Dominant Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Liamnic2

Recruit
Love the game so far btw, just thought this was amusing.

Tried to complete main story quests, stalled because of Dragon Banner bug so I'm just playing on hoping for a patch fix later.

After some time I thought I should side with a kingdom to receive greater awards. Checks map to see how everyone is doing...

A18Mlw.jpg

At this point is the Western Empire just OP ? I know its early access but I would not expect one faction to emerge so dominant so quickly.

Update: Just extra info. Prices of tradable goods in the empire towns are massively inflated with no sign of declining.

The western empire took over the other factions with a 2-3 year period.

The the only caravan I have hasn't made over 100 profit in about a year.

Last edited:
I have seen people post games of battania, khuzait, western empire and southern empire steamrolling. With Southern empire having highest change of steamrolling it would seem; vlandia and sturgia just sit there for some reason. aseria gets destroyed by empire or khuzait 100% of the time it seems.

I have that strange playthrough where only castles have been seized, no towns have been turned over and I'm about 2 years in lol

Balancing the game will take some time. But for now, i suggested one quick fix for steamrolling problem in another thread

Could there be a temporary solution for faction balance (sandbox)? Entire map has been captured by either Battania or Southern Empire in my games, in just few in-game years.

Temporary solution would be that, each faction will have 2 previously defined targets (cities/towns) and AI will only go after those 2 targets instead of steamrolling on one faction until they are no more. After 2 castles captured, and they successfully defended those 2 castles for a while (few in-game months maybe?) there will be peace between factions. Player will be free to go as many targets as they will.

Also, please make it a LOT more harder for factions to go to war each other (and weak ones to be ally between each other if one factions gets so big). Each faction shouldn't have 2-3 wars anytime in Calradia.

Rebellion feature will probably put enough balance into the game when it's added, since factions would just lose cities to rebels if they enlarge so fast.

Limiting AI targets would fix most of the immersion breaking steamrollings on the map.

I think npc lords have aggression to passive meter. I got khuzaits to calm down after killing monchug. But my faction battania and western empire still really aggressive. Western empire started blobbing up so i am trying to help battania take out Vlandia, so can survive against hyper aggressive western empire that ate southern empire and most of northern. Sturgia and Vlandia leaders seem passive and aserai seems to get taken out to fast to know whether their leader is calm or aggresssive.

It's strange that everyone is getting different results. This means that it's not one faction being unbalanced. :unsure:
Whilst the Steamrolling side seems to lean towards one of the 'Empire' factions (Which to me is quite surprising as they are central in the map, so you would expect them to be beaten on by the most enemies), it does demonstrate an underlying issue with the game... A total lack of balancing with longevity in mind.

It seems that two sides will fight... one will win, and the other one will just be crippled for rest of the game, and eventually consumed. The campaign AI seems to lack any ability to bounce back, there doesn't appear to be any actual coded breaks for a nation thats being eaten up (As we saw in previous games)… and all this further ties into things such as bad individual AI, with Lords seemingly never regaining strength after a defeat for a variety of reasons, for example extremely limited income after they lose their starting money.

A lot of people are hoping for a quick fix to this, because it totally ruins the game, but to me it seems like its tied into a hell of a lot of things and will be very hard to fix comprehensively and then decently balance.

in my game i think i might get an odd result, but cause i am trying to avoid total take over from western empire. I think i am gonna end up with battania, western empire, and khuzaites as only factions left standing.

Asera, vlandia and strugia are to passive in every game
Yeah, i think its tied to the leaders somehow; cause monchug's son was passive, but khuzait started blobbing a little before i killed monchug so Khuzaite is still strong in my playthru.

Garrisons, +300%, now !!!
That would be an easy fix until the issue has been resolved more dynamically.

Back
Top Bottom