Game Difficulty Settings Poll - Can realistic be fun?

What difficulty do you prefer?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the max difficulty.

Being a horse archer may be easier in the early game, but it limits your impact on battles quite a lot in the middle-late game.

So for example, I can't solo 20 looters at the start as an infantry character, but I can get way more kills in large battles than I would as a horse archer.

Also never used trading, since the tournaments are so much easier now with blunt damage, so you get more than enough money to start off.

Realistic is fun. I play all on realistic.

I didnt start that way though. The only other MB game I played was Viking Conquest and I had to start that game on the middle setting.

Typically I use all realistic except when I get towards the mid-late game and I'm not fighting but just issuing commands at that point I turn my damage to 2/3 just so I can't get 1 shot by something I can't see.

Enemies on hardest difficulty, allies in easy and myself on very easy, I love ****ing around the battlefield being a murder machine, but the hard difficulty usually provides some challenge for me, and if I could find a way to raise the AI difficulty I would def raise it, what I love the most of this game are those little chances where you have a little duel with a boss and then move on to keep on fighting until another duel happens. I mostly go two handed, 1h, shield and a lance.

I've tried to play on realistic but its just not fun for me, its way too easy to die (it's realistic duh) and I end up either away from the battlefield, fighting very little, or dead and watching the fight as spectator, lots of people like it this way though, very understandable

All realistic. It's just using the same calculations for everyone.
I reset the game whenever I feel like it though like anytime my units don't do exactly what I want them to. I wish for the day they start improving and stop nerfing. I want pre-battle deployment and to save formation arrangements. I WANT CONTROL!

Enemies on hardest difficulty, allies in easy and myself on very easy, I love ****ing around the battlefield being a murder machine, but the hard difficulty usually provides some challenge for me, and if I could find a way to raise the AI difficulty I would def raise it, what I love the most of this game are those little chances where you have a little duel with a boss and then move on to keep on fighting until another duel happens. I mostly go two handed, 1h, shield and a lance.

I've tried to play on realistic but its just not fun for me, its way too easy to die (it's realistic duh) and I end up either away from the battlefield, fighting very little, or dead and watching the fight as spectator, lots of people like it this way though, very understandable

Realistic battle mod gives one the option to play on challenging settings without dying too easy because armor actually works. I can't play without it, high tier units (including the player) can take insane amounts of damage even without being mounted from low level troops. What is also great is when you encounter an elite troop on the battlefield, you can tell because they are hard to kill.

Realistic battle mod gives one the option to play on challenging settings without dying too easy because armor actually works. I can't play without it, high tier units (including the player) can take insane amounts of damage even without being mounted from low level troops. What is also great is when you encounter an elite troop on the battlefield, you can tell because they are hard to kill.
I tried it a long time ago, I can't say I loved it though, but because of my playstyle, I felt it was too slow.

All realistic plus veteran. I havent tried challenging yet. Those one shots down are frustrating but it's fair since you can also give a one shot kill. I guess it will be lot more challenging if your main char could die too. I would play it anyway.
The enemy accuracy is bit too much but the shot can come from some high level shooter...

I finished the game on realistic started my whole own kingdom and all, its pretty doable, thought I did explot the fact that you could start or end wars whenever you want a lot in the beginning so I didn't get squashed by an enemy army of 1k+ before I could get some lords into my kingdom xD... otherwise, play smart and most of the time and its very doable and fun to play on all realistic. Didn't have deaths enabled thought as that probably would be terrible.

As for recruitment etc that's mostly a problem for early game, later in the game you can easily explot your family and having them recruit for you if you "want". As they can pick up more troops than you anyway usually. And with prisoner recruitment etc its still fairly easy to maintain a steady army.. Sure I had to load a few times due mostly to the fact that sometimes I fell in battle and suddenly my army lost because they abandoned very good positions to get slaughtered etc. And you went from 100+ kills ahead of the enemy to them turning the battle 180 and ended up with 900kills for your 400. Or your units getting stuck during sieges or slaughtered for no reason other than that they are unable to work as a team.

Back
Top Bottom