Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

Silver Wolf

Archduke
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Not sure if anyone asked this before,
but does your latest version of OpenBRF always automatically switch to a female version of armour mesh while you're trying to play one of the preset animations?
I simply can't get my male armour meshes to play preset animations unless I separate their frames.

Is there any way to fix this problem?
 

Maroon

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNW
Silver Wolf said:
Not sure if anyone asked this before,
but does your latest version of OpenBRF always automatically switch to a female version of armour mesh while you're trying to play one of the preset animations?
I simply can't get my male armour meshes to play preset animations unless I separate their frames.

Is there any way to fix this problem?
As far as I can tell the "Play" button is used both for vertex frames and frames of an animation. So if you try to play an animation on a skinned armor that has multiple body types (and thus vertex frames), it'll play the animation and "play" the vertex frames, moving it to the last frame there is, in your case the female version. I think all you can do for now is remove the vertex frames when you're testing it and readding it afterwards. Or keep a copy of the armor with just the normal frame for testing purposes.
 

Silver Wolf

Archduke
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Maroon said:
As far as I can tell the "Play" button is used both for vertex frames and frames of an animation. So if you try to play an animation on a skinned armor that has multiple body types (and thus vertex frames), it'll play the animation and "play" the vertex frames, moving it to the last frame there is, in your case the female version. I think all you can do for now is remove the vertex frames when you're testing it and readding it afterwards. Or keep a copy of the armor with just the normal frame for testing purposes.

Thanks for the answer!
I could have sworn that the last version didn't have this problem, though...
 
I don't know if it's just mine but it seems that I can't split armors into connected sub-meshes. I mean I can use the option and split it but it just shows one of them having a full mesh and the rest having nothing in them. In the past probably six years ago, it split a full armor into a body, arms, legs, etch. Now it just retains a full mesh and a couple of "mesh_name.0 to mesh_name.#" with nothing in them.
 

cwr

Count
M&BWB
Is there a way to quickly import all textures referenced within the materials section of a certain brf? Theres a lot of textures I need to import and it will be tedious doing it all by hand.
 

Eärendil Ardamírë

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
cwr said:
Is there a way to quickly import all textures referenced within the materials section of a certain brf? Theres a lot of textures I need to import and it will be tedious doing it all by hand.
Can't you mark them all and copy paste them then at once?
 

cwr

Count
M&BWB
Used a common prefix to do it quick, not sure if thats what you meant but it was a good workaround.
Thanks!
 

Maroon

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNW
If you mean actually moving the textures from one module to another, there is one way to do that:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Go to the "Module" menu and select "Show unreferenced texture files".
[*]Wait for OpenBRF to compute the list, then select "Move all to subfolder "_unused""
[*]Move the _unused folder somewhere else, or remove it, rename it, anything to make it go away.
[*]Delete all the texture entries in the brf that you want to copy.
[*]Double-check that the same textures are not referenced in another brf.
[*]Go to the "Module" menu and select "Show unreferenced texture files".
[*]Wait for OpenBRF to compute the list, then select "Move all to subfolder "_unused""
[/list]
All the texture files you want to grab are now neatly packed in one folder.
 

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
Some People seem to have Problems with OpenBrf.. saying You Miss some dlls... This Should fix the Most Issues on Windows 10... Other Windows Versions i cant tell... go to the Link Select English or Your Preffered Language and Download, Install, Reboot, Profit. https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=48145
I've just moved to Windows 10 on a new machine. This shortcut didn't work for me. To get OpenBRF to work as normal, I had to download and install Visual Studio 2019.
 
Top Bottom