Discussion Thread: Gamescom 2017 Media

Users who are viewing this thread

Count Delinard

Lord of Uxkhal
Global Moderator
As you might know, this was recently released:

What are your thoughts on everything that happens during those skirmishes?

---------

Captain Mode: You fight in large-scale, epic battles (up to 5 vs 5 players) commanding your own detachment of troops, either infantry, cavalry or archery.

I loved the crosshair
Game looks beautiful I liked how they managed to make the commander battles more interesting. AI seems better.
One thing I realized tho when guys were moving their shields up it looked a bit too robotic.
Great work as always.
I also liked the map design. Looks like we are gonna have interesting maps in the multiplayer.

Some things that caught my eye:

- It seems perks are actually in already. On the bottom of the screen, we can see a few ones close to the weapon upgrade choice. I hope it's not hard coded, I'd love to code in a passive skill tree.
- Commands that do the same the Formations AI being part of the base game with their own animations and sound effects are great. Next to the end of the video, when they order a shield wall, the melee looks super intense as soon as they make contact. Like an actual meat grinder of sorts. I have mixed feelings about that.
- Horse armor design seems awesome, and it looks like bulky armor isn't going to clip as much as it would in Warband. That gives me a lot of ideas.
- I hope the cloth physics system is easy to use. Robes and long flowing cloaks abound! The fur wearing horseman had short ones that looked really good.
- Simple color coding on basic troops based on banners showing up again. This is one of the best parts. I'm going to abuse it a lot.
- Base health seems to be ~100 now. Easier to balance damage numbers? I hope it's also not hard coded, for fine-tuning purposes.

I wanted to have this gamemode for a long time! OMG!

giphy.webp

So this is an overglorified pvp mode for the co-op beggars. Game looks good, the mode does not interest me personally. I'll wait for real competitive pvp modes without AI.

Amazing video, much more than I was expecting to be honest!

Worth of mention is, can't believe they have added 2 handed weapon animations on horseback, I just complained about it the other day!
Absolutely loved the physics, they way the horses are dying, staggering to the sides is really good.

If I have to choose something I didn't like much, I guess that would be the blood sprays...but I'm sure that's pretty hard to replicate. Perhaps we should suggest the Slow Mo Guys to have someone's arm cut and see how it is. Any volunteers?

And last but not least...the horse with an elephant's complex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg#t=07m26s

According to this https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade/status/899944131262382080 there will be streaming

Referans said:
According to this https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade/status/899944131262382080 there will be streaming
Yep. I was just gonna post that.

WQm05N.png

Referans said:
Nothing "new" will come from that. They're just going to talk about video they released. "This is our new MP mod called Captain Mod. You can do this you can do that ect ect." See you in E3 2018.

All this is looking good but few things that could be better, metal of helms of the guys are start (batanians?), flesh colours sometimes a bit weird, but it have been worst in the past, and sometimes in melee fights soldiers looks like crazy under speed, animations are too fast or ? Shieldwall is pretty basic once they melee the shield wall fall fast. Normally in a shield wall the left of your shield is under the shield of the guys on your left or something like that to make a block. The good thing: it looks like more and more polished you can see a lot of improvements at each demo, i like the way warriors up shields to block arrows, and many details and good designs !

argon45 said:
Nothing "new" will come from that. They're just going to talk about video they released. "This is our new MP mod called Captain Mod. You can do this you can do that ect ect." See you in E3 2018.

%99

Looks great.

I was too busy watching the gameplay did not realize the indicators at the top right between 05:15 and 05:50

Back
Top Bottom