FAVORITE FACTIONS AND WHY!

Users who are viewing this thread

lolwarrior

Sergeant Knight
I decided that since there aren't the favorite factions of WFAS on the forums, I decided to start this topic.
This is how a response should look like. (No flaming any factions you don't like!)

Favorite Faction - Crimean Khanate
Why- Because of my ethnicity and their horse troops and armor.
Dislikes- No good infantry and rare firearmed troops.
Favorite Troop- Veteren Nokhor and the Azaps. (I love janissaries as well.)

Well I dig the Cossacks because of their fine pistols, especially in co-op with a pistol squad switching between melee and ranged (for which the commands actually work!) is a real nice treat.

Favorite Faction - Kingdom of Sweden
Why- Because of heavy infantry, Expert Marksmen, Heavy Powerful Cavalry
Dislikes- Musketeers are lightly armoured.
Favorite Troop- Lifeguard because of they're powerful skill with firearms.

After reading the book (which is much better than the game btw), I was dead set on joining the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Cossacks make me sick from their actions in the book. The Crimean's leader in the book complained about peanuts(which was somewhat hilarious), the Russians sided with the Cossacks which depressed me because they are cool but I couldn't side with them now. The Swedes, meh they bother me in the game...to powerful and arrogant. Poles for me! +I'm 1/4 Polish! >.<

Lord Schlather said:
After reading the book (which is much better than the game btw), I was dead set on joining the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Cossacks make me sick from their actions in the book. The Crimean's leader in the book complained about peanuts(which was somewhat hilarious), the Russians sided with the Cossacks which depressed me because they are cool but I couldn't side with them now. The Swedes, meh they bother me in the game...to powerful and arrogant. Poles for me! +I'm 1/4 Polish! >.<

Where did you find the book? In english?

Best I've found so far is $50 for a used paperback on amazon and they want $55 for the 1999 movie.  I found The Deluge which I think is the 2nd or 3rd book in the series at my local library, but no luck on the others.

(edit) I'm 1/2 Swedish and bought the game because I could finally play Sweden and I cant stand using them because they're way OP and its not even fun.
Favorite so far is Cossacks but I havent used the Russians or Crimeans yet, my Serduks wreck opposing armies.  Sadly every other Cossack unit is useless in battle

dreadlord said:
Pike watchmen are not useless in battle at all.

Disagree, its one of the worst.  Light armor, 57 hp and terrible AI make them fodder and they're 18 each iirc.  One shot and they're dead, Dragoons or muskets tear them up, throw them up against heavies and they'll get murdered even quicker.  I wouldn't waste a spot for Zap. Cav. let alone a crap pike watchman when I could have one more Serduk.

I like them all but I enjoy the Balance of the Poles the best, especially because they have German and Scottish troops and awesome cavalry.  That together is hard to beat.

Sweden, they hold Prussia, just fits my character best since she is technically I'm calling her Prussian.  :roll:

Kneed said:
Lord Schlather said:

Where did you find the book? In english?

Best I've found so far is $50 for a used paperback on amazon and they want $55 for the 1999 movie.  I found The Deluge which I think is the 2nd or 3rd book in the series at my local library, but no luck on the others.

(edit) I'm 1/2 Swedish and bought the game because I could finally play Sweden and I cant stand using them because they're way OP and its not even fun.
Favorite so far is Cossacks but I havent used the Russians or Crimeans yet, my Serduks wreck opposing armies.  Sadly every other Cossack unit is useless in battle

Well, I found this online--I haven't read it, so I can't tell you if it really is the full text, but that's what it claims-- just google "With Fire and Sword Text" I think I found a version of it in English online.  I'm browsing throught it right now.

Back
Top Bottom