Explanations about game concepts and weird situations

Users who are viewing this thread

New crash:
crashbug002.jpg

Followed by this:
crashbug003.jpg

oops, in reverse order :grin:

I've got a request. Can I have some mutton chops as a beard style? Thanks.

Oh. Also, as much as I love battle mode; we need a one-sided objective mode. Attackers get a certain amount of time to capture a flag or seize an area. No respawning. That way it keeps the battle moving; instead of both sides camping two different towers.

It would be kind of neat to have a sort of "Protect the Merchant" mode or something, where one side is the mercenary force protecting a wealthy merchant who has been ambushed by bandits which have the goal of killing the Merchant and stealing his valuables.

It would kind of be like Battle, except one side would have incentive to press forward and engage the other side.

Ive found a glitch that is very odd sometimes if the game lags enough i will be able to jump and start flying also Ive seen certain khergit horse archers being able to fly high in the air after a small jump

Yeah that's just a concept. Ideally, there would be about three entrances in the outer wall and the circular structure or keep, as it were, would be towards the back. Inside the keep, just a simple spiral staircase up to the top with an opening to get to the outer wall somewhere along the way.

Yeah I know symmetrical maps don't always make a lot of sense and they may not be as aesthetically pleasing, but they are always perfectly balanced (and thus easier to make).

I vote for attack/defend or king of the hill.  Something along the lines of when you siege a castle.  You could keep horsemen in the mix by adding a drawbridge or something that remains closed until an attacking infantry destroys the locking mechanism or something.  Doesn't have to be complex.  Could just be "You have to stand on this part of the ground and the gate goes down" kind of thing.

I noticed with the friendly fire - self damage thing that if you are on a horse and you accidently hit a friendly's horse, your horse dies instead of you taking damage.  But I haven't tested what happens if you don't have a horse and you hit a friendly horse.  I'm assuming you'd just take the damage?

kaheidt said:
I vote for attack/defend or king of the hill.  Something along the lines of when you siege a castle.  You could keep horsemen in the mix by adding a drawbridge or something that remains closed until an attacking infantry destroys the locking mechanism or something.  Doesn't have to be complex.  Could just be "You have to stand on this part of the ground and the gate goes down" kind of thing.

I noticed with the friendly fire - self damage thing that if you are on a horse and you accidently hit a friendly's horse, your horse dies instead of you taking damage.  But I haven't tested what happens if you don't have a horse and you hit a friendly horse.  I'm assuming you'd just take the damage?

Yup, if you have a horse and hit a friendly horse, your horse takes the damage. If you do not have a horse and hit a friendly horse, you take the damage.

kaheidt said:

You take the damage, and it's often lethal - since horses have basically no armor. I've one shot myself while wearing the best equipment because a teammate happened to ride straight into it over a hill after I threw an axe at enemy cavalry. You do more damage to yourself shooting horses than teammates with armor.

With regards to gameplay, I've found myself to be fairly atrociously out of practice: However, I'm maintaining that this is in some way related to the ~1 second lag from letting go of the mouse buttong and anything approaching a swing taking place. I know my internet's not great these days, but I know I don't have a ping of 1000, so a big chunk of that slooooowwwww response has to be coming from the game. 'tain't natural, I tells ya!

A quick question that I didn't want to make a thread about: Is it possible to view past messages? I hate it when I'm in the middle of concentrating on a battle and my dead compatriots start planning for the next round. It's nice that they're doing it, but it's hard to keep track of everything.

Leprechaun said:
With regards to gameplay, I've found myself to be fairly atrociously out of practice: However, I'm maintaining that this is in some way related to the ~1 second lag from letting go of the mouse buttong and anything approaching a swing taking place. I know my internet's not great these days, but I know I don't have a ping of 1000, so a big chunk of that slooooowwwww response has to be coming from the game. 'tain't natural, I tells ya!

I've noticed a similar problem, but I'm fairly certain it's because my ping is at least 250ms.

ps. Looking forward to an Aus server!

Maps:
Some of the decorative additions prove a litle cumbersome (un-jumpable, trick walls etc)
This isnt a huge problem but does become an annoyance. One example that springs to mind is the field next to the river map in which a knocked-over fence becomes an obstacle.
Also the Khergit Village level can be a little annoying due the few entrances to the main part of the map for those who spawn outside it. Again, nothing huge but still.
Only played a little so I'll post more later.

Back
Top Bottom