Dedicated Servers need to happen sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys, people are riding the hype train right now. If you're going to limit the amount of people playing together at 6, the multiplayer will die very quickly before it even started. We need the private dedicated servers ASAP.

I don't think waiting a year to allow the implementation of private dedicated servers is a smart idea at all.

Said this already. It's been said and said already.

Not to mention the current custom servers are kicking you out at the end of the game and not just rolling over with a new match and keeping everyone in the same game. It's just terrible and will leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.

Literally makes zero sense why they wouldn't allow us to host our own servers. We'd like do a better job than them. As it stands, their servers run one map and boot everyone after every single game.

Agree, and more official servers for quick play. Wait should never be more than 2-3 minutes. TW should have anticipated amount of multiplayer interest and been prepared for the 1k players waiting in matchmaking que.

Yep. The alpha and beta testers complained about it for months however they still chose not to release the server files. On the one hand I can understand not releasing the server files due to wanting to investigate crashes and bugs with the server. However they said they'll make us wait till the end of EA to release the server files thus we'll have to wait till 2021 for that.

That's a reason for them not to release the files?

The more people there are making servers and playing on them, the more testing takes place. The entire community testing combined with a bunch of guys in an office testing will produce better results than just the latter.

If they're running it themselves, then of course they have more control over the environment where its ran and can investigate server issues better than having no direct access to the servers. So in some way I can understand. But I do agree: community servers need to come soon. And not soon as in 2021.

I can't see a proper competititve/organised roleplay scene emerging until we are able to host our own servers, at which point - as you say - the hype will have died down a bit and a lot of potential players will miss out on joining clans.

My guess is the custom games crashing after every match is an issue with the game code and not the servers. There were brief moments in the early beta (around December/January) where servers would go to the next match without shutting down. This was rare but it definitely occurred sometimes. We won't get any public server files until this is fixed because it is much easier for them to update the MP servers in-house than having to distribute new patch server files to everyone in the public.

As far as clans go not having dedicated private servers is definitely a HUGE hit, but you can still get a 6 man party going for skirmish, captain, and siege. I'm really hoping they expand the party limit though for siege matches so clans can bring in 20-30 guys on the same team. This would allow a slight tide over with having bigger events until private servers come out.

My worry is that this release date was rushed.

I have not yet played the game but the numerous issues people have seen for seemingly commonly encountered scenarios is alarming.

I'm willing to let it ride out but can't see myself investing time into it unless better MP servers and even then for a pricey game I expected better.

Back
Top Bottom