- Best answers
Flora Enhancement Mod
As you can see, this mod's made to enhance the flora in Mount&Blade. The models are made of a trunk, branches, and a combination of three quads positioned on "0,0,0", rotated 45 degrees, and pointing towards x, y and z. A leaf image has been applied to those quads. Multiply that mesh by a lot, spread them in a realistic tree shape, and there's your real tree. Conifers use tapered planes as a needle surface.
Version 1.21, 12-9-2009 --> no repository upload, for testers only. Ask me via PM if you're interested.
- Copied and modified the flora shader so it now supports 2-sided lighting.
Version 1.2, 29-7-2009 --> http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=1410
- Fixed a bug in the installer that prevented Windows' Software management from finding the installer.
- Fixed (sometimes: removed) some bumpmaps, alpha + normal doesn't work with the dot3_alpha shader.
- Optimized tree_1_a,tree_1_b,tree_2_a,tree_2_b.
Version 1.1, 29-7-2009
- Fixed a bug in flora_kinds.txt.
Me said:It's fixed. Here's what went wrong: there used to be two seperate snowy pines (the white and the greener one). Named snowy_pine and tree_snowy. I both named them pines because they're, well, pines. Then I changed the tree_snowy list in flora_kinds to "tree_snowy,flag,0", where the 0 means the list is 0 items long. Compiled o.k., but didn't work ingame...
- Optimized aspen_a,aspen_b,aspen_c.
- The two snowy pines now aren't separated anymore in battles for better variation.
Version 1.0, 17-7-2009
- Replaced most trees, except tall_tree_a.
- Replaced a few bushes, like bushes_2_x.
- Applied some bumpmaps here and there.
- Added a test-phase conifer.
- Combined everything into a handy installer.
- Works with any mod that does not alter/rely-on-the-stock flora_kinds.txt/the 5 tree brf's.
- Hope the mod also works for the Steam version of MnB.
How to install:
Run the installer.
You want to use stuff from this mod in your mod?
Janus, for the installer script, mbrepository