Favorite myhtical hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

MountainBlade

Sergeant Knight at Arms
To go with the favorite ancient and medieval topics...your favorite mythical hero. Period doesn't matter, as long as they are (mostly) fictitious. If they defeat armies on their own or live for 300 years they count as mythical.

Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe, main character from Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe.

Not exactly from mythology, but he was set in a romantisced England during the Crusades, which is a bit of a mythology in itself.

Cuchulainn is a good choice. I'm going for Odysseus, though. Gotta have respect for a resilient type like him.

Cuchulainn, for the sheer awesome brutality of his Gae Bolg.

Another less-well known Irish hero was Diarmuid ua Duibhne. Being the foster son of the god of love Aonghus, he's not exactly the definition of "baddass" (heck, his name means Diarmuid of the Love Spot), but he DID beat a big, ogre-like creature to death with apparently his bare hands just because his girlfriend wanted some fruit  :lol:

Sir Gawain, pre-Lancelot. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is one of my favorite stories, though I like it even better retold by Gerald Morris.

(Naridill will probably agree with me) I think either Loki or Tyr. probably Tyr, though. who doesn't love a mortal, one handed, sword wielding Badass god?
other than that, I think Bellerophon and Heracles were pretty cool.

Still, Tyr gets my vote.
EDIT: actually Chuck Norris. if he wants to be a mythical hero, ****, he can be a mythical hero.

As my avatar states; Sigmar the first true ruler of man and brought all the nomadic tribes together and united them under one banner.

13 Spider Bloody Chain said:

Another less-well known Irish hero was Diarmuid ua Duibhne. Being the foster son of the god of love Aonghus, he's not exactly the definition of "baddass" (heck, his name means Diarmuid of the Love Spot), but he DID beat a big, ogre-like creature to death with apparently his bare hands just because his girlfriend wanted some fruit  :lol:

Didn't he use the ogre's club for that though?
And, Diomedes was awesome. (Not the one with the silly horses.)

Id have to say Beowulf. Grendel was bad enough, but his mom...!?!?!?!?

Otherwise it would have to be Narcissus, just because "Narcissistic" and "Narcissism" are such cool words.

FrisianDude said:
13 Spider Bloody Chain said:

Didn't he use the ogre's club for that though?

Did he? I forget.

But still.

Loki could destroy Odin any day. and not even I can beat Tyr's Mad Skillz with a sword. Odin loses. out of all the Aesir, Odin's number 4. (Tyr, Loki, Thor, Odin,)

Back
Top Bottom