Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

one thing your tool dont have and is relly usefull is somthing like : delete unselected or crop unselected

i imported last day 500 materials and 500 textures and i only need about 6 from each ...took me about 20 mins to remove the unnecesary matrials and textures from the brf

Don't know if you fixed this, but the version of OpenBRF from late January 2010 I have imports skeletal animations with the wrong rotation (rotated 90 degrees). The older version of OpenBRF from August 2009 didn't have that problem.

help me please, when i try to import collision meshes, the Openbrf stops working. the collision mesh is the same as my object mesh. it s not high poly either; 686 triangulated polygons.

You should clean up the geometry, likely you have some sort of non-manifold geometry.

Haven't seen anything addressing this yet so I'll throw it out there. If I try to import a .ma file with just a mesh (same name as the file) and a skeleton (not the same name as the file) it returns an error saying, "No Mesh Found". I've been trying different layering techniques and renaming nodes, but so far I don't seem to be finding any working combinations...

Anyone know what, specifically, it's looking for in a file in order to find the mesh?

Hi! I'm trying to import a .smd rigged mesh generated by the Blender smd  exporting script I found on the forum.

When I try to import the smd I have this error:

Assertion failed!
Program: C:\BLENDER\Open BRF\openBrf.exe
file: ioSMD.ccp
line 124
Expression: nread==9 || nread== 9+1+nr*2

PLEASE HELP ME! I can use only blender to make 3d jobs and I need to do some armor modeling for my team!

PS
@mtarini: Sono italiano, se puoi, rispondimi in italiano!

mtarini

Hi.

I have a problem with horse skeleton importing :sad:. I have export old skel_horse and add 3 bones to it. But OpenBRF took  only first 28 bones, when i imported it.

Pleas Help  :!: :!: :!: 

kurunt said:
Hi! I'm trying to import a .smd rigged mesh generated by the Blender smd  exporting script I found on the forum.

When I try to import the smd I have this error:

Assertion failed!
Program: C:\BLENDER\Open BRF\openBrf.exe
file: ioSMD.ccp
line 124
Expression: nread==9 || nread== 9+1+nr*2

PLEASE HELP ME! I can use only blender to make 3d jobs and I need to do some armor modeling for my team!

PS
@mtarini: Sono italiano, se puoi, rispondimi in italiano!

i had that too with 3ds max, make sure the bones in your model are numbers, if its text like L_shoulder then import a different skeleton.

edt; no that doesnt work:sad:

OpenBRF Rigging Importing Problem

Currently I'm trying to rigging a rancor for SWC and seems impossible because OpenBRF crashes constantly (not always: 3/4 times) on importing a rigged mesh.  :???:
It shows me that error and makes a CTD (Crash to Desktop)

obrf_problem.jpg

My Software Specifications

OpenBRF from March 2010
3dsMax 2010
Wunderboy SMD import / export plugin 1.0 and 1.5 respectively...

Edit: Found a temporary solution:
OK, it worked with BRFEdit (that has a better SMD importing algorithm) so I used it to import to the BRF and later I can open it with OpenBRF... not a perfect solution but works...

I'm trying to make a map flag icon which uses a vertex animation of 10 frames. I have the first one finished but I need to make the other 20 flags for a set each with different UV coordinates. Does OpenBRF have a way to import the base frame of an animation and have it change the UV coordinates for all the frames in a stack? Brfedit had a way to do this but it keeps scrambling the vertices of the later frames when I do it.

"paste modifications"

might be what you are looking for egbert, not sure it will work with uv maps.

Thanks for the tip, it might come in handy (and for making me notice I wasn't using the newest version). Unfortunately, it doesn't paste a new uv map.

Back
Top Bottom