forced not to kill generals

add a check box to disable losing relation with everyone when executing other lords

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

lords escaping in 2 days is a know issue, just read the dev post about it. They still need to implement the prison and ransom system for nobles. So the game is cheating and letting nobles go.

its not the WAI. Its just the WIP status for now.
Oh ok, so you're saying that this base coding is not final, and they actually agree to making not only diplomacy, but common sense about prisoners?

Whewwwwwwww! :grin:

It shouldn't be easy to escape a dungeon, maybe from your party, but not the dungeon. They should stay there until the end of war or being ransomed. Ransom should have high prices and being kind of forced/expected, like if you say no to so much money from their family you should loose lots of reputation with many honorable people. That way no need for mass executions, and ransoming would be a way to balance out factions if neccessary.

executing a mercenary/criminal gang leader?

they are still nobles. If you can kill one, you can kill others. So yes, that action will have consequences.

in wars they try to keep the high officers / nobles alive and ransom them. It works both ways. It makes the soldiers disposable tools, and the big shots the exception of the rule (more likely to survive).

they are the ones calling the shots, so yeah, they want a system where they are less likely to die .. even in defeat lol. Just a natural thingy.

executing should be limited to a few nobles which you have a beef with, not the entire kingdom, unless you want to become hated by the rest of the world ... which is fine, just take the hit and do your thingy.

Oh ok, so you're saying that this base coding is not final, and they actually agree to making not only diplomacy, but common sense about prisoners?

Whewwwwwwww! :grin:

its early EA, so yeah, its not even close to final. This particular issue was even recently discussed by devs.

How it's not an exploit? You can win the game by executing every lord and those that you did not kill yet shouldn't even care?
Wow imagine a war game about taking over the map where you win by killing your enemies. Sounds like a fun game, do you know any games like that?

Game is in Early Access, so annoying by definition. Letting player execute lords without consequences to win wars is not solution to prisoner problem. It's just letting player go around broken mechanic by breaking it even more.
So may be they should fix prisoner mechanic first. No? May be fix the problem, that force players to use this exploit. No?

they are still nobles. If you can kill one, you can kill others. So yes, that action will have consequences.

in wars they try to keep the high officers / nobles alive and ransom them. It works both ways. It makes the soldiers disposable tools, and the big shots the exception of the rule (more likely to survive).

they are the ones calling the shots, so yeah, they want a system where they are less likely to die .. even in defeat lol. Just a natural thingy.

executing should be limited to a few nobles which you have a beef with, not the entire kingdom, unless you want to become hated by the rest of the world ... which is fine, just take the hit and do your thingy.

its early EA, so yeah, its not even close to final. This particular issue was even recently discussed by devs.

im just confused what the devs want me to do that all i can execute them get negative - rep with everyone on map or i can fight the lord over and over in a single siege farming his recruit armies. Example in one city siege i fought the same lord 4 times just kept coming back with fresh armies or escaping with 2 days i cant even hold him prisoner.

Mercenary leaders are not nobles. In any case, I also said that it's fine you get SOME negative relation hit even with lords of your own faction just for ramping up the violence with the noble class in general, but 10 is too big of a number.

The exploit was that you could just destroy whole factions without taking their cities and castles by executing lords and suffer little consequences.
u cant city's dont go to u when u execute them and even if u killed all the faction's lords u still have to take city's for me im killing lords to lower there 1200 amry's espically the kuzait's 100 horse archer in every big army they make also if they dont want us killing them then let us imprison them for long till peace is made but fighting endless waves of lord army's gets boring espically with the retarded ai that dosent think about making peace even if they take a million casualties i have been playing a game from 5 days the kuzait's only stayed in peace for 15minutes in those 5 days

Honestly I never intended to use this feature because I always play as goodie two shoes but what else are we supposed to do? Lord so and so has already 50 relation because I release them three times a day after kicking their rear for raiding my village and at some point you just are fed up and decide to execute. Let them stay imprisoned and voila. No need to kill them to have a quiet day or two.

Honestly I never intended to use this feature because I always play as goodie two shoes but what else are we supposed to do? Lord so and so has already 50 relation because I release them three times a day after kicking their rear for raiding my village and at some point you just are fed up and decide to execute. Let them stay imprisoned and voila. No need to kill them to have a quiet day or two.
no joke this game i gave up on i was trying to be the good guy with all factions but they just kept attacking espically those damn kuzats with there horse archers i kept defeating them but they come back with more now i have -100 with all of them but because of that the southern empire only have 2 factions left the others left and they hate me too for defending there falling empire :grin:
i agree with u make the prison alot harder to escape like he was imprisoned in city's he should not be able to escape or give us higher prices in ransoming when i get imprisoned they ask 20k gold for my release but for there best generals it dosent go over 2k so executing them was the best option give us better alternative

yer you have a choice defeat the same lord over and over with his endless armies of recruits or execute and everyone hates you including your own faction

Agree with most of this thread. The penalties for executing make it completely unviable. The problem is that if we don't execute they just come back very soon with a stack of recruits and raid your villages. It creates and endless cycle of ping pong between your villages where you end destroying the same armies over and over again.

A fair point is that lord were often not executed historically however they could also die in battle and very few ever escaped from dungeons.

If they had a small chance to die in battle or they were locked in captivity until the end of a war then that would drastically reduce the need to execute anyone.

Also how about making lords who raid villages attract dishonour thus making them easier to execute? Surely an honourable lord doesn't go around raiding villages?

In warband I would keep my prison full of enemy lords I was at war with. I wouldn't execute them, but I'd never accept ransom offers. Once the war ended they'd all be released anyway. I was hoping to do this when I started playing bannerlord and got my first castle.

Nope.

I put him in prison and he was gone 2 days later.

So I started executing all the lords I could because there was no other way to deal with them.

Agree with most of this thread. The penalties for executing make it completely unviable. The problem is that if we don't execute they just come back very soon with a stack of recruits and raid your villages. It creates and endless cycle of ping pong between your villages where you end destroying the same armies over and over again.

A fair point is that lord were often not executed historically however they could also die in battle and very few ever escaped from dungeons.

If they had a small chance to die in battle or they were locked in captivity until the end of a war then that would drastically reduce the need to execute anyone.

Also how about making lords who raid villages attract dishonour thus making them easier to execute? Surely an honourable lord doesn't go around raiding villages?
Good last point. Some of the Lords raiding my villages three times a day were honourable, generous and merciful. B*** please. It would be neat if the traits actually translated to in-game behaviour.

im just confused what the devs want me to do that all i can execute them get negative - rep with everyone on map

you get -reputation with some, not all of them, it depends on who you kill. Same way you lose -reputation when you raid a caravan, or when you raid a village, or when you kill a member of a clan (execution) and you make that clan your mortal enemy (they should be OK now to do the same to you and yours, meaning, if they capture one of your companions/clan people they should also have the option to execute them).

In warband I would keep my prison full of enemy lords I was at war with. I wouldn't execute them, but I'd never accept ransom offers. Once the war ended they'd all be released anyway. I was hoping to do this when I started playing bannerlord and got my first castle.

Nope.

I put him in prison and he was gone 2 days later.

So I started executing all the lords I could because there was no other way to deal with them.
i did the same back then i lost only honor they did escape but way less then now now its like they go to the dungeon have a cup of tea and leave

So may be they should fix prisoner mechanic first. No? May be fix the problem, that force players to use this exploit. No?

And may be devs know better how to manage their work and what to fix first, because they actually know the game structure and code, while you don't.

Back
Top Bottom