Favorite myhtical hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

kyle6474 said:
King Arthur exept he was a roman fending off saxons :grin: instead of a king
Well, if you go with the romantic King Arthur, then he is a mythical King. And I agree, he's a good 'un.

Thanks. See? Odin.

But I was under the impression that we could not use Gods. Only heros? I stuck Odin because he is just that good.

* Nari, Æsir, and other followers of Odin decend on the lesser heros of the thread and slaughter them all in the name of the All-Father.*

Oh ****, the vikings are here!

As awesome as Odin and Cu Cuchulain are, I have to go with Gilgamesh. Can't ignore a braided beard.

Naridill said:
Loki's cunning, evil, selfish and god of fire and trickery, and, apparently, multi-species cross-dressing. Týr has the biggest balls in Åsgård, 'nuff said. But Odin seems to me the most original and recognisable of them all.
Might want to read the top ten misconceptions about Loki http://www.ragnarokr.com/Introductions/top_ten.html
There are a few surprising ones.

i have to say . . . ODIN!!!

i mean all the gods are immortal and as inhuman as gods are, but not him.
he ripped out his eye and hung himself to (half-)dead just for knowledge, wisdom and runes.
and STILL he kicks ass, now in even more ways than before. :twisted:

There's too many to pick from.

1 Diomedes He's cunning, he's great at fighting, and his mother didn't cheat by making him nigh invunerable like Achilles who is over rated ever since that troy movie

2 Siegfried, he kills a dragon, he's a hero for Germans and Scandinavians and well he's just siegfried! heck the first part of his name in modern german means victory!

3 Gilgamesj probably the first recorded hero known to mankind

4 Aenas goes trough allmost the exact same thing as Odysseus, fought heroicly in the Trojan war, causes the eternal hatred between Rome and Carthage and is the father of all Romans. I can't believe he's not mentioned!

5 Herakles, an explanation is not needed

Joku738 said:
Väinämöinen! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A4in%C3%A4m%C3%B6inen (hehe!)
I don't think that Väinämöinen should be included into this poll, because the poll was for mythical heroes. Väinämöinen strongly disagreed that he was mythical or supernatural. :smile:

Researcher: "But... that is supernatural..."
Väinämöinen: "It is totally natural for me."

Back
Top Bottom