SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

viperswhip said:
I have yet to make any decent money of land purchased in Braavos, it's my last alternative after I have bough businesses everywhere else.
It takes 40 ingame weeks to make a return profit from cultivated lands, and 80 weeks from uncultivated lands.

~Wille

Ok, shield bashing in this game is a joke. Some shields can bash while others dont? wtf? and it is super op and irritating.

and for gods sake make the bash button some key, its annoying as hell when every time i try to swing after a block i bash.

and this is what kicking is for.

Cozur said:
Calm down kid.

Really?.... It is super annoying to buy a 4000 gold shield and realize you cant even use it, because it bashes everytime you try to attack.

I assume this means your not going to change it, despite the fact that it is absolutely shenanigans.

Kjertesvein said:
viperswhip said:
I have yet to make any decent money of land purchased in Braavos, it's my last alternative after I have bough businesses everywhere else.
It takes 40 ingame weeks to make a return profit from cultivated lands, and 80 weeks from uncultivated lands.

~Wille

No, I mean a positive return at all, I just get -200 or something from my land in Braavos.

Pimpio said:
Doom_Carrot said:
Cozur said:
Calm down kid.

Really?.... It is super annoying to buy a 4000 gold shield and realize you cant even use it, because it bashes everytime you try to attack.

I assume this means your not going to change it, despite the fact that it is absolutely shenanigans.

I removed shield bash with this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213099.msg5088044.html#msg5088044

I thank you, this is a lifesaver. Saved me from wasting 4000 gold on a stupid shield. And it ain't easy to make 4000 gold as a mercenary.

A question, dont know if it is intentional, forgive me please if it was on the changelog and I miss it.

Every time I try to raid a village, an army of 50 aprox sellswords appears to defend it, instead of a "bunch of peasant that took their rusty tools" like the screen says. I believe that, even though this is a fictional world, having every village on the map defended by a mercenary army it´s kind of unreal. Let´s imagine that a wealthy village managed to hire a company to defend it, ok. But every village seems off-place. Historically, villages were the easy target, ingame and in real world.

Is there a way to go back to the original "peasant levy army"?

Regards.

For the love of the Seven, how do I stop having my companions loot everything after a battle?!?  It used to be an option to set a value threshhold or to tell them to leave that trash lying there, but it seems to be gone now (why?!?).  Cleaning out trash from their inventories got really old, really fast.  I'm close to calling it on trying to play this mod again until this is fixed.

WilsonMG said:
For the love of the Seven, how do I stop having my companions loot everything after a battle?!?  It used to be an option to set a value threshhold or to tell them to leave that trash lying there, but it seems to be gone now (why?!?).  Cleaning out trash from their inventories got really old, really fast.  I'm close to calling it on trying to play this mod again until this is fixed.

You don't need to clean it out. That's what "sell items automatically" is for. They'll just dump all of it off to the merchants of whatever town you're at and you'll make thousands of extra coins over your playthrough.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that line yet, but I see it now, thanks.  And here I was Googling like crazy trying to figure out what was going on here. :oops:

Unlimited ammo
I haven't found this anywhere as a "cheat" (it obviously is a cheat).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_vyXkHyLK0

Seighfryd said:
* One of the Guild Master missions requires to enter the Town alone at night. I turned off the "bodyguard" option as I think it makes that mission impossible.  Needs more testing (not 100% sure).  My point is maybe a small tweak is needed here if there is a "conflict" between the mission and that option. (ignore if I am wrong)
--- Note that all the Guild Master missions I have done up to now work great, successfully.

SUGGESTIONS / IDEAS :
* Please add a visual cue on map to which holdings are Towns. I spend a lot of time reading over their descriptions to figure out which ones are Towns, especially with the new changes.  Their visual on map could be (I presume) standardized (name size and visual).
* With Athletics between 0 and 3, I stumble a lot, which forces me to waste points in Agility (9) and Athletics (3), points that are dearly needed for Leadership, Persuasion, etc. I suggest this be removed or modified.

Random question to whomever may know : does having mules or horses in your inventory still help for speed ?  My current tests with cheap mules/donkeys is not positive.
  • Which GM mission asked you to work in the night? Are you refferring to the random bandits that try to mug you in the streets? That's not a GM mission and the bodyguards can actually be really helpful with the attacks, depending on the city.
  • Castles are largely rectangular, cities have larger markers on the map. Fairly distinctive if you ask me, only city that I had trouble finding was Goldengrove, but this was a new addition to 2.0 (I think?) so it wasn't really an issue.
  • I believe Cozur wants to maintain the need for the Athletic skill with regard to stumbling (anybody who asked about it was told off, I believe). I find that five points are enough for Athletic and frankly I find it realistic that a warrior needs some expertise in running. I do agree that NPCs should also stumble if possible, otherwise it feels as though the player is inexplicably clumsier than the average peasant.
  • AFAIK, that's what mules are for, they're cheap alternatives to keeping horses in your inventory. As far as speed goes, there's some math that can be used to calculate the bonus. IIRC, each horse "carries" some items in your inventory, essentially nullifying the encumberance that those items put on your map speed. However, horses/mules/donkeys have "weight" too, so there's no point in having too many. You will never notice a great difference, but it's there. Plus, if you have low Pathfinding or an army of foot-soldiers, you will still go slow and in any case the horses only help as long as there's heavy stuff that can encumber you in your inventory.

il Condottieri said:
A question, dont know if it is intentional, forgive me please if it was on the changelog and I miss it.

Every time I try to raid a village, an army of 50 aprox sellswords appears to defend it, instead of a "bunch of peasant that took their rusty tools" like the screen says. I believe that, even though this is a fictional world, having every village on the map defended by a mercenary army it´s kind of unreal. Let´s imagine that a wealthy village managed to hire a company to defend it, ok. But every village seems off-place. Historically, villages were the easy target, ingame and in real world.

Is there a way to go back to the original "peasant levy army"?

Regards.

Haha, the sellsword blight can't be stopped! They are everywhere!

Doom_Carrot said:
Pimpio said:
Doom_Carrot said:
Cozur said:
Calm down kid.

I removed shield bash with this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213099.msg5088044.html#msg5088044

I thank you, this is a lifesaver. Saved me from wasting 4000 gold on a stupid shield. And it ain't easy to make 4000 gold as a mercenary.

Really? Get 3-4 in prisoner management, use war maces (war hammers are too short by default) and go nuts, it's easier up North because the wildlings suck, and you can fight hundreds of them per day with just a few points in pathfinding and spotting.

As to the athletics thing, with 6 you will, almost, never stumble again, and can back up very nicely for that cheesy way of fighting. For me, I kind of just go to 3 or 4 as points allow (I get a lot of int), but I am thinking of ignoring it now as I don't mostly use the backup cheese, and even 10 won't let you catch up to those archers that run away.

viperswhip said:
Really? Get 3-4 in prisoner management, use war maces (war hammers are too short by default) and go nuts, it's easier up North because the wildlings suck, and you can fight hundreds of them per day with just a few points in pathfinding and spotting.

As to the athletics thing, with 6 you will, almost, never stumble again, and can back up very nicely for that cheesy way of fighting. For me, I kind of just go to 3 or 4 as points allow (I get a lot of int), but I am thinking of ignoring it now as I don't mostly use the backup cheese, and even 10 won't let you catch up to those archers that run away.
Protip: In 2.0 all the Volantis cities sell "Iron Clubs" or something that are pretty OP. Something like 24b, 99speed,95range. They're much, much better than war maces. I'm trying to decide right now if they're actually better than castle forged armsman swords. It's hard to say because of how much less damage reduction there is vs heavily armor foes (which there are so many now since the sellswords took over everyone's armies).

Any reason Tywin is blonde and has weird sideburns?
All the other characters look like they do in the show. But Tywin isnt even recognizeable.

And also I saw some dornish guy running around with nothing but 161 skyreach skirmishers.... How the heck did he get so many, when i can only recruit them once? is that a bug?  :neutral:

Also, it would be VERY cool if there was SOME diplomacy in westeros, even if its not lore friendly rlly. But i think the CHARACTER should be able to start wars. Hell, my character isnt lore friendly, so shouldnt I be able to do whatever I want, including making the Vale join the war against Tywin  :smile:

Doom_Carrot said:
Any reason Tywin is blonde and has weird sideburns?
All the other characters look like they do in the show. But Tywin isnt even recognizeable.

Did you consider that Cozur might... just might... use the books as reference material over the show?

Back
Top Bottom