SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Kalew said:
Is there any way to drag the Vale into the war as an ally? I have sent the Vale so much gold that my relationship with it is 100 and I have sent companions with level 10 persuation to negotiate, but the answer is always no.

I think diplomacy is presently locked and while it will be unlocked for Essos in 2.1, Westeros will still be locked. I know in one of the really old patches I became a vassal and went on a huge killing spree and took over castles and such and it dragged them into a war, but you are your own kingdom now, so that might only be possible if you swear to them.

"An independent faction has ceased to exist" and it's House Targaryen, at 566 days. I haven't done the Illyrio quests and haven't seen that faction anywhere. I didn't even know it existed yet.

What's causing this and does it prevent them from invading if I do the quests?

How/when/where do you guys start your own faction? I somehow always end up playing as a loyal Northman, devoted to Robb Stark. Still, it got a little bit boring, especially because of the fact that the North takes so long to rally and are really passive. I'd like to start my own thing on my next playthrough. Any tips?

Also, couple of my personal observations :

1. I'd tone down on the random agility/intelligence events. I can verify that it happens on more than 8 occasions. I'm level 33 now and my Agility is 22, Strength is 24 (down 1 from Nights Watch quest), Charisma is 18 and Intelligence 11 with only reading Seven Pointed Star.

2. Income from businesses is very volatile. One week I'll earn 10+k from Goldengrove, the other tenth of that.

3. Food is too scarce. Plums should be edible.

4. The Ironborn seem to overpowered. They have the best infantry units which annihilate everyone in sieges, and in most of map battles. Not to mention that lore wise they are by far the weakest of the great houses/regions.

5. Sellswords are also a bit too good, especially halberdiers. Top tier armor and excellent weapons, those guys are really tough to take on.

Of course, the mod is fantastic. Not only that, it is the best GoT game there is, so a big thank you to Cozur and everyone else who helped. Looking forward to diplomacy changes in the next version, nice solution in unlocking it only for Essos.

Nnnghh... stupid shield bash... anyone know how to tweak it out of existence? Most mod makers are nice enough to include a toggle option for whether or not we want features like that, but Cozur isn't very fond of player preferences from what I'm seeing.

Does anyone else find Westerland troops to be overpowered?  Their Veteran Man at Arms seem so much more powerful than equivalent tier troops of the North and Reach.  I don't even want to talk about their higher level troops.

Despite outnumbering them 2:1 in battles, I know the kill death ratio will usually favor Westerland troops.

Circinae said:
How/when/where do you guys start your own faction? I somehow always end up playing as a loyal Northman, devoted to Robb Stark. Still, it got a little bit boring, especially because of the fact that the North takes so long to rally and are really passive. I'd like to start my own thing on my next playthrough. Any tips?

2. Income from businesses is very volatile. One week I'll earn 10+k from Goldengrove, the other tenth of that.

4. The Ironborn seem to overpowered. They have the best infantry units which annihilate everyone in sieges, and in most of map battles. Not to mention that lore wise they are by far the weakest of the great houses/regions.

5. Sellswords are also a bit too good, especially halberdiers. Top tier armor and excellent weapons, those guys are really tough to take on.

Of course, the mod is fantastic. Not only that, it is the best GoT game there is, so a big thank you to Cozur and everyone else who helped. Looking forward to diplomacy changes in the next version, nice solution in unlocking it only for Essos.

First to your question. I generally watch the Tyrosh/Lysani wars and when one is reduced to their city or their major lords are captured, I go and take the city. You can cheese this by having the battle size small, acting as decoy for all the fire power coming from their archers, while your archers kill them until your archers run out of arrows, then retreat and do it all again.

I like those locations because they are in the middle of all the action, Tyrosh is my favourite of course.

You have to plan early because they get to it pretty quickly, start by recruiting tons of archers from the vale and crossbow men from the Reach, as well as knights of the Reach, I think they have the best gear, but the Westerlands will do as well. I like to have 30% knights and 35% crossbow, 35% archers mix and then my companions. The Reach crossbowmen have good armor and shields, I separate them into Archers 1 and they stand 10 or so yards in front of the other archers, while the Knights and I kill everyone. I do like to mix in some Northern Knights because they have blunt and you can make several thousand extra gold per fight with 4 or 5 in prisoner management (there is a book).

With that troop mix you might even be able to do it straight if you are really good at dodging the jarids being thrown at you by the Sellsword Skirmishers. The AI won't come down the ladders, so you can stand down there, kill their archers, who suck compared to Westeros ones, you should be able to clear them out no problem, and then retreat and repeat. You need REALLY good Engineering though, there is a book, and you should have a companion go to 9 as soon as possible. That vastly reduces the time they have to get their crap back together while you siege.

If you want slightly more legit, join with Lys, take battles and stuff, when you get to relations 15 or so, they should all support your request, then suggest sieging Tyrosh, go and do it and see if you can get it. I don't know, I just normally do it myself since the AI is kind of poopy in siege defence, you can stand at the top of the ladder with a halberd or something and kill everyone in there without ever being in danger once they have no archers left, skirmishers suck though.

Income from business wobbles based on how many times the city has been attacked and cities been looted. At the beginning of the game Golden Grove and Tumbleton show good numbers, but they fall fast as nearly all of their villages go to very poor from being raided constantly. That will kill  your income, also you can't just put dyeworks everywhere as then the components get so expensive that they can no longer make a profit.

As to your #3, eat plums all day and see how you do heh, but seriously, build a couple of bread factories.

#4 the Ironborn get killed by any forces with shields in actual combat, they just do well in auto combat. With 100 troops at full level like I suggested earlier you can probably take over the Iron Islands.

I like to grab troops, go up and start killing wildlings like crazy, occasionally running down to White Harbour and Barrowtown to heal up and sell prisoners (with luck, can quickly boat to Sisterton as well), when you get enough renown/leadership to need 20 newbs, head down to Oldtown and buy business and recruit, you should have a lot of money buy then, buy business, go back to wildlings, and then buy more business, get Caul and any other expensive companions, until you have 100+ troops of elite level and very good armor, shields and weapons for you and some of your top companions.

Really, this should take a couple of hours and you will get better at fighting on horseback and managing your troops (hold f1 down to put a move order elsewhere), how to separate your army into fighting units and getting used to the hotkeys to move them around.

You might want to just have your comps for this stage though, and just get training up to 10 on a couple of them, that way you can earn much more renown for having a small party and get to the 100+ capacity very quickly, but you will have to recruit troops and wait for them to level then. You can kill time if you do this by doing quests for villages and towns you plan to rule later as that will increase their rep with you and their wealth.

Don't loot towns, it just kills their income and your income from businesses, and all in all, you can make more money in a shorter period of time killing wildlings. Build up looting/spotting/Pathfinding on companions as quickly as possible and the sky is the limit.

abadgaem said:
Does anyone else find Westerland troops to be overpowered?  Their Veteran Man at Arms seem so much more powerful than equivalent tier troops of the North and Reach.  I don't even want to talk about their higher level troops.

Despite outnumbering them 2:1 in battles, I know the kill death ratio will usually favor Westerland troops.

You may edit them to your liking using Morgh's editor, note that any changes will not take effect until a new game is started.

Kalew said:
Is there any way to drag the Vale into the war as an ally?
I once saw them go to war against the north. I was my own faction. I'm not sure how. When the Vale goes to war they send 100 000 men your way. ^^

http://i.imgur.com/ZluDV3W.jpg

Circinae said:
Marry a female lord from Reach, the North, Vale and Dorne. Now talk to her king and say you wish to become a free man again. Once you're free you tell your wife to break apart and support her cause. Now you have a new faction without shedding the blood.

Once you capture a new fief you can take it as your own. Talk to your wife and tell her that you wish to serve as her sworn man. You should now be king.

When it comes to food shortages then take advantage of the fact that you can stack your companions full of food. I also like to have about 20 sheep following my army. If I'm not doing war stuff, then I put all but 70 men in my capital. No reason to waste good food.

~Wille

Kjertesvein said:
Kalew said:
Is there any way to drag the Vale into the war as an ally?
I once saw them go to war against the north. I was my own faction. I'm not sure how. When the Vale goes to war they send 100 000 men your way. ^^

http://i.imgur.com/ZluDV3W.jpg

Circinae said:
Marry a female lord from Reach, the North, Vale and Dorne. Now talk to her king and say you wish to become a free man again. Once you're free you tell your wife to break apart and support her cause. Now you have a new faction without shedding the blood.

Once you capture a new fief you can take it as your own. Talk to your wife and tell her that you wish to serve as her sworn man. You should now be king.

When it comes to food shortages then take advantage of the fact that you can stack your companions full of food. I also like to have about 20 sheep following my army. If I'm not doing war stuff, then I put all but 70 men in my capital. No reason to waste good food.

~Wille

Oh, you know, I never thought of that, I used to marry the lady of Ironoaks, but it's not a town anymore, so pooh on that, I can't seem to get enough rep with the Dornish Ladies to get married, really I'd only the want Larra Blackmont.

I should say, in the early game while I am wandering around buying businesses I also free all the lords held prisoner, if you get to -2 with a faction, just buy them off. This way when I start my own faction I have very high rep with quite a few lords and factions so nobody dislikes me and plenty of lords will defect to me if things start going badly for them.

Circinae said:

North is too big and too far so the time they are gathering their army, something is happening somwhere else and the army is disbanding, i avoid the north as much as possible. that's the reason why i think merging the North and Tully was a mistake.

I usualy start my own kingdom near KL, Maidenpool and Duskendale are my first favorite targets.
The Lannister are an easy prey, you can steal their towns and offer them peace, a peace they can't refuse since they are at war with half the world. build up your strengh attack them again offer them peace etc.
Not very challenging for sure, now you can always capture 2 towns and then offer the villages to some of your companions and then you join a minor faction, that minor faction will have new towns and new lords..

1. I'd tone down on the random agility/intelligence events. I can verify that it happens on more than 8 occasions. I'm level 33 now and my Agility is 22, Strength is 24 (down 1 from Nights Watch quest), Charisma is 18 and Intelligence 11 with only reading Seven Pointed Star.

I have a strengh of 14 agility 31 (thanks to the inifinite agility bonus points..)
Well my favorite stats are intelligence and charisma, everything else is not so usefull.
With inteligence i am raising Path finding, the faster you move the more you play, surgery so i can keep my army in one piece and tactic is always good.
Charisma, for leadership or even better perssuasion (the best skill in COK) since with a skill of 8 you can offer any honorable lord to join your faction and they may even join you with their own town and castle..

imho economy is a litle broken in the 2.0 or too random..
you can have up to 30k/week with a silk factory  :shock:

Lol yes, someone gave me a smart advice, be your own baker and ask one of your bakery to stock the bread then food is not a problem anymore.

Those are the 2 infantry soldiers i use. (just don't upgrade the iron island infantry to their final upgrade) :smile:
Now wait for them to meet heavy knights in the open, they will be obliterated but yes they are very powerfull and the sellsword are imho the best of the 2.

Kjertesvein said:

Nice i will try this one day ^^

Tuco said:
Any way to increase the rate at which merchants have gold? My companion's inventory is perpetually full =(

Kill every bandit you see, kill everyone looting the villages of the towns (don't loot), and check out some of the towns in Essos, or ones that don't get raided very often, that's where they have money, unfortunately, far from the fighting.

Kalew said:
Is there any way to drag the Vale into the war as an ally? I have sent the Vale so much gold that my relationship with it is 100 and I have sent companions with level 10 persuation to negotiate, but the answer is always no.

If you swear fealty to a faction and have high relationship with the leader you can persuade them to go to war. That's the only way I've found.

Some of the diplomacy seams to be broken. I was trying to build an alliance with Dorne, and I had sent emissaries to negotiate defensive pacts and trade agreements, both of which were apparently successful, but when looking at the faction notes we had a 30 day truce....every time. There was no option for an alliance, but the defensive pact option was there twice.

How about a quest to make the red wedding happen? Kill Robb off then make Roose Bolton Warden of the North, then introduce a new pretender! Rickon Stark! (But only if Tywin still holds KL) Anyone?

Hereward said:
Kalew said:

If you swear fealty to a faction and have high relationship with the leader you can persuade them to go to war. That's the only way I've found.

Some of the diplomacy seams to be broken. I was trying to build an alliance with Dorne, and I had sent emissaries to negotiate defensive pacts and trade agreements, both of which were apparently successful, but when looking at the faction notes we had a 30 day truce....every time. There was no option for an alliance, but the defensive pact option was there twice.

How about a quest to make the red wedding happen? Kill Robb off then make Roose Bolton Warden of the North, then introduce a new pretender! Rickon Stark! Anyone?

The quest sounds neat, as long as we are killing Renly, why not, it's not like the North is good in this game anyway.

It takes a long time to get relations up with someone not at war, basically you have to run or sail into the Vale constantly to see if he has any quests for you, check with other lords to see if they want you to send him a letter, have some companions because he may want to borrow them for a week or two.

viperswhip said:
Hereward said:
Kalew said:

How about a quest to make the red wedding happen? Kill Robb off then make Roose Bolton Warden of the North, then introduce a new pretender! Rickon Stark! Anyone?

The quest sounds neat, as long as we are killing Renly, why not, it's not like the North is good in this game anyway.

It takes a long time to get relations up with someone not at war, basically you have to run or sail into the Vale constantly to see if he has any quests for you, check with other lords to see if they want you to send him a letter, have some companions because he may want to borrow them for a week or two.

Good point. But Kalew has already built a good faction relationship with The Vale so this is where I would have to crack out the cheat menu. That's how I worked round the no alliance option. So you have your own faction but want the vale to join your war.
1 Activate cheats
2 Make Nestor love you and join him
3 Make him go to war with your factions enemies
4 Renounce your oath and keep your territories
5 Use cheats to rebalance relationships/re-activate your wars
6 Continue without cheats

I think I found the part of the txt file to change to make companions drink the cool-aid and never get mad at anything. I ran a test game to day 422 with all of the companions (I sat in White Harbour the whole time, that's just where I ended up having full food) and everybody is happy, happy, happy.

So, I started a new game, signed up with the Lannisters (because hanging with Renly for 3 weeks isn't fun), and this morning had a glorious siege against Maidenpool wherein I gained nearly 4 levels before being koed, so I didn't let it run out because I had to leave for work, and therefore didn't get the kill screen, but it must have been glorious. I really wish there was loot for sieges.

I also changed the range of the War Hammers to 64, at 44 you might as well be punching people.

Cozur said:
You realise the range of the weapons correspond to the actual lenght of the model, yes?

That makes sense, but I tried them out, they used to be my favourite weapon, so I don't know if it changed over the patches, probably not, but my perception of them did, and I felt like I couldn't hit anything with them without doing that, it's not like I put them at 170 or something heh, I was just saying what I did in the game I was playing now as kind of full disclosure. Expect another donation, later today, I just can't get enough of this mod.

Is there a way to prevent patrols you send out from getting annihilated, or at least lasting more than a day? I've sent large patrols out and they disappear within a day, one even made up of 150 troops (levies) I recruited myself.

Are patrols even worth sending out?

Back
Top Bottom