forced not to kill generals

add a check box to disable losing relation with everyone when executing other lords

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I would be perfectly happy with there being a condition where imprisoned lords could not escape, i.e when locked in a player’s personal dungeon (town or castle), wherein the AI must send envoys to request said prisoners release and propose terms.

Additionally, It is mind-boggling that allied lords would lose relation with you PUBLICLY when executing lords of enemy/at war factions, clearly we the players never got the memo about the new rules of war in calradia,

-Cosplay safe/Foam swords only
-No permadeath (that means stop executing everyone, KAREN.)
-Arrows & thrown weapons have additional magic damage that is not listed in the handbook.
-Most importantly, Have fun!
yeah u kill 1000 soldiers burn there bodies and u burn and pillage villages and kill its people all cool killing a lord . my faction lords : wow uncool he had a family yes he imprisoned me and he killed allot of our men and killed our villages and he is destroying our empire but still :grin:

I feel like there are no good options after defeating lords in battle. At first it felt like an accomplishment, when I finally had an army capable of defeating other lords in battle. But after playing for a while, it seems pointless and repetitive.

1. Release the lord. Get a small boost to relations, but the same lord is back on your door step the next day.
2. Capture the lord. Because of how quickly they get released, this is essentially the same as 1, just delayed and without the boost to relations.
3. Execute the lord, watch 5 straight minutes of relation decrease notifications, and be hated across the entire world.

I feel like I either have to become hated (which makes recruitment impossible after a while) or fight the same battles over and over again. As a small independent kingdom, it's near impossible to successfully maintain a siege for long enough when doom stack armies re-appear in a matter of days. Execution seems like the only way to make any progress in wars as a small kingdom.
exactly releasing enemy lords is fine with the amount of relation u get but there is no way other then execution to take lords out of the war the best option is if they first made the prison system way better then make execution as it is give us something in return

"I killed a very important person who surrendered and is completely harmless, why am I being so looked down upon?"
this harmless lord pillaged villages and killed my men im not killing a baby
also balancing is never good this way just take things out of the game and force people to accept it i did pay 43$ and i loved the game with all its bugs they did not fix the screen turns black and u have to restart every now and then nope they took an option that was a huge part of this game out
i support them balancing the game props to them but u should make this either an option (enable disable relation decrease with ally's ) or improve the prison system dont just make changes and destroy featurs and there is no alternate feature to replace it

would be nice indeed
if u lock enemy lords up in a dungeon the dont escape like that pretty please
with maybe a option u get a letter with a higher ransom offer or that he holds a grudge and if he defeats you returns the favor and your companions have to bust you out (:
or if he does escape u or your appointed spymaster can get a quest to sniff out the leak / corruption in your guards
i do hope TW brings back the quest to bust someone out i think this was the most exhilarating thing i did in warband sneaking into a castle in my beggars outfit bribe the guard and fight a dozen guards with a quarter staff
would be nice in general if they wouldn't be riding around full health and army (after defeating them )faster then u can recover from your wounds after u just slaughtered him en his entire army
unless they are friends with minor factions leave them out of it
it would be cool if TW implements the underworld/ criminal Arc that u would be able to put a assassination or money on enemy lords head with a chance i could come back to u off course
or that u could barter with a lord to execute someone if the intensive is big enough so he takes the wrap
or if the lord was a evil bastard with dishonor u wouldn't get as much penalty for killing him
Or what also would be super if u would get positive relation with his enemies !!
and it would show up in dialog instead of hey ...... i heard u too blah blah castle hey ...... i heard u beheaded ...... (:
nope just fu ck all and take execution out no thinking no ideas no give them a better option just make execution worst

this harmless lord pillaged villages and killed my men im not killing a baby
also balancing is never good this way just take things out of the game and force people to accept it i did pay 43$ and i loved the game with all its bugs they did not fix the screen turns black and u have to restart every now and then nope they took an option that was a huge part of this game out
i support them balancing the game props to them but u should make this either an option (enable disable relation decrease with ally's ) or improve the prison system dont just make changes and destroy featurs and there is no alternate feature to replace it
yeah but you don't execute someone of such a high standing. if you did that in the middle ages your own king would probably arrest you and have you executed for doing something seen as very dishonorable back then

yeah but you don't execute someone of such a high standing. if you did that in the middle ages your own king would probably arrest you and have you executed for doing something seen as very dishonorable back then
then they should let us imprison them lol many kings even and lords were imprisoned and some were killed

The game is set during a time when a feudal system was around. Basicly you dident kill your prisoners per se, randsoming them was alot more common. Or outright letting go of nobles because of their lineage and status. It was part 'honor' but more likely part self preservation. You might find yourself captured yourself at some point and if you never showed compassion or treated your prisoners well it was pretty unlikely that they would show you the same courtesy.

Honestly though, if you want to kill everyone who stands in your way just do so? At some point you wont have anyone left who can put up a fight :razz:

Lets not use history as a basis as liberations, ransoms or executions happened randomly.through the middle ages.

The point is that the player and the AI are not playing with the same rules for exampel:
- Ransom: The player has to pay ransoms according to their wealth and some random factor (I have been offered freedom for 10k) while it seems Ai lords goes between 1000+3000G from mercenaries to kings.
- Freedom: The player spwans near the party/fief where he/she was imprisoned alone, while the lords spawn in their main fief with a party of 40-50 so not only they have a safer restart but they also save gold as you will have to spend 1000G at least in recruits + their upgrades + the food. which can easily skyrocket into 10k+ if your clan tier is 2+.
So far i had to spent 20k to be back in bussiness as a clan tier 2 because Raghea decided to not siege a city until the whole Khuzait horde was knocking the camp doors, while any lord gets away with 1-3k.

So of course you think "Well if no matter how many times i defeat those lords, then i should take them out of the war" so of course your first thought is to have them imprisioned as long as the war lasts BUT your guards must be in their first day so after 2-3 days your prisioners escape thus raising and army for free. So the next step is to take them out permanently but now if you do everyone hates you and that is a big deal as your own faction will deny access to their castles just because you dont want to play infinite lord whack-a-mole.

To fix this they could:
a. Spawn lords near you alone (They are alone and with a horse so you wont catch them easily)
b. Fix the chance to escape.
c. Giving a huge malus for executions.

Guess what they did? But it doesnt matter, soon there will be another "exploit" like bribing enemy lords into your faction for example and of course they will "fix" that as well scaling the bribe to your wealth or giving a huge cooldown.

It may not have been the done thing but it certainly happened. have a look at Edward I or Gengis Khan. Two of the most famous leaders from that timeframe and who's cultures are represented in the game and tell me they were shy of executions. The Empire is based on Rome as well. Executions were certainly the norm for them and often made into a public spectacle.

Lord's also commonly died in battle or spent years in prison. Options that we don't have available to us.

In anycase the problem is not that players are executing every lord because they want to. The problem is that it is pretty much the only option to stop them coming back in a few days with 60 recruits. Why not fix the actual problem instead of nerfing the solution? I wasn't executing anyone until I started seeing the same dozen or so lords raiding my villages making me ping pong back and forth for literallly hours. The I started executing everyone as it is the only way to stop it. now there is no way to stop it so you either just fight the same small boring battle dozens of times or make everyone hate you.

I don't really think there is any issue with the executions personally.

Guys, we need to make a list with every useless mechanics in the game.

the most funny thing that we are geting more and more of them.

It's Early Access we expect to see some issues come up and disappear and new ones come along too.

It's Early Access we expect to see some issues come up and disappear and new ones come along too.
Sure. I am fine with state of the game. Becouse cmon we all knew how it will be.
But i dont like direction to nerf everything before fixing all missing features.

This was my tactic in first Banner Lord. There was no option to execute but I held in prison as many lords as I could so they didn't get back with armies. It was effective tactic. I wanted to do it in MB2 but seems ppl exploited it.

Inheritance won't stop this. It, coupled with the execution mechanic, just means you get to kill new lords or the undead lords over and over.

One lord dies, another lord inherits. The last lord of a clan dies, a new clan gets generated and inherits.

High-level lords replaced with low-level lords, so execution is still worthwhile.

How will this not solve it? I thought we were trying to solve the player killing all of a kingdom's lords, leaving no one in their place?

This was my tactic in first Banner Lord. There was no option to execute but I held in prison as many lords as I could so they didn't get back with armies. It was effective tactic. I wanted to do it in MB2 but seems ppl exploited it.
in bannerlord they just escape after 1 day its like he is sleeping in a friend's house not in a cell underground

I would rather just see it get balanced rather than a check box.
all in for a balance or an option my main point is why just ruin an option in the game and not balance or give us an alternative thing
but they went the lazy route i had a huge hope in the devs i really support them this is the first time i ever spent 40+ on a game but they annoyed me with this small change tbh

Game is in Early Access, we agreed to be a guinea pigs and even payed for the privilege. We found an exploit, devs have fixed it. That's what they are supposed to do. Instead of demanding exploit back, players should demand instant prisoner escape to be fixed as well.

Execution is still in the game if you want to use it. It will just not allow you to cheat your way through the game by doing so.

Execution did not exist in the Warband.

Well said through and through.

I agree. It's a really ****ty system, something I complained about in a post I made a few days ago. If anything, you should never be penalized for offing Mercenaries and the penalty should not be to Honor but to something like 'Ruthless/Compassionate' or some such.

Back
Top Bottom