Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

mtarini said:
amade said:
the models are renamed as "1"

Uhm... Not here. Anyway, it must be that I made it so that the mesh assumes the nambe of the object inside the obj (not of the filename). It seemed the right thing, but I'll revert to make it use the filename.

It looks like it only happens with my OBJs outputted from blender. If I import native OBJs the filename gets used instead.

mtarini said:
amade said:
[imported meshes] are also mirrored.

[Unless I'm mistaken...] It is just that the old exporter (as well as brfedit exporter) produced mirrored meshes. In fact, we saw objects mirrored in Wings3d/blender. The old importer mirrored them back. The new importer and new exporter shouldn't mirror anything. In short: before importing an OBJ produced by the prev versions or by BrfEdit, mirror it on the X inside you modelling app (say, blender). From now on, we should see the same thing in wings3d, openBRF, and in-game. Confirm?

Confirmed. Objects in-game appear oriented the same as they are in 3d modeling apps (left=left, right=right, etc).

So in other words... all meshes pre-0.0.18 in which was based on BRFedit exports orientation have to be mirrored first? I think you should mention this in the front page because most people are already used to modeling the BRFedit way. And for those who don't have modeling capabilities, maybe add a similar feature from BRFedit where you can translate, scale or mirror the mesh inside openBRF (a lot of OSP models aren't oriented properly and many non-modeling modders rely on the tool in BRFedit).

New version!  [[[Yes, I forgot to update the number, so it is still 18. Rely on the date (3 sept). No, it was fine :mrgreen:]]]

Ver 0.0.18 0.0.19: (3 sept 2009)

- added full "forward compatibility" with warband files!
- added a mirror (flip) tool for meshes and collision.
- minor fixes and improvements on stability

Stability: I managed to replicate all the bugs that you guys mentioned, (THANK YOU!) and they should be fixed now, so it should be more stable...

I reverse eng the warband files: this means that you can load them, and even save. When you save, it will use the same format that it found, by default (M&B 1.010 files saved as such, and Warband files saved as such), but you can override this choice by "Saving as..." and selecting your fav format.

Details on the warband data structures... (for the curious)
It was just a little of a mess for the meshes. Apparently, Armagan & staff added what seems to be per-vertex tangent space vectors, and a per-vertex texture index. The former unlocks the possibility to employ tangent space normal maps! But this is another issue...

I think you should mention [differences with obj orientation] in the front page because most people are already used to modeling the BRFedit way.

ok. Done!

And for those who don't have modeling capabilities, maybe add a similar feature from BRFedit where you can translate

ok. Added a "mirror" option for now. Works with meshes and collision objects.

André de Cuyne said:
I had this problem with one of mine.
It desapeared when I saved the texture in DXT1 format.

What disappeared? The problem, or the texture?  :grin:

Awesome-possum! No crashes so far now, definitely a lot more workable with :smile:

mtarini said:
New version!  Yes, I forgot to update the number, so it is still 18. Rely on the date (3 sept).

Hm?  It reads as 0.0.19 alpha in the about menu :razz:

Also, another minor bug: Autocomplete does not seem to list newly imported materials/textures even after saving and reloading. Manual entry of the material/texture name still works and the texture shows up in the 3D preview.

It reads as 0.0.19 alpha in the about menu

oops, thanks, so it was correct, fixed the info.

Autocomplete does not seem to list newly imported materials/textures
I know, that's just me being lazy  :mrgreen:. For now, no need to save and load, just "save" then "module->refresh" (F5) should work.

mtarini said:
Autocomplete does not seem to list newly imported materials/textures
I know, that's just me being lazy  :mrgreen:. For now, no need to save and load, just "save" then "module->refresh" (F5) should work.

D'oh! Forgot about refresh  :oops:
It works alright, thanks!

mtarini said:
What disappeared? The problem, or the texture?  :grin:

The texture ! ... Hum... No. The problem... S***, I can't remember, damn Alzheimer...  :lol:

The problem disappeared, of course !

And a lot of thanks for this app, mtarini !

mtarini said:
> I still get not in module.ini with some brf files.

If you get that, it has nothing to do with the BRF file itself. It means that it didn't find a
Code:
load_mod_resource yourfile.brf
in your module.ini (or, that it didn't find module.ini).
Note, load_mod_resource is not the same as load_resource. The former makes openBrf (and M&B) look in module "Resource" folder. The latter, in "CommonRes" folder.

I have load_module_resource in all mods...

Apart from modules in brf filse in module.ini, OpenBRF also knowns about materials which are in the same BRF file as the mesh using them.

> It seems to have problems reading some dds textures.

That's easy to check. If you load the material (or texture) itself, does it show it? If not, either it is a problem with dds file, or the dds file is not where it is expected to be (in either one of the "Textures" folder: the common one or the module one). Let me know!

Neither texture nor material show proper textures(checkboards). I have every file in the default folder and everything looks fine in game as well as old BRFEdit.

Col.Blitz, Red River:

"load_module_resource"... you mean "mod", not "module", resource? OpenBrf looks for "mod".
If it should look for "module" too, then let me know.

Anyway, try the...

:!: Mini update: ver 0.0.20 :!:

Just a small feature added: from now on, if you see a blue-white pattern instead of your texture, see under "settings" menu for a little bit of diagnostics!

Edit: redownload now. A wrong version was up by mistake. The very latest version should read 0.0.20bis.

mtarini said:
"load_module_resource"... you mean "mod", not "module", resource? OpenBrf looks for "mod".
If it should look for "module" too, then let me know.

Both "load_module_resource" and "load_mod_resource" commands work the same way as far as I can tell, and both are used (I have no idea why the redundancy), so you'll probably want OpenBRF looking for both.

That explains it then! The new version accepting "load_module_resource" is online. The changes are so minor I don't put up an update, but if you want to redownload, it's there.

works much better now. still can't see some textures properly. it has to do with texture format I guess. like dx1 and too big textures and stuff..
well done. keep it up!

Red River said:
works much better now. still can't see some textures properly. it has to do with texture format I guess. like dx1 and too big textures and stuff..
well done. keep it up!

Well with the new diagnostics feature you don't have to guess no more :wink:

Pretty neat, mtarini!

Where do I extract this to?

Uhm, watching the video tutorial, it says I need to export the obj file to Wings3D. However OpenBRF doesn't have a export option. Or maybe I'm blind.. Meh..

I have one more question, in the tutorial, you did a nasal helmet. Would the same steps apply to creating a great helmet as depicted here?
It will be using darkened eye slits. Basically you wont see the original head mesh.

imgname--medieval_ii_total_war_patch_12---MTW2_03-thumb.jpg

Err, this totally doesn't belong here, but to answer your question: you'll wanna use "itp_covers_head". basically this means the head model doesnt' load up when wearing the helmet.

Back
Top Bottom