Ehh refunded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand OP's anger but at the same time the game was announced to be Early Access and nobody forced you to buy it . Fine , now that you saw the game is not up to your standards , you refund it and buy it later or not at all , but please stop with all that arrogance.

I agree that the price tag was high , should have been 30 dollars for Early Access at least for a few months until they sort the game , but again nobody forced me to buy it either. Instead of crying , i help finding issues and post them into ,,Massive lists of Bugs'' discussion on Steam Forum where a dev already responded they will use it as a starting point for fixes. I suggest everyone who wants to help improving the game instead of crying post their bugs in that steam discussion so we can gather all bugs in one place.

Instead of crying , i help finding issues and post them into ,,Massive lists of Bugs'' discussion on Steam Forum where a dev already responded they will use it as a starting point for fixes. I suggest everyone who wants to help improving the game instead of crying post their bugs in that steam discussion so we can gather all bugs in one place.
I'm curious as to why they didn't preemptively start a stickied thread for this purpose and are instead relying on a player-made thread. Did they really have no idea the community would be inundating them with bug reports within hours considering the game's current state? At best this is unprofessional; at worst clueless.

I'm curious as to why they didn't preemptively start a stickied thread for this purpose and are instead relying on a player-made thread. Did they really have no idea the community would be inundating them with bug reports within hours considering the game's current state? At best this is unprofessional; at worst clueless.

No comment on that one , that was a bit of a pepega move by them :roll:

I'm going to be quite honest. As a person who played the first game of this franchise when the version number was 0.751, this business model was sort of pioneered by Taleworlds. The original M&Bs budget was made entirely of fans buying serial keys to a really weird, janky beta over the course of just shy of half a decade. I would have actually preferred them to do the same here, but what's done is done.

I have concerns about the business model in general, because naturally after a successful early access launch a development team loses their financial incentive to finish a game, at least in the short-term. Of course that doesn't actually mean Taleworlds won't finish Bannerlord. I'm much more concerned that they seemed to think the game was ready to be sold to the public in its current state.

I watched some streams, decided to buy then i refunded it later.

Bannerlord feels like Warband with HD textures and a lot of missing features , can't make own faction, quests, dynasties , diplomacy, better combat AI , crafting and many others.

I know its EA, so im going to wait till developers add more features then re-consider buying the game again. Because its not worth atm.

Right now people operate via hype-machine, give it few weeks and criticism will start to appear.

I watched some streams, decided to buy then i refunded it later.

Bannerlord feels like Warband with HD textures and a lot of missing features , can't make own faction, quests, dynasties , diplomacy, better combat AI , crafting and many others.

I know its EA, so im going to wait till developers add more features then re-consider buying the game again. Because its not worth atm.

Right now people operate via hype-machine, give it few weeks and criticism will start to appear.
I´m enjoying myself immensely with what´s included despite bugs and all, but if people want to take Taleworlds advice and wait for a more complete product that´s perfectly reasonable.

All these people simping for taleworld, smh. Early Access is not a shield against all criticism. The self-righteous fanboying in this thread is equal parts useless and pathetic. Any good devs would want to know why someone wanted to refund their copy; whether you think such a decision is rational or not is irrelevant, count on the devs to be able to read between the lines as to what someones actual problems with the game is and use that knowledge to hopefully make it better.

I´m enjoying myself immensely with what´s included despite bugs and all, but if people want to take Taleworlds advice and wait for a more complete product that´s perfectly reasonable.
Same here. Except a little too many crashes. But hey : EA + second day, I'm not so surprised.

Last edited:
Guys, lets face it: Single Player is a mod of warband with graphics a bit better and an updated UI. I would have paind 10 bucks if this was a DLC. The price is ULTRAGEOUS for what it is. They use even the same SOUND EFFECTS and CAMERA MOVEMENTS. Iit IS the same game!!!

This looks like warband, plays like warband, sounds like warband... this is a 12 years old game. We have been cheated.
Wow , this is unbelievable ,this game is no different than what they have been showing us at several gamescom events, what is it that you were expecting? Seamless GTA MEDIEVAL? what is wrong with you? you sound like taleworlds deceived you when we literally begged them for early access release , if you don't like it refund and go away , some of us bought it even though we are not ready to play, just to show respect , we love the game and the team, people like you should be muted and blocked, all this hate and negative vibe is putting us veterans off

Wow , this is unbelievable ,this game is no different than what they have been showing us at several gamescom events, what is it that you were expecting? Seamless GTA MEDIEVAL? what is wrong with you? you sound like taleworlds deceived you when we literally begged them for early access release , if you don't like it refund and go away , some of us bought it even though we are not ready to play just to how respect , we love the game and team, people like you should be muted and blocked, all this hate and negative vibe is putting us veterans off
You know telling people to Refund and go away does nothing to help anyone or your poor arguments just being honest.

You know telling people to Refund and go away does nothing to help anyone or your poor arguments just being honest.
What are you here complaining about? no content? what do you think mount and blade is? I have done a preview of 5 hours and its exactly all they said it will be, can you name one missing feature they promised and wasn't included? there 150k people playing happily on steam right now, yet a few bad apples like you are here whining , for reasons like ,no content , what content did you want?

What are you here complaining about? no content? what do you think mount and blade is? I have done a preview of 5 hours and its exactly all they said it will be, can you name one missing feature they promised and wasn't included? there 150k people playing happily on steam right now, yet a few bad apples like you are here whining , for reasons like ,no content , what content did you want?
Im honestly not really whining just concerned for my fav game. I think you are in rage mode right now relax fella it will be fine. :wink: And if you do some reading you will see why others are concerned or whining as you say about the state the game is in. I have not refunded the game I plan to stick with this game.

Do I agree with all complaints no but I do see the problems yes and im not blind as well.

6 hours in, didnt found any bugs so far and the performance is surprisingly good considering I have old system (i5 4460 + R9 290). I didnt even change any visual slider just untick stuff like Motion Blur, Space Reflection and all those stuff. Tho I did find QOL they could improve on like easier access to cyclopedia and jump to town from cyclopedia page.

In it's current state it's really **** and unoptimized but I'm not gonna refund because it's gonna get better. 1 hour in I got a crash, 6 hours in I got a crash which repeated whenever I loaded a game and entered the world map. The only thing that would be unforgivable is if they cease/slow down development/cut out features if they milk us for enough money, like most dev teams usually do these days with early access titles. I'm holding for now, and hoping they don't do that.

I really doubt it man. I've never been as instantly disappointed with a game in my life. The controls are just unplayable. Also even on a rather new machine the hiccups are constant and annoying. i9 with a gtx 2080 ect.
heey a twitch streamer aswell had problems with his rtx 2080 but with even more games and escpailly with streaming I think it's the chraphics cards that's causing the bugs also early acces sad to see u go but u will be back in year or two without bugs i think and otherwise good for u that u got a refund :smile:

Basically - OP thought "This game didn't live up to my expectations. I know, I'll share that with everyone, because I feel disapointment, and I want to propagate my negative emotion because I don't know how to proccess it myself".

This is a good game. Sorry you didn't like it.

Objective feedback is useful. But saying 'terrible controls' without at least trying to explain why is a waste of time.

Basically - OP thought "This game didn't live up to my expectations. I know, I'll share that with everyone, because I feel disapointment, and I want to propagate my negative emotion because I don't know how to proccess it myself".

This is a good game. Sorry you didn't like it.

Objective feedback is useful. But saying 'terrible controls' without at least trying to explain why is a waste of time.
Actually to answer the terrible controls thing I was unable to set inverse mouse movement as an option. I later found out that was just a bug. That said no autoblock alone is more than a deal breaker for me. That said I'm perfectly content with just playing Warband. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom