Embarrassment

Users who are viewing this thread

Urgnot said:
I was in a Battle mode game, and I was using the cavalry troop and I go in against another cavalry player and take down his horse with my lance. I thought the honorable thing to do was get off my horse and fight him man to man, so I move closer to him and then pow, he dodges right past me and runs up and steals my horse and rides away leaving me stranded miles from the battle. I must say I had to laugh my ass off.  :grin:

I'm pretty sure that was me.  :twisted:

I love seeing "Saddle Horse <kill icon> <player xxx>".. Several teamkillings have also been quite hilarious, I remember spectating my teammate when he was in a 1vs2 situation; The other enemy threw a javelin -> my teammate strafed -> the javelin hit the other enemy straight to the chest and he died :grin: It was so, so funny looking that I can't explain it to text properly.

One thing I dearly love is teammates dying right next to me, especially if they're taken out with bolts or arrows. There's nothing like feeling that the arrow/bolt misses you by just few centimetres but then hits and kills the guy next to you :razz:

This one time friendly fire was on. I ended up killing 4 guys on my team, swinging wildly around like an idiot

sadnhappy said:
I love seeing "Saddle Horse <kill icon> <player xxx>".. Several teamkillings have also been quite hilarious, I remember spectating my teammate when he was in a 1vs2 situation; The other enemy threw a javelin -> my teammate strafed -> the javelin hit the other enemy straight to the chest and he died :grin: It was so, so funny looking that I can't explain it to text properly.

One thing I dearly love is teammates dying right next to me, especially if they're taken out with bolts or arrows. There's nothing like feeling that the arrow/bolt misses you by just few centimetres but then hits and kills the guy next to you :razz:

I've been saved by allies running in front of me, just to take out a bolt aimed at me :grin: Just can't get enough of it.
One of my most embarrassing moments was when, in battle-mode, I was fighting the last enemy 1-on-1, on the field in the farm-map. I managed to take out his horse. I then unmounted to fight him, when he threw a throwing axe at me, which I dodged. I then damaged him badly, probably could've taken him out with one last hit, when he kicked me right into the path of MY panicked courser. No-one could stop laughing at this point.

sadnhappy said:
You'd know Sad, seen as though you reloaded you xbow yesterday just in time for my bolt to go over you and hit Titan in the face.  :lol:

A few days back, I was in 22nd's 100-player server, it was Nords vs Nords and incredibly fun. Cavalry was banned, so there were only 2 shieldwalls staring at eachother across the open plains. After a few rounds of fighting in formation, I stepped forward and challenged Lezard, on the other team, to a duel. I walked into the no man's land between the shield walls, put my shield away and greeted (blocked up). I stood there for about 10 seconds (could be a horrible misestimation) without response, and then caught an arrow between the eyes in a rather cartoonesque way. I was laughing quite badly after that, it just looked so incredibly pathetic :lol:.

Lerxst said:
Two days ago I start a "Battle" map on my horse and run around slashing people up.  I cause some damage but never actually kill anyone and suddenly I get piked.  Horse goes down and I'm eating dirt with almost no health.

I get back up, fend of 3 separate attacks and start feeling pretty good about myself when.... a stray horse bumps into me.  I die.  Coursar gets credit for the kill as displayed in the window.  The worst part was, the horse now had a higher score than I did :oops:

I should have taken a screenshot but I was too shocked and laughing too hard to remember.

So, anyone else suffer complete humiliation like this?  Let's hear it; we're not all perfect!

No you! Shusch! Don't remind me! It have happend me three times, a steppe horse, a saddle horse and of course a courser. Shusch!

Lerxst said:
Two days ago I start a "Battle" map on my horse and run around slashing people up.  I cause some damage but never actually kill anyone and suddenly I get piked.  Horse goes down and I'm eating dirt with almost no health.

I get back up, fend of 3 separate attacks and start feeling pretty good about myself when.... a stray horse bumps into me.  I die.  Coursar gets credit for the kill as displayed in the window.  The worst part was, the horse now had a higher score than I did :oops:

I should have taken a screenshot but I was too shocked and laughing too hard to remember.

So, anyone else suffer complete humiliation like this?  Let's hear it; we're not all perfect!

I suffer humilation like this pretty much every day I play

That happened to me once to end the round when it was only me and another guy on the other team left (we were fighting at the time).

Ok, I can add another that's happened countless times.

I start feeling pretty good about myself, get a couple kills in a row and run up to someone holding a big ass 2-handed weapon.  I misjudge the distance, don't even get to block and die in less than a second.  So I essentially commit suicide against a sword blade.

Oh... and being the last person left on a Battle game and dying to a kick in the face does wonders for one's ego too :roll:

I once was fighting as the last player of my team against the last player of the other team. It was a fight on a roof and before the ''duel'' was getting started, he kicked me off the damn thing.

I did something embarrassing yesterday. On a CTF game, Field by River map, a fellow Swadian had picked up the Rhodok flag, and was about to get on his courser. I was a horseman, and tried to lance the Rhodok infantry who were attacking my flag carrying friend, but I somehow missed and killed the courser! He then went for a nearby saddle horse, but I tried again to lance a Rhodok...and killed the saddle horse. He must have been suspicious about me.

Not an embarrassment on my behalf but on a game of multiplayer siege some guy came running at me spamming his weapon, so I blocked and kicked him and he died, didnt realise kick actually did damage, I lol'd.

Last night I was playing a dismounted horse archer in the Nord Town, close to this higher spawn point. I shot a Swadian xbowman and I saw an infantryman approaching me. I shot the last arrow at him and turned around to run. But suddenly I couldn't move! And got slashed. I looked down on my keyboard and realized that I put my fingers on ESDF instead of WASD :smile:

I spent several minutes wondering what the hell was happening, controlling several bots on a large map. When my archers started running towards the enemy screaming at the top of their lungs, I got really freaked out. Then my infantry took 10 paces backwards, spreadout and generally screwed around. Only later did I realize my mistake........1 for INFANTRY, 2 FOR ARCHERS. And not the other way around...

Thel said:
I spent several minutes wondering what the hell was happening, controlling several bots on a large map. When my archers started running towards the enemy screaming at the top of their lungs, I got really freaked out. Then my infantry took 10 paces backwards, spreadout and generally screwed around. Only later did I realize my mistake........1 for INFANTRY, 2 FOR ARCHERS. And not the other way around...
That's one of these moments where I start yelling at my computer as if it's all his fault :razz:.

Back
Top Bottom