Embarrassment

Users who are viewing this thread

I usually wear light armor so I can outrun people... well I was beating the crap outta this nord guy as a sarrinid,  and decide that I would run back and then turn around and finish him off.. well as soon as I walked 10 paces and turned around,  at that instant a hatchet stuck in my forhead and I died.  Was really embaressing.

One of 2 people left on my team vs 1 on the other.  I accidentally shot my teammate and then died to an ax in the skull.  One of the epic FAIL moments if I do say so :sad:  Nobody took it too hard, I just got bashed to dust at the start of the next round :smile:

I had another bad moment (or two) yesterday. I was on a TDM server, fighting on some custom maps, having a good time. After a while I started being cavalry, but I got into the bad habit of being influenced by my high mobility; trying to intervene in every nearby fight. There was an enemy cavalryman fighting with at least two of my foot allies plus maybe one or two enemy foot. I tried to slash the cavalryman while one of my foot allies was between us, but misjudged the height of my swing (3rd person) and tked. Unfortunately, I got a bit slack on the next map, and interfered and ended up tking again. I promptly apologised to my victim (think his name was silver something) and quit before I slaughtered all my allies :wink:

Village. Straw-roof by the side ladder. Player is stuck there, asks for help. Trying to kick him out of there, ending up being stuck myself. Waiting 5 minutes for the round to end. Taking a note never to help anyone again.

While I was leader of ZHG, in the last clan match ive played while in ZHG, I tked 4 of my teammates in the first round, and several in the next rounds... now that was embarrasing. I blamed the PC thou... today I rarely TK.

I've been killed by a stray saddle horse before  :evil:
Other times i've been embarrased is when i leap at archers who are aiming at me if a dont have a shield on me, hoping to kill them with a leaping attack, and they just kill me in midair and let my body slooowwwlly slide down whatever slope they happen to be standing on.
Also, the times where i wait for people to come to me and they just kill me instantly without any fight or throw an axe into my face as a way of greeting  :sad:

While playing on one of them 22ND sieges I was standing on the gatetower I had just finished of the deffenders there and wanted to jump down on the wall to ninja an opponent when suddenly a friend stood infront of me and I got pushed away in the jump actually jumping off the wall straight into the barricades.

It was pretty painful to watch yet funny.

22nd MM mod, was about 3 weeks before, i had surrendered in mid of battle due to like 1/20 HP left. then while firing squad is forming up i was selecting my equip for the next round, as my CAT jumps on my mouse and im now randomly klicking ((Dont ask why)). So then i managed it to klick on SPECTATOR right in the moment when they tried to execute me...i fall to ground suicided and it was SO close to the fire command that they fired like 1/4 sec after that

Way back in beta, Nords vs. Swadia on Ruins.I had just killed 6 people (being the last alive on my team). There was only one enemy left, just outside the village spawn. I ran across the field and hit him twice, then a courser hit me out of nowhere and I died.

killkhan said:
I suffer humiliation on a daily basis in multiplayer. I still have fun though and I'm improving all the time.
I'm the same.  I think there's a few of us around. :smile:

Those horses are lethal.  I think I've been taken out a few times by them as well.  I even got killed in one battle by another player because I was too busy trying to kill a horse so it wouldn't run me over while I wasn't looking. :smile:

One of the greatest things I seen in warband in terms of embarassment was on Ruined fort. I was spectating and from our team only CoR_Watermelons was alive. There were 3 guys left on the other. So Melons (he had no armor) went to the tower, followed by two guys. He jumps and they jump after him. Well... he survives the fall, the other two fall to their death. On TS we had the biggest laugh ever.

It was me and last enemy on a battle map. Me, being the cocky guy I am, initiated a duel after dismounting. I run up and get chopped by an overhead, dying in one hit. It sucked.

Arcas Nebun said:
One of the greatest things I seen in warband in terms of embarassment was on Ruined fort. I was spectating and from our team only CoR_Watermelons was alive. There were 3 guys left on the other. So Melons (he had no armor) went to the tower, followed by two guys. He jumps and they jump after him. Well... he survives the fall, the other two fall to their death. On TS we had the biggest laugh ever.

I think I remember that,  I was one of the people who jumped after him  :oops:

Barely started the game, finished the Merchant's starting quests. Had about 4 recruits in my party, ambushed by Huscarl deserters. Attack them, bt one threw a javelin right to my head, and the rest is history :evil:

64 player siege server, start of a round and about 30 attackers (including me). Literally 5 seconds after spawning as we all just start to rush for the siege tower, the guy right next to me gets an arrow in the head. He had high tier armour and weapons too which would have been a pain to lose. What's more he literally ran into the arrow and to top it off, he was the only guy to die in the rush to the tower.

For me it was hilarious.  :lol:

I was leading the charge of Vaegir knights for the hundreth time against a typical gang of steppe bandits and in the crash got cold-cocked by one of them and knocked completely out, and that was with full-plate armor and a reinforced great helmet. He might have enjoyed his victory for a second or two...

Back
Top Bottom