Ehh refunded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was "signing up" for a game with a $50 price tag assigned to it that was supposed to be an improvement on Warband. What I got was a buggy mess with bad controls, horrible lag issues, and that special kind of "made for consoles" feel that plagues most newer games. I might pick it up again in a few years if it ever hits $10 or so and has most of it's issues fixed.
No that’s not what you signed up for. Taleworlds were clear when informing us that EA would have bugs, have problems etc.
I see nothing wrong with the price tag, especially with the 20% discount they gave most people.

I appreciate you have your right to be disappointed, but you can’t say the issues you’ve come across are a surprise. And creating a thread just to say you’ve refunded it doesn’t solve anything.
Why not give detailed feedback instead, which TWs can use to improve the game?

No that’s not what you signed up for. Taleworlds were clear when informing us that EA would have bugs, have problems etc.
I see nothing wrong with the price tag, especially with the 20% discount they gave most people.

I appreciate you have your right to be disappointed, but you can’t say the issues you’ve come across are a surprise. And creating a thread just to say you’ve refunded it doesn’t solve anything.
Why not give detailed feedback instead, which TWs can use to improve the game?

Actually creating this thread did exactly what I wanted it to. Get a lot of attention. That's why it's at 17 pages. :smile: A catchy title that opens debate is generally the easiest way to do that.

All I asked was what the difference is between a full release and early access, because excluding player expectations, there isn't one. It's ridiculous for people to brush off all the issues with the game as "it's early access and the developers said so", assuming all these issues will somehow get fixed just because of this abstract label.

"Early Access" is a PR term, nothing else. It's a way of managing expectations prior to a release.

Think of it this way: if Taleworlds hadn't said that this was an early access release, what would be the difference? Would they work on patches faster? Slower? Would there be more features? Fewer?

The only reason why some people are holding off from criticising the game is because the "early access" label has succeeded in making people assume the "real game" is some time off in the future. But there is no difference between this and a game which releases and gets patched later, and it's by that metric that I'm criticising the game.

What Taleworlds has done is the equivalent of an artist meekly telling you that their painting isn't very good and they didn't spend very long on it. But frankly I don't care what the artist has to say if I'm expected to pay as if it is a released game, with all the pomp and ceremony of a full release.

/Thread

This is the reality of it. Nothing further really needs to be said.

They shouldn't have released it in this state. The EA argument is embarrassing.
Here's a list of games that had amazing early access runs/launched in EA in a way less embarrassing state than this.

Superhot
Hades
Risk of Rain 2
Divinity: Original Sin 1&2
Blackwake
AudioSurf 2
Darkest Dungeon
Dead Cells (ish)
PUBG
Slay the Spire

And out of all of those, only two of those games were more than $40, and none of them took 8 years to develop.

I get it, you're fans of the game. I'm a fan too - I really can't wait for this game to in a good place - but the reality is that they should have just pulled a Last Oasis. What's going on is literally nothing shy of a short-sighted cash grab.
I can't say about those but the only games I played since 1.0 are Kingdom Come Deliverance and Elder Scrolls online and both were full priced and tagged as supposedly full version not EA, and I have to say Bannerlord release in comparison was better and above my expectations. KCD on day 1, heck on week 1 or even during the entire first month was outright unplayable and broken. ESO core gameplay system was outright wrong. I only finished KCD a year later while I never bothered with ESO after couple of days (heard it is better now). With this experience I thought Bannerlord would be the same. I intended to download it the first day just to check it out ,see the map and walk around a bit and actually play for longer period once more updates come out but instead I played it non stop for entire first week.

Been here for a hell of a long time lurking. Got to say I've never been this disappointed in a game. Terrible performance. Terrible controls.
It feels like Warband got dumbed down for console players.

This Thread aged Well. 88% positive Reviews and 100'000 daily players 4 Weeks after release.

Go let him refound lol. (and explain him the meaning of EA)

I can't say about those but the only games I played since 1.0 are Kingdom Come Deliverance and Elder Scrolls online and both were full priced and tagged as supposedly full version not EA, and I have to say Bannerlord release in comparison was better and above my expectations. KCD on day 1, heck on week 1 or even during the entire first month was outright unplayable and broken. ESO core gameplay system was outright wrong. I only finished KCD a year later while I never bothered with ESO after couple of days (heard it is better now). With this experience I thought Bannerlord would be the same. I intended to download it the first day just to check it out ,see the map and walk around a bit and actually play for longer period once more updates come out but instead I played it non stop for entire first week.

Dont't bother with ESO. If you didn't like it before, I doubt you like it now.
It feels nothing like an Elder Scrolls game, which is fine. But to me the whole game design is repetitive and a grind fest.

This Thread aged Well. 88% positive Reviews and 100'000 daily players 4 Weeks after release.

Go let him refound lol. (and explain him the meaning of EA)

Hell 4 weeks later some of those people are just finally getting to play it. :razz:
Also there are hentai games made with RPGMaker on Steam at 90% soooooooo

It just doesn't have lasting appeal to me like M&B and Warband did.
Ended up putting about 80 hours into it, might check back in a few months. I really don't care for the setting either and TBH I hate relying on mods as a crutch. The combat is inferior to Warband and the skill system is an Elder Scrolls knock off. If the combat was better it might be ok.

Hell 4 weeks later some of those people are just finally getting to play it. :razz:
Also there are hentai games made with RPGMaker on Steam at 90% soooooooo

It just doesn't have lasting appeal to me like M&B and Warband did.
Ended up putting about 80 hours into it, might check back in a few months. I really don't care for the setting either and TBH I hate relying on mods as a crutch.

If you put 80 hours in it I would say you already got your money's worth. These days it is rare for me to find a game I want to play for more than 10 hours :smile:

If you put 80 hours in it I would say you already got your money's worth. These days it is rare for me to find a game I want to play for more than 10 hours :smile:

I don't consider a game worth it unless I feel like sinking at least a few hundred hours into it myself. Considering 90% of that time was just running around trading, fast forwarding time in a town to level smithing, or hitting auto resolve on looters.... it's more like 8 "real" hours.

Actually creating this thread did exactly what I wanted it to. Get a lot of attention. That's why it's at 17 pages. :smile: A catchy title that opens debate is generally the easiest way to do that.

Let's call it quits at 17 then seeing as you got all that delicious attention that you desperately craved. :wink:

And I'm sorry the game wasn't for you. Hopefully, you will give it another try later down the line sometime after the full-release maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom