Embarrassment

Users who are viewing this thread

Lerxst

Regular
Two days ago I start a "Battle" map on my horse and run around slashing people up.  I cause some damage but never actually kill anyone and suddenly I get piked.  Horse goes down and I'm eating dirt with almost no health.

I get back up, fend of 3 separate attacks and start feeling pretty good about myself when.... a stray horse bumps into me.  I die.  Coursar gets credit for the kill as displayed in the window.  The worst part was, the horse now had a higher score than I did :oops:

I should have taken a screenshot but I was too shocked and laughing too hard to remember.

So, anyone else suffer complete humiliation like this?  Let's hear it; we're not all perfect!

I was killed by an AI crossbowman point blank. I didn't actually think he would fire in time but no no he did.

I was just finished working all morning and was really tired... so tired that i forgot how to block.
This guy runs at me with his great sword raised over his head, and I'm all like "ok, I'm blocking this and then counterattack... wait... how do I block?!"
It was just a moment but enough to get me killed while standing perfectly still, like I was afk. :grin:

Lerxst said:
a stray horse bumps into me.  I die.  Coursar gets credit for the kill as displayed in the window.  The worst part was, the horse now had a higher score than I did :oops:
Welcome to the club, buddy. And I had far worse deaths, like jumping to my death while rushing to defend flag on Castle 1...

I was in a Battle mode game, and I was using the cavalry troop and I go in against another cavalry player and take down his horse with my lance. I thought the honorable thing to do was get off my horse and fight him man to man, so I move closer to him and then pow, he dodges right past me and runs up and steals my horse and rides away leaving me stranded miles from the battle. I must say I had to laugh my ass off.  :grin:

Battle mode, only few players on port assault.
We had almost won, only one or two enemies were left. We had 5 men or so, most of us chasing after one of them. I was the first to reach and fight him, but when the others came, I stepped back and put away my weapon. He managed to kill one of them, another one of them, and when I was the last one remaining against him, I raised my weapon to indicate I wanted to finish the duel we had started before my teammates interrupted us - and he threw a javelin right in my face :sad:

I really shouldn't do such things when the round depends on it.

Spec said:
Battle mode, only few players on port assault.
We had almost won, only one or two enemies were left. We had 5 men or so, most of us chasing after one of them. I was the first to reach and fight him, but when the others came, I stepped back and put away my weapon. He managed to kill one of them, another one of them, and when I was the last one remaining against him, I raised my weapon to indicate I wanted to finish the duel we had started before my teammates interrupted us - and he threw a javelin right in my face :sad:

I really shouldn't do such things when the round depends on it.

If we will ever meet on the battlefield know that I am stupid enough to accept a duel in the middle of a battle.  :lol:

Often times I choose the worst ways to fight cavalry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ionMVf-ME7Q
(and sometimes it pays off)

Mabons said:
I was killed by an AI crossbowman point blank. I didn't actually think he would fire in time but no no he did.

I've made this mistake against other players more than once.

killkhan said:
I suffer humiliation on a daily basis in multiplayer. I still have fun though and I'm improving all the time.
That's the spirit! If only all newbies were like you... I also get regularly humiliated, especially on duel servers (accidents happen, you do not pay attention, you are too slow, you meet TheNarrator...), but I persist to get humiliated another day :smile:

I was once the last player on a battler server vs 3 others. I was mounted, the other team had 2 archers and a cavalryman left. I managed to kill both archers, but then my horse went down in a lance exchange since it was badly damaged by arrows. The next minute or so the other lancer kept weaving in and out of lance range, neither landing a hit, people must have started to get frustrated. I was offering a duel since it was taking so long but the horseman refused, I was finally able to take his horse down while he charged at full gallop, we went face first into the ground as usual in the forward slide. I’m not sure if you guys have seen this but there is sometimes a bug/glitch where a rider is unhorsed and goes sliding, which causes their final location after sliding to get screwed up and they get teleported to somewhere else on the ground, completely different from where their slide should have ended. Well I took the horse down, and took out my sabre and moved in for the kill, only at the end of his slide he was teleported directly behind me and finished me with one slash. Everyone on the server was laughing at the beginning of next round xD

Not so much an embarrassment story, but I was duelling another player, and suddenly I glitchedo out and started randomly teleporting all over the battlefield. My opponent was just confused.

Warger said:
Not so much an embarrassment story, but I was duelling another player, and suddenly I glitchedo out and started randomly teleporting all over the battlefield. My opponent was just confused.

He's a Witch Burn him!  :lol:

once i was in a line of soldiers (multiplayer) and the enemy was coming at us so were like get ready and so i had my war cleaver above my head and i let it go just for fun and an ally decided lets run in front of me lol Scouten Teamkilled funny thing was that since i was at the front of the line everyone around me turned to me and started jabbing me with pikes lol even though the enemy was like 5 feet away.

lets just say the swadian carvery cut through the ranks with ease :razz:

All my history in MnB MP is one big embarrassment. Though I don't really care, just have a crapload of fun, that's all.

I suppose my biggest humiliation was when I was rammed to death by a stray saddle horse. Ah, good ol' days.

I've had a lot of embarrasing moments when I'm fighting an opponent on a castle wall, then I fall off and die. It has happened more times than I care to remember.

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
All my history in MnB MP is one big embarrassment. Though I don't really care, just have a crapload of fun, that's all.

I suppose my biggest humiliation was when I was rammed to death by a stray saddle horse. Ah, good ol' days.
:lol: In all my time of playing this I've been killed twice by stray horses, god it's so funny.

Anyway from yesterday, not an embarrasment to me but to my enemy: I was being chased by about 5 horsemen, when I got dehorsed, while four of them were turning around one rode past me and dehorsed, I made it look like I was going to fight him but I turned around and stole his horse  :lol: Then to insult him even more, I turned around and killed him, he was going mad  :razz:

Once in Beta, we were playing MM in a server of around 20 people, on a fort map. I was a rifleman. I decided to flank the enemy so after a few kills I spent around two minutes trying jump off the fort battlements and when I got to the ground my entire team was dead and I had lost a lot of HP due to fall damage. I then surrendered, but when I prepared for a firing squad type execution, as dictated by the MM rules, I just got shot and I felt embarrassed that I didn't kill any more people because when I prepared to respawn I realised I couldn't spawn because I didn't have enough cash for any other people.

Oh and once in Invasion I also got run over by a horse because I wasn't looking behind me and was far too busy lobbing potatoes and rocks.

Gristle said:
Often times I choose the worst ways to fight cavalry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ionMVf-ME7Q
(and sometimes it pays off)

Mabons said:

I've made this mistake against other players more than once.

Hahah, that video gave a good laugh.

Back
Top Bottom