Resolved [e1.0.9] Surrendering Looters (and maybe other Bandits) cause their prisoners to disappear upon surrender

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
Hello,
I was excited about the new feature in e1.0.9
Conversations & Encounters
Bandits will now surrender more easily if their opponent is vastly stronger than them.
Unfortunately this feature seems to have created a bug in of itself where if bandits surrender then any prisoners they have will disappear. I'm making an assumption this applies to all bandits but I only tested this on looters, and I don't recall having this issue previously. Furthermore with the current dialogue options there's no way to FORCE combat. If you say they need to die for their crimes they will surrender anyway, leaving no workaround for this bug.

How to Reproduce:
1.) On the overworld map with a party with a lot more troops find a smaller band of looters (or possibly other bandits too, didn't test) that has prisoners and catch them on the map.
2.) Dialogue will pop up (if chance is triggered by your overwhelming number of troops) where they offer to join up.
3.) Choose one of the first three dialogue options (don't choose the one that lets them go on their way).
4.) Any of these options will result in either them joining you as troops or surrendering.
5.) At the recruitment/prisoner screen you will see the looters (or possibly bandits) in question but the prisoners they held will be missing. That's the bug.

Media:
Here's the spotted looters with prisoners:
e407d3cfa5.jpg

And here's the screen after the dialogue options (in this case I chose to recruit them):
28ed44cced.jpg

No prisoners to be found. Same result of the 12 prisoners missing if I take them prisoner instead of recruiting them (except they'll show up in the prisoners area).

Version: e1.0.9

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Motherboard: Intel Z87
Storage: an old experimental WD SSD/HHD hybrid drive (at least that's what the game runs on).

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom