SP - General Differentiate between Empire factions by Auxiliary forces

Users who are viewing this thread

The 3 empire factions are to similar to each other. To much of a difference would not make sense lore wise, but giving them an dedicated auxiliary troop line would make them look and feel different.

for example:
N. empire: a single troop tree from Sturgiun recruit to Line breaker.
W. empire: a single troop tree from Battanian recruit to Battanian mounted skirmisher
S. empire: a single troop tree from Aserai recruit to Koleman to Ghulam

the goals is to to add something to the empire troop tree that is useful and has a specific look that is easy identified on the battle field.

A single troop tree upgrade path as to not to clutter the empire armys to much.
The basic recruit can be added to village recruitment instead of the noble troop line.(noble line should be moved to castles).
like 20% of the recruits of designated villages are of the auxiliary culture.
Designated villages could be chosen by:
1 villages close to the border
2 villages belonging to selected clan's
3 total empire faction (not my top pick)

Can you post a link to your mod?
It's in my signature (hint: More Troops Mod).

The gist of it is simple- every faction gets an auxiliary troop tree. The Empire gets the most auxiliaries, based on all the other factions.

2121-1602106669-803572491.jpeg

North, West and South each have access to all these troops, but the proportion varies greatly depending on the proximity. For example, the Northern Empire to have a lot of 'Vaegirs' and 'Khergits', some 'Highlanders' and very few 'Sarranids' and 'Foederati'.

Also I've made a few cool custom helmets, but this is an older screen cap so you won't see them.

It's in my signature (hint: More Troops Mod).

The gist of it is simple- every faction gets an auxiliary troop tree. The Empire gets the most auxiliaries, based on all the other factions.

2121-1602106669-803572491.jpeg

North, West and South each have access to all these troops, but the proportion varies greatly depending on the proximity. For example, the Northern Empire to have a lot of 'Vaegirs' and 'Khergits', some 'Highlanders' and very few 'Sarranids' and 'Foederati'.

Also I've made a few cool custom helmets, but this is an older screen cap so you won't see them.
Thank you, I will give it a try! Ps. Signatures Are only visible in landscape mode on A phone?

Going to copy-paste my previous answer on this same subject :

The Empire being a blatantly obvious call to the Roman Empire, I don't mind that it looks like the Roman Empire (after all, there is no problem with Battanians looking like Celts, is it ?).
One thing that I would find interesting, though, is to slightly theme them to fit different aspects of the Roman Empire. It'd be especially fitting considering each faction does correspond to a period of the Empire.

- Southern Empire puts emphasis on hereditary succession, on a king-like head of state. That's what the Byzantine Empire tried to morph into, with the Basileus figure (even if certainly it quite often didn't happen smoothly). As such, this faction could be given a Byzantine-like theme.

- Western Empire, with the army taking the lead and the "emperor-general", certainly sounds like the later Western Empire and the chaotic succession crisis that usually ended up in civil war. They could be themed as late, well, Western Roman Empire.

- Finally, the Northern Empire and its Senate-based imperial election is reminiscent of the Early Roman Empire. So, well...

With this, we could have thematic and visual variety while still being completely faithful to the faction's concepts.

I think I'll try to make a distinct Empire army mod eventually. It won't be save compatible, but I think it can be interesting to pull off.

Back
Top Bottom