Day 210 - highest skill at 76.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello, It is me or un Bannerlord It is extremely hard top increase skill level? I am figthing all the day and my highest is Polearm at 76. I still cannot use a lot of horses because my riding skill is at 54 and It looks really hard top increase. Amy tip for increasing It faster? I al investing points un the main atteibute every time I can.

BTW, loving this game.

Yep, mods are the answer for this i think. There's also this one which allows import/export characters and companions, so you can change your stats/FP points/perks using a .txt file.

I am at Day 40 and Riding is at 110ish and Bow sits at 105. I am still alone though. Trade sits at 60 something and Polearm that I just recently used for some things is at 40.
The rest have only marginally improved by +0 - +15.
It is important to understand how the system works at the moment. Put focus points into the stuff that you plan to do regularly and max them out right from character creation, then fill the remaining focus points up. If you plan to use more than one skill of one attribute, also raise that attribute. Also it is important to understand that a low skill level does not (unless it is Xbow) exclude you from doing things and that 5 is sufficient for doing everything okayish.
Some stuff like Charm and Scouting are rather hard to level because associated tasks are rare and you would have to go out of your way to keep raising it.
The system is working and is rather precise in displaying how you play your character, however some tweaks are necessary, especially concerning attributes and the amount of levels available.

Uhmmm do you know if using Focus points helps yo increase the skill faster? I thought It is not and I only needed them when I was close yo reach the cap.

Thank you for the replies.

I am at Day 40 and Riding is at 110ish and Bow sits at 105. I am still alone though. Trade sits at 60 something and Polearm that I just recently used for some things is at 40.
It is important to understand how the system works at the moment. Put focus points into the stuff that you plan to do regularly and max them out right from character creation, then fill the remaining focus points up. If you plan to use more than one skill of one attribute, also raise that attribute. Also it is important to understand that a low skill level does not (unless it is Xbow) exclude you from doing things and that 5 is sufficient for doing everything okayish.
Some stuff like Charm and Scouting are rather hard to level because associated tasks are rare and you would have to go out of your way to keep raising it.
The system is working and is rather precise in displaying how you play your character, however some tweaks are necessary, especially concerning attributes and the amount of levels available.

I have 4 focus points on riding, played for 30 hours and the effen thing is atill at 52... all I do is mounted combat, there's definitely something wrong with it

After a couple of thousand of looters killed by horsearchery, my riding is at 120 and my archery at 115... but yea.
That been said i had full focus in archery as soon as i could.

I guess you have a chance to get a skillpoint everytime you hit an enemy, and for i need still 2-3 arrows for a looter if i don't headshot,
i hit alot of things... again and again and... ah well.

After a couple of thousand of looters killed by horsearchery, my riding is at 120 and my archery at 115... but yea.
That been said i had full focus in archery as soon as i could.

I guess you have a chance to get a skillpoint everytime you hit an enemy, and for i need still 2-3 arrows for a looter if i don't headshot,
i hit alot of things... again and again and... ah well.
Yes, I have done exactly the same but with Mount and Lance, after 210 days killing an insane numbers of looters, my riding skill is really low. There is maybe something wrong with the experiencia obtained when using Mount+melee weapon.

In warband, 100 was only average ability. Now its a real achievement. I could understand the the leveling rate if it only went to 100, though I still think it would be too slow. However, perks are unlocked at level 275 and beyond, which was considered high proficiency in warband, and I cannot imagine ever getting anywhere near to that level.

They want you to make Warband numbers with 10x less the xp.
I have a very hard time believing you have riding 110 on day 40. Did you choose all the backrounds that gave you extra riding ability? Even then I doubt it.

Yeah, I understand that the current system is different than in Warband and to be honest, I like It a lot but maybe It is a bit too slow. After +200 days I would expect to have skill values close to some elite units (100-130 or so) for these ones which I utilize a lot, but I am really far to achieve It.

Plus It looks like skills does not get increased un tournaments.

I have 4 focus points on riding, played for 30 hours and the effen thing is atill at 52... all I do is mounted combat, there's definitely something wrong with it

Horse Archery improves riding extremely quickly, because archery has additional skill modifiers based on the difficulty of the shot. It can be up to 15x the XP you're getting. Plus, you get XP based on the damage you do, to the strength of the enemy.

So head shotting high level opponents grants enormous XP. You can do this with a polearm as well, making sure you always hit the opponents head for extra XP, but archery is the only skill with the 15x multiplier.

Some of the skills are WAY harder to level too. Even with good attributes and focus some of them need adjusting, charm and scouting are ones I find particularly bad. Raising relations with folks only gives like 1xp to charm at a time which is WAY too low haha

You guys should not consider becoming a smith. I was frustrated with how slow it was so i decided to spend yesterday entirely on trying to become the greates smith on the continent. I didn't want to cheat on this playtrough but suffice it to say the only thing that would have been nice to have was endless stamina. I am not strapped on money on my char and bought up materials and everything i needed to smith to my harts content with the downside of resting now and then. Further information:
Enduirance Lvl: 9
Max allowed focus on smithing.
I managed to go from lvl 40 to lvl 64 sadly i don't know how many hours i had to pump in to do that but it was alot and in the end of the night early morning hours when the energy drinks had stopped working long ago i ran on pure frustration continuing to pound that iron with little to no success i had to face reality I was obviously not ment for Smithing, my weapons are crap no one will buy my stuff for more than a pittance (not that i would sell, precious materials are being reused ofcource). I have now taken up arms and will hunt the blacksmiths of this world ending their career and making the lords of Calradia realise that if they wish to wage war they will have to lower their standard of weaponry down to the **** i can produce.

I think a big issue is the change in time scale, and the fact you play as a clan and not a single immortal character.

It wouldn't really make sense if only in a few years you could become a master in anything, let alone multiple skills. However, in terms of how quickly things move (the economy, politics, movement over the map...) everything is very disjointed from that new time scale. And this is, I believe, why we all feel that skilling up is so slow.

Back in Warband this wasn't an issue - a year in game was a LONG time where the player could really go from rags to riches, and noone cared because the time scale didn't matter. You character or your companions were never going to go away, and most of the grind was for Renown, RTR, and relations. As such the game could afford to have relatively fast skill up without breaking any of its own logic.

Perhaps it would feel better if the logarithmic curve was tweaked so that first 100 skill points were quick to get, especally with focus points involved. However, I wouldn't want to be able to skill my (or any other) character up super quickly so that they could become masters in pretty much everything in just a few years In Game.

EDIT : I'm going as I'm thinking here, but in a sense the whole game could be made slower aswell as the skilling up be made faster. What if travel between two close by towns took multiple days instead of an afternoon ? It sounds bad but hear me out : that would buy a lot of downtime the game could use to introduce even more mechanics to skill up. If you had to make camp at night, there'd be a nice space for the devs to implement training fights with your men to increase combat skills in a relatively safe environment, or you could go hunt and increase your scouting. Or you could play war games and increase tactic... Basically make the whole skilling up thing into a constant element as you play.

Last edited:
300 days in and my leadership is 19. Bow is not even 100 and athelics something like 70-80, two handed 90. The rates really need adjusting. Even more importantly though i wish the perks would actually work.

In warband, 100 was only average ability. Now its a real achievement. I could understand the the leveling rate if it only went to 100, though I still think it would be too slow. However, perks are unlocked at level 275 and beyond, which was considered high proficiency in warband, and I cannot imagine ever getting anywhere near to that level.

They want you to make Warband numbers with 10x less the xp.

I have a very hard time believing you have riding 110 on day 40. Did you choose all the backrounds that gave you extra riding ability? Even then I doubt it.

I hope this link works. This is from day 50 now, but I've been above 100 for days now, and reachted that in various playthroughs as early as Day 38 and level 8-9. And yes I started with 3 riding and 3 archery, as well as 1 Trade, 2 in Tactics and 1 in Medicine. The rest I placed afterwards, maxing Archery first, then 1 in Riding and then 4 in Trade and again the last in Riding.
It is easily reachable I did not bother with quite a few engagements and have also spent two days waiting. I am pretty sure I would otherwise have been around 130. My Trade would have been 70ish, if I hadn't had that bug where reloading resets your trade margin. I really thought I had 40 in Polearms...
This one is from day 38 of another playthrough:
And this from Day 32 of my second or third playthrough:
You will just have to believe me on the days, my chars all have the same name and I am always doing Khuzait so I am not going to prove anything more with screenshotting loading screens :grin:
In any case when engaging 6-8 Looters, I can still manage to get +2 Riding and +2 Archery per engagement. I doubt this would work as well with polearms, I think there I would only be 90, as Riding scales wonky. Like 40m headshots stationary on a horse will raise Riding more than Archery, so even with a slightly higher multi in Archery, Riding did overtake Archery in all playthroughs in the range of 60-70, so quite early.
Edit: This is a rather stat-optimized build that I follow since I grasped how the mechanics worked and figured that my prior focus as a jack-of-all-trades with focus points in scouting, charm and medicine was rather useless. However, even in my first playthrough, at Day 40 I was probably around 80 or so in both Archery and Riding, and that was also with an army of 20 dudes and having raised stats like tactic and steward to 35 and 50, so it is all in balance.

Last edited:
Horse Archery improves riding extremely quickly, because archery has additional skill modifiers based on the difficulty of the shot. It can be up to 15x the XP you're getting. Plus, you get XP based on the damage you do, to the strength of the enemy.

So head shotting high level opponents grants enormous XP. You can do this with a polearm as well, making sure you always hit the opponents head for extra XP, but archery is the only skill with the 15x multiplier.

Good to know, but it doesn't make much sense.. I use polearms 90% of the time, it should improve riding just as good as horse archery, or at least almost as good, because hitting anything with a bow from a horse is more difficult then hitting them with a spear for sure, but still... it's too freaking slow.

Back
Top Bottom