Ehh refunded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the 470+ other negative reviews having the exact same issues are full of it as well? The frame rate is great, the damn thing just hiccup-lags every few seconds.

As for the controls... directional blocking only and no inverse mouse movement? (The only option I ever used.) The controls are basically a less responsive Mordhau at this point, and I refunded that one as well.

Those hiccup-lag spikes might be related to the memory issue I read a bunch people post about? Apparently on some machines the game gobbles up a lot of RAM/high CPU usage. I wouldn't like that much either tbh.

Actually we've known for a while that talesworld had 100 Employees team working on the game, that AAA territory if you ask me, so sorry to bring it to you but 8 years of development considering they already had experience with M&B, Warband, Fire&sword, Napoleonic wars, Vikings...its safe to say that the people at talesworld are incompetent, im sorry but they are for delivering a product like this by considering what i said above.
The game has good critics right now just because it had so much hype around it that most people playing it now are first timers and are blown away by the core of the game, wish most of us people that have been here since 2008 know that nothing has changed for the past 12 years its the same game with updated graphics, same flaws, and in some cases missing content (ships, hello talesworld, do you remember making a viking expansion? hello?)
I just hope that this year is ganna be more than fixing crashes and more about adding new content or i'ma forget about this game for 2 or 3 years till modders start making interesting stuff, that has always been the best part about M&B, ive 5000h+ in that game and more than 4000 are on mods so...

AAA games can reach hundreds of employees, often involving different locations around the world.

And the point still stands - development time means nothing. Early Access explicitly warned you about the issues no matter how long it has been in development or the price you paid.

Star Citizen and Bannerlord actually have more or less the same issue: lead developers who are a lot more controlling and micromanagey than normal, a lot of redesigns of the entire system, and they were developed at a time (2012-2016) when graphical techniques were advancing rapidly and a lot of work had to be scrapped if they wanted it to be future-proof.

Most of the time taken by bannerlord seems to have been the complete redesign of the game that happened around 2015 or so. A lot of assets were scrapped and the entire focus of the game seems to have shifted. Some of the early screenshots are unrecognisable. Star Citizen had a similar problem at around the same time, interestingly enough.

Yea the bigger the team it tends to complicate the project more. Film making and games have a lot of parallels. As the budget increases, the time frame expands.

I actually wished Taleworlds did not add so many new features. I think they are burdened by their own ambitions.

I've got a low-mid tier PC At best. Other than the occasional long loading screen I have no issues. My PC Cost a total of 500$ 4 years ago. Am not a tech kid, so couldn't tell you the fancy under the hood specs, but I imagine at that price point and age you get the picture.

The controls are literally the same as the original, and if that's not good enough, you can go into the controls and change them.

Sounds like someone is either really stupid, or just looking to complain.

I've got a low-mid tier PC At best. Other than the occasional long loading screen I have no issues. My PC Cost a total of 500$ 4 years ago. Am not a tech kid, so couldn't tell you the fancy under the hood specs, but I imagine at that price point and age you get the picture.

The controls are literally the same as the original, and if that's not good enough, you can go into the controls and change them.

Sounds like someone is either really stupid, or just looking to complain.

Tell you want take that PC of yours into a siege between armies and tell me just how well it runs.

Also if you can't tell the difference between the controls (I mean you are bright enough to open the options menu right?) then you probably don't have a worthwhile opinion do to can utter lack of basic observative skills.

I have concerns about the business model in general, because naturally after a successful early access launch a development team loses their financial incentive to finish a game, at least in the short-term. Of course that doesn't actually mean Taleworlds won't finish Bannerlord. I'm much more concerned that they seemed to think the game was ready to be sold to the public in its current state.

I don’t have concerns about that. There is incentive to keep up development due to the endless possibility of dlc content that can be achieved. There will also be more player power due to mods once they get their hands on mod tools.

Tell you want take that PC of yours into a siege between armies and tell me just how well it runs.

Also if you can't tell the difference between the controls (I mean you are bright enough to open the options menu right?) then you probably don't have a worthwhile opinion do to can utter lack of basic observative skills.

Evidently you are aware of the options menu, but can't seem to change controls to something that fit better yourself. I guess you just can't figure out how to rebind keys? Other than a couple random keys here and there, it's a clone of warband. So as many others have stated what's the issue.

I've been in Battles and sieges with 750 People. I don't bother to run it at something my rig can't handle, but considering that 500 is the base setting, that's perfectly fine.

So we've established that you can't speak in proper sentences, Can't define why the "Controls" are bad, and that you are running the game on higher settings than your PC can handle.

So yeah. You just want to complain. As is evident by the numerous posts and comments in various threads.

But you do you boo.

Evidently you are aware of the options menu, but can't seem to change controls to something that fit better yourself. I guess you just can't figure out how to rebind keys? Other than a couple random keys here and there, it's a clone of warband. So as many others have stated what's the issue.

I've been in Battles and sieges with 750 People. I don't bother to run it at something my rig can't handle, but considering that 500 is the base setting, that's perfectly fine.

So we've established that you can't speak in proper sentences, Can't define why the "Controls" are bad, and that you are running the game on higher settings than your PC can handle.

So yeah. You just want to complain. As is evident by the numerous posts and comments in various threads.

But you do you boo.

He doesn't need to elaborate on why the controls are bad, **** just doesn't work properly and it's already been explained to the developers loads of times. Combat is bad, it's clunky and sluggish, what made warband a fluid experience and truly skillful is missing in Bannerlord

Honestly, are you people that use this stupid argument not familiar AT ALL with the concept of early access? Take a look at Kerbal Space Program for example. When it was EA, it was sold for 15-20 euros, now that it released it's 40. Same story with ARK, same story with Space Engineers, same story with Rust, same story with DayZ. How the **** can you justify asking for full price on an EA title. That's not how it works, you can't just release an EA title with full price because "oh, it might get good someday". You don't pay for some arcane promise that the dev won't **** off with the money, you pay for the product in its current state.
Simple answer, i dont care what diffrent games cost, fakt is, taleworlds said, not to buy it, when you expect a fully developed game. The price doesnt really matter there. It everyones own descision if you pay the price or just wait till its fully finished and then get it.
But all this ranting about how badly the game is and poorly balanced. Well thats why the game is in early acess. So if you dont want an unfinished game then wait. Nobody is forcing you guys to get it and nobody said that the game is perfect yet.

There is incentive to keep up development due to the endless possibility of dlc content that can be achieved.
This is a sad reflection on video games in 2020. Remember when developers didn't need to rely on massively overcharging for tiny pieces of additional content to make money from their games? It's also besides the point. It would be extraordinarily anti-consumer of TaleWorlds to start selling DLC before the game is finished. We have given them money partly on the basis of a promise that they will finish the game in roughly a year's time, as they've said they hope to do. Their task is to move the game out of early access and to a final release. Can you imagine the uproar if they started developing and selling DLC instead of finishing the game?

There will also be more player power due to mods once they get their hands on mod tools.
"Mods will fix it." Why don't you want to hold the developers to account? We might get a better game if more people were willing to be rational critics rather than unthinking fanboys.

They shouldn't have released it in this state. The EA argument is embarrassing.
Here's a list of games that had amazing early access runs/launched in EA in a way less embarrassing state than this.

Superhot
Hades
Risk of Rain 2
Divinity: Original Sin 1&2
Blackwake
AudioSurf 2
Darkest Dungeon
Dead Cells (ish)
PUBG
Slay the Spire

And out of all of those, only two of those games were more than $40, and none of them took 8 years to develop.

I get it, you're fans of the game. I'm a fan too - I really can't wait for this game to in a good place - but the reality is that they should have just pulled a Last Oasis. What's going on is literally nothing shy of a short-sighted cash grab.

no1 forced you to buy, why didnt you wait? ah its better to be crying pleb...

And DOS2 had only fort joy for a whole duration of EA not full game and mostly for months without a patch. Ah and risk of rain, mess of a multiplayer, no regional matchmaking, p2p, get in match with dude from china who hosts and then leaves and every dcs, thats really nice.
Scope of dead cells cant even compare to bannerlord...

And thats EA, playing the game ahead of its proper time, its meant for people who want to support devs through process and help with bugs not for crying plebs who expected full release branded as EA.

But you do you boo.

Please in your infinite wisdom enlighten me as to how I can toggle an option to remove directional blocking, change the attack direction to cursor relative, or to change hitboxes in a way where one handed weapons from mounts can reliable make contact with ground forces without staring straight at the ground while being unable to steer my mount away from trees.

Also while you're at it let me know how I can get rid of the awkward delays between inputting commands and them actually happening. The combat feels unresponsive as hell compared to the original Mount & Blade or Warband and is missing many options.

OP is trolling us he didn’t refund it.

Oh no I refunded it alright. My plan was to wait until the game was in a better state, or the price dropped. However after looking at the forums I realized someone had to step up and point out it's flaws or the brownosers were going to ruin the franchise for good. So I dropped the $40 again and got back to testing, and Jesus Christ is it a painful mess of wrongness. Hell I don't even feel like starting up a new campaign until at least the snowballing issues is fixed. My first run ended in Vlandia just steamrolling the map.

There is absolutely no way they playtested this game, and releasing it after 8 years even into EA and calling it version 1.0.0 is a damn joke. This is more like a 0.0.15 alpha. Outside of the better graphics nearly every working system is a subpar imitation of Warband copy-pasta code style, and nearly every new system is fundamentally broken.

Last edited:
Please in your infinite wisdom enlighten me as to how I can toggle an option to remove directional blocking, change the attack direction to cursor relative, or to change hitboxes in a way where one handed weapons from mounts can reliable make contact with ground forces without staring straight at the ground while being unable to steer my mount away from trees.

Also while you're at it let me know how I can get rid of the awkward delays between inputting commands and them actually happening. The combat feels unresponsive as hell compared to the original Mount & Blade or Warband and is missing many options.
By giving constructive criticism to TW and let them fix it in a few months time.
I do think everything needs some finetuning...

^ constructive criticism is not part of his mastery skills I guess. He keep saying the same all the time.

This is simple, If you don't like it and you wont spend time testing and reporting bugs, stop and move on. Find another game and wait until you think the game worth your money and your time. EA means you will find bugs, exploits, unfinished game... but seems like you did not understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom