forced not to kill generals

add a check box to disable losing relation with everyone when executing other lords

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Devs made a stupud desision - endless lords respawns
Players found the way to avoid it
What devs are doing? May be they are fisxng endless lords army spawn? Nope, they are closing the way to avoid it.

And that's why I started chopping heads off.

I have, during a siege, literally, had to release the same lords two or three times with their practically instant 'new armies.' It's tedious, unbalanced and sucks the fun out of the game. It got so annoying that I finally put myself of all the easy settings as I I couldn't do anything. And even on easy settings, it can often go nowhere.

Typical fruitless siege loop:

Start siege
Get attacked
Lose a bunch of troops on my side
Release the enemies (may as well because they're going to escape during the siege)
Call in more of my vassals

Go back to siege
Get attacked (by many of the same lords)
Lose a bunch more troops
Release enemies (may as well because they're going to escape during the siege)
Have no more vassals to call so no way to replace KIAs

Go back to siege
Get attacked (by many of the same lords)
Lose even more troops (once surviving with just 4 troops it was that close)
Release enemies (may as well because they're going to escape during the siege)
Give up siege

Spend next half-hour plus touring my Kingdom to recruit troops because I don't get instant-armies.

I've gotten nowhere. And this cycle just keeps repeating and repeating and repeating.

My current solution is to to use the prisoners can't escape mod and keep them in my prisoners.

I've noticed that I am now fighting the same mercs that i fought against but they have switched sides from the Northern Empire to the southern. We seem to be using no mercs. It wouldnt surprise me if this is automatic that mercs join the faction that the players faction is at war with. This obviously exacerbates the problem by multiplying the total number of lords you have to fight against.

Executing is not even an option now they may as well remove it from the game in its current state. Mod's are the only way to avoid tedious repetitive gameplay at the moment. I currently have about 20 Southern empire lords as prisoner. That is 20 lords not appearing with insta stacks of recruits every few days and I'm still having them come at me and having the same battle.

I voted no. It's not a simple situation. You should definitely lose relation with the Lord's friend and clan when you execute them, but members of other factions shouldn't lose relation (I killed an Asseri lord today and lost 10 relation with the Khergit clan...). Bannerlord needs a reputation meter like Warband had. Executions should lose reputation and mark you as cruel or evil. The current system is too punitive though.

So you complain that devs have removed what was basically an exploit from the game?

But the AI cheats and creates endless armies that spam attacks your city. The only way to slow this down is to execute lords and decrease the pool of lords the AI has to create armies.

This game is extremely broken and unfortunately it becomes unbearably noticable only after you have played far beyond the 2 hour return window.

But the AI cheats and creates endless armies that spam attacks your city. The only way to slow this down is to execute lords and decrease the pool of lords the AI has to create armies.

This game is extremely broken and unfortunately it becomes unbearably noticable only after you have played far beyond the 2 hour return window.

It's Early Access. You knew it when you were buying it. If you can't bear to play it, put it aside, go play something you can enjoy and come back after few patches and updates to see if things have improved.

One lord dies, another lord inherits. The last lord of a clan dies, a new clan gets generated and inherits.

High-level lords replaced with low-level lords, so execution is still worthwhile.

How will this not solve it? I thought we were trying to solve the player killing all of a kingdom's lords, leaving no one in their place?
The root of the problem is endless lords, if you read OPs complaints. These players are feeling forced to execute every lord to attempt to stop them from being lord spammed. Execution doesn't solve this. It just means fighting undead or generic lord clones over and over.

The root of the problem is endless lords, if you read OPs complaints. These players are feeling forced to execute every lord to attempt to stop them from being lord spammed. Execution doesn't solve this. It just means fighting undead or generic lord clones over and over.

Yes, that's the root problem.

However, being able to kill entire factions is the problem that caused the devs to add the relations penalty, and that will be fixed when they sort out inheritance and clan generation.

Yes, that's the root problem.

However, being able to kill entire factions is the problem that caused the devs to add the relations penalty, and that will be fixed when they sort out inheritance and clan generation.
Possibly. Or we'll just get generic lords over and over, like the companions. Imprisoning them is probably going to remain the most effective option to buy yourself time if Warband and the current state of Bannerlord are indicators.

Possibly. Or we'll just get generic lords over and over, like the companions. Imprisoning them is probably going to remain the most effective option to buy yourself time if Warband and the current state of Bannerlord are indicators.

Endless generic lords is inevitable, but hopefully the new lords will be a much lower level than the ones we execute, thus weakening the kingdom as a whole.

Yes this was a dumb change, knee-jerk reaction to players executing every lord. If they would just fix the game so lords don't escape from prison in under 30 seconds, and implement proper ransom negotiation, then we wouldn't need to execute them in the first place and this poorly conceived change would be redundant.

It was always intended to give dire consequences. It just wasn't working as intended. It's not a kneejerk reaction.

And there's a very valid reason for your own lords being upset you murdered enemy lords.

It would make the chances of THEM being executed in retaliation exceptionally high in real life (Don't know if its in game).

I there is a butcher running around, you don't just let his people go. You start murdering his friends, and family, and compatriots IE all your honorable buddies.

If lords are "endless" stop letting them go, for the period of the siege. Sure they escape within a couple days but thats still better than them just popping up immediately. And the Bannerlord AI is designed to have the same restrictions as the player. They arent cheating. They are just taking units from the garrisons nearby.

The fix to this issue is to make lords harder to capture (so that after an army battle you dont capture every lord) but also harder to escape imprisonment.

Because as stated if lords who get captured (and currently most army battles end up in the losing side having basically everyone captured) the snowball effect just dominates the already losing side.

Devs made a stupud desision - endless lords respawns
Players found the way to avoid it
What devs are doing? May be they are fisxng endless lords army spawn? Nope, they are closing the way to avoid it.

Y
My current solution is to to use the prisoners can't escape mod and keep them in my prisoners.

I've noticed that I am now fighting the same mercs that i fought against but they have switched sides from the Northern Empire to the southern. We seem to be using no mercs. It wouldnt surprise me if this is automatic that mercs join the faction that the players faction is at war with. This obviously exacerbates the problem by multiplying the total number of lords you have to fight against.

Executing is not even an option now they may as well remove it from the game in its current state. Mod's are the only way to avoid tedious repetitive gameplay at the moment. I currently have about 20 Southern empire lords as prisoner. That is 20 lords not appearing with insta stacks of recruits every few days and I'm still having them come at me and having the same battle.

Yeah the endless spam of lords is a real issue and like Caledoni I have had to resort to mods to fix it. Honestly, there is a simple fix, just make it so it is harder for lords to escape, simple as that. The biggest issue is that with lords escaping faster than you can capture them, is you can never get ahead and make defeating those lords in the first place meaningful. In very short order the endless spam turns having an exciting war into a tedious grind of not being able to accomplish anything that you can't escape.

So all that is needed is the make it about 10 times harder for the lords to escape and just keep changing the escape rate until you have just enough lords returning to make it fun and challenging without it becoming lord spam. This seems like such a simple fix, I am not sure why it hasn't been pushed out by taleworlds yet.

It's Early Access. You knew it when you were buying it. If you can't bear to play it, put it aside, go play something you can enjoy and come back after few patches and updates to see if things have improved.
being early access dosent give u a green card to make stupid changes and balancing they should give and alternative way so we dont have to execute ok ? removing this feature showed allot of trouble in the game horse archers being able to destroy entire army's no joke binu zilal with 60horse archers killed 180 soldiers he killed 2 aserai lords with 90 men each and defeated me 5 times with the same army the only way to get rid of his bull**** was execution so what sucks is they left this broken unite unbalanced and they removed the only counter to this **** it made my game 10 times worst + its a ****ing single palyer im not executing players warband was not realistic with 1 man kills 100 now they want to make it real ? what also sucks is i would love to use a mod and get rid of this but there game crashes when using mods

So the 'prisoners can't escape mod' doesn't improve the situation as it affects the prisoners the AI takes also. Basically there are no lords at all on the map because they have all recruit spammed into each other and gotten captured.

I'm sure they will get round to fixing this but mid-late game is pretty grim at the moment. Actually found one guy with 60 men raiding deep in my faction less than 24hours after release. Must have spawned an army with him when he got released from the castle and got straight to buisness.

I've played 4 campaigns now to the stage where I have been given feif's and the mid game is always the same beyond that.

Ok, that'll be a "no" from me.

It was probably OK from the players' perspective to counter recruit blitzkriegs from recently defeated lords, but executing your own prisoner after surrender is still dishonorable and should still be a massive reputation hit from any sane character. If you're acting like a maniac, at least be prepared to be treated like a maniac.

Applying such a penalty to this mechanic will exacerbate recruit spam from lords and will likely lead to recruit spam being fixed sooner. A good deal overall.

Yes this was a dumb change, knee-jerk reaction to players executing every lord. If they would just fix the game so lords don't escape from prison in under 30 seconds, and implement proper ransom negotiation, then we wouldn't need to execute them in the first place and this poorly conceived change would be redundant.

I agree. Lords should have like less than 1% chance of escaping captivity every month and there should be options to ransom them and other diplomatic options like ending the war, trading fiefs, ect.

Because bannerlord also does not have a proper lord/clan regeneration system, executing too many lords is similar to an exploit. Also there is no intrigue or assassination options for the player and the lords/kings with gear worth millions are all chumps, unlike in 3k where they are demigods so it's very easy to beat them in battle.

In CK2, if you execute a prisoner you do get minor relationship decrease but the people in your court, council, ect constantly change and you eventually play as a new heir every 3 hours so the penalty is very minor. Whereas in bannerlord you're stuck playing the main char 100+ hours, basically the whole play-through and the lords all seem to have magical powers to teleport out of captivity once every other day so sometimes you're forced to execute them to win a war.

Last edited:
Ok, that'll be a "no" from me.

It was probably OK from the players' perspective to counter recruit blitzkriegs from recently defeated lords, but executing your own prisoner after surrender is still dishonorable and should still be a massive reputation hit from any sane character. If you're acting like a maniac, at least be prepared to be treated like a maniac.

Applying such a penalty to this mechanic will exacerbate recruit spam from lords and will likely lead to recruit spam being fixed sooner. A good deal overall.
as i said in the game dialog when u fisrt attack them and talk to them before the battle starts u have the attack option and it says (player tells the lord) surrender or die he allways say we will fight to the end so when u catch him after that he fought he refused to surrender u catch him because he is wounded by u or ur soldiers if i dont do the die part then i would be a coward :grin:

Thing is that would make snowballing way too prevalent again. Imagine imprisoning half the lords in a country, they won't have an army anymore
well if we talk history no lord ever had the resources to raise a new army every time they get defeated and no lord was ever able to recover from more then 10 defeats in a row
why are u all talk like the game is pvp ? its a singleplayer we dont care about snowballing execution is the only anti to kuzait and bini zilal form me and for most people its the anti of stupid mechanics of constant attacks from lords and the retarded ai

Back
Top Bottom