I know that caravans can go across water, I've seen them do it in the start of the game, but Lorath saw no caravans at all.

Now that I hold Norvos, I see the occasional Norvosi caravan. At this point, Norvos and I have nothing more than a truce, which recently expired. Despite the lack of a trade agreement, their caravans keep coming to my town (very few of them, though to be fair they only have one crappy town left). I have seen caravans from NO other city or faction anywhere near my cities.

I have been playing with Economic changes set to high for most of this. I just turned the Economic changes off entirely, and have been playing with that setting for about a month or so.

At no point in any of my gameplay so far (as a vassal, or as a king) have I seen ANY villagers going to a town or returning to their village.

Due to these two factors (no caravans, no villagers) my towns have horrible prosperity. Norvos, the town that occasionally gets a caravan from the Norvosi, is generally somewhere between 'struggling' and 'unremarkable'. Despite this, it is usually within the top 10 most prosperous towns in the land.

Why is this economy so screwed up? Is the lack of villagers intentional? How do I get caravans to show up in my city? Help, please.

chatmanstef, speak to your maester about kingdom culture/domestic affairs (the first topic, IIRC). One of the options in that topic should be choosing your kingdom culture.

The villagers where removed due to map lag. A script was implented instead, that simulates the economy in the background, thus making town prosperity and such an issue still going on, but without the massive map lag caused by the villagers.

However, the script was accidentally disabled for the latest version, hence the ****ed up economy.

It's been fixed for 1.0

Qnevven Zolond said:
Benni. said:
shadowoh said:
Benni. said:
Hey guys, just been checking out this mod at work and it looks great. I'll be downloading it soon as I get home. Do any of you have an idea for which faction to back if you like archers/mounted archers? I've always been a fan of getting those tricky shots and having my men do as little leg work as possible.

Cheers!
the riverlands have mounted archers.

Thanks dude.

if you're looking for one of the main factions on westeros then Riverlands and Dorne are the only ones with mounted archers...

In my opinion both are equally crappy :smile:
They are lowest tier cavalry units (both can be recruited straight from castles and towns) and as such will die a lot on the battlefield - but because of better equipment dorne units will outlast riverland ones.

Mounted Riverland Archers have the following stats( Power Draw: 6, Riding: 4, Horse Archery: 0!!, Weapon proficiency 170) and very very (VERY) poor armor (somethink like 16/5) and no shields for when they run out of arrows
Mounted Dornish Archers have the following stats (power draw: 5, riding: 5, horse archery: 0!!, weapon proficiency 180) so comparable to riverlands, but they have good armor (45/20) and have shields

If you choose dorne you will get another ranged cavalry unit that you can train from peasant/village troops - it's mounted dornish skirmisher (throwing javelins)

As for regular archers - dont have much experience with dorne archers (havn't used them or fought against them in battle) but looking at their stats and equipment alone i can say that they are very decent (good armor and skills, side-arm that is not a dagger/knife :razz:)
As for archers in Riverlands - because top tier ranged unit in that faction are crossbowmen you wont get a good archer unit - veteran riverland archers are far from being a good ranged unit and they have knives for side arm!!!

Dorne wins in comparison for both foot and mounted archers - but their faction isn't at war with anyone so requires some persuasion to convice  their leader to start war.

So whichever factionyou choose - if you are not planning on stick to the faction troops only i suggest "borrow" some better units from other factions - for example i like the following archer units Elite Northern Archers, Elite Sisterman Archers (best skills, rather poor armor though), Veteran Vale Longbowmen - in my opinion these are top 3 that i had chance to use myself...
As for mounted archers - there are dothraki screamers available in taverns as merceneries - they're not elite troop but are easily available.. If you are looking for truly elite mounted archers you will need to make a trip through the narrow see and recruit some of the troops available in essos.

EDIT:
Made a trip to Essos just to see what troop they have there :smile:
Top 3 are:
1) If you are looking for absolutely best ranged cavelry - Tyrosh faction has them - you get 3 kinds of mounted archers - top tier have heavy armor (total armor head/body/legs = 45/60/52)
other good options in essos are:
2) Lorath (3 mounted archer troops) - all decent
3) Lys (also 3 kind of mounted archer troops) - all decent (lorathi has better armors)

Generally with the exception of Bravos all essos factions have mounted archers (at least by name :razz: - because Myr has 2 troops that are called mounted myrman archer, veteran mounted myrman archer  - but they are foot archers and have neither riding skill or horses in inventory). Absolutely worse mounted archers are in Volantis both in terms of really crappy peasant-like armors and skills 100/130 weapon proficiency)

Very in depth! Cheers for the help! I've eventually just gone for the North as they seemed to be the easiest to defend, however the Iron Island still seem to come over and loot my only fief :razz:. Now I'm just keeping about 40 Elite North Archers with me, seems to work well enough.

Cozur said:
The villagers where removed due to map lag. A script was implented instead, that simulates the economy in the background, thus making town prosperity and such an issue still going on, but without the massive map lag caused by the villagers.

However, the script was accidentally disabled for the latest version, hence the ****ed up economy.

It's been fixed for 1.0

Don't suppose there's a workaround in the interim - something to use before 1.0 comes out, that is? I don't know when that release is supposed to be, so in the meantime it'd be nice to have a workable economy.

Edit: Also, you saw my previous posts, right? Had a few more bugs in them. And thanks for the mod, this is really fun to play! Economy problems are just a small blip, doesn't really detract from the overall enjoyment factor all that much.

Also, that doesn't really address the caravans issue (I don't have any caravans going anywhere, and almost no caravans come to my town). Is that just a side effect of my town being poor, or what?

Let me first say that this mod is excellent, brilliant. However, I do have one problem. I feel stupid for asking it because it feels so obvious and stupid, but I just can't figure it out. So please excuse me for the stupid question, but I'm eager to find out and continue playing.
In native you gain troops from villages and train them, and they can be trained to the top tier. However, it appears that in this mod, troops from villages cannot be trained to the highest tier troops. So I'm at a loss to how you can get the best soldiers? Take for example the Iron Islands. I saw the troop trees and I decided I would create an army of Iron Born warriors or whatever. As soon as I trained them about twice, there was no option to upgrade them again, which was disappointing because the soldier class I was stuck on sucked. I had the same problem with the tyroshi archers aswell. I wanted to get some 'elite mounted Tyroshi archers' but after training the troops you gain from villages a couple of times, the option to upgrade had gone?
Could someone please explain how you get higher tiered troops? I have no idea at all :razz:

You can recruit troops from castles and towns, these can be upgraded all the way to knights of the respective factions. Just go to a castle or town and there should be a 'recruit troops' option.

Edit: Is there a way to search a topic, instead of searching a forum/subforum?

Moridin said:
You can recruit troops from castles and towns, these can be upgraded all the way to knights of the respective factions. Just go to a castle or town and there should be a 'recruit troops' option.

Ah, thankyou.

chatmanstef, speak to your maester about kingdom culture/domestic affairs (the first topic, IIRC). One of the options in that topic should be choosing your kingdom culture.

No you dont get what i mean, how to get more cultures to choose from?

LogicalLlama said:
[...] Could someone please explain how you get higher tiered troops? I have no idea at all :razz:

Have you tried all the upgrading routes? In this mod it's very often quite disturbing and you can't really predict which units emerge from which. Some factions like the Norvoshi e.g. have Veteran Bowmen and Cataphracts (~Knights) in the same troop tree.
The ironborn btw have the "Elite Ironborn Retainer" as best troop. Oh, and the ingame troop trees are invalid, search the last few pages of this topic and you'll find the new ones...

Hey Cozur,

Are you going to add the Stark, Barratheon... Banners in 1.0? Maybe having them unlock after the faction is defeated if possible. I would love to take all of the north and rename myself Eddard Stark, but its just not the same without the banner.

Also, are you going to add Bear island and the Mormonts? that is a major house for the starks and the island is already there, just no castle. You have already shown that you can make the female vassals work with asha. Just curious.

Thanks, and great work!

modestego said:
Hey Cozur,

Are you going to add the Stark, Barratheon... Banners in 1.0? Maybe having them unlock after the faction is defeated if possible. I would love to take all of the north and rename myself Eddard Stark, but its just not the same without the banner.

Also, are you going to add Bear island and the Mormonts? that is a major house for the starks and the island is already there, just no castle. You have already shown that you can make the female vassals work with asha. Just curious.

Thanks, and great work!

I believe the issue with the Mormonts was that for females to be vassals, they need a male as head of the household? I'm not sure exactly. But if that is the case, could just make Jorah head of the house on paper, but have him set to, "Left the realm" if that's possible.

Moridin said:

When you are inside a topic search scope should be set to "This topic" by default (as opposed to "This board" and "Entire forum")
but take into account that with topic almost 500 pages long, your search will most likely return several pages with results.

chatmanstef said:
No you dont get what i mean, how to get more cultures to choose from?

I was wondering that myself... I do not know it for sure, but my observations seems to support my theory:

You can only choose a given culture if you either own a fief that originally belonged to that faction, or have lord that comes from the faction.

For example:
- you took several castles from Westerlands, one of them was originally in Riverlands hands
- you have 2 vassals in your kingdom (made from old companions), the backstory of the lords suggest that one of them was born in Stormlands, the other in Lys
When talking with your staff to change the culture of your kingdom you will have following options:
- westerlands
- riverlands
- stormlands
- lysseni

In my game i wanted to change my culture to North since i'm roleplaying as allied kingdom with House Stark, but right now it's not possible for me....
I will either have to wait till they loose on of their original castles (which is rather unlikely - at least i have not seen them loose one of their original castles or even have one of them besieged), or try to recruit one of their lords to defect and join my kingdom instead - but this will most likely cause some negative relation shift with North

Cozur said:
modestego said:
I would love to take all of the north and rename myself Eddard Stark

Why?

I'm guessing he'd like to roleplay as Eddard Stark.

Coming to think of it, it could be very interesting to play as one of the seven kings of Westeros, or other major characters such as Jaime or Sandor. But I fear it would be quite difficult to add in.

Back
Top Bottom