Dating Thread, v. I

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I was talking to the girl I like and she brought up something about someone saying I liked her and was going to ask her to our graduation dance and I said I had thought about it. It all evolved into a several hour conversation over text that's still going on in which she has said she likes me as well and I just asked her out and she said yes. I feel happy now.

Eh, Corndawg beat me. Well, he actually had the advantage, as the girl he likes isn't in a relationship with someone else. So that's my excuse.

It's only thirty nine days now. Closer to done than not.

It's just hard to go through the ups and downs of life without her. I have an appointment with a neurologist for an EEG scan tomorrow. For the first time in years I have hope that I might get some kind of treatment, might even find out what's wrong with me once and for all. If I'm right and the trigger mechanism is seizures then I may be able to treat it. I may be able to go back to being normal again.

But I can't talk to her. We talk every night, but I can't say a thing. I can't have that conversation through a computer screen. I can't share the hope, I can't share the fear. I don't know why. I just can't handle it.

I can't stand being so far away. I can't stand the thought of her worrying, of her crying, of being ten thousand miles away from running my hand through her hair and pressing my forehead to hers, from holding her in my arms.

When she's not here, she's not her. The difference is as much as that of a written word and it spoken. When she's gone I can't feel her, without her by my side I'm the person I was before I met her, nothing holds the same meaning. I'm surviving, but not living. It's a shock to realise how much a difference she makes.

Things will be how they are. I'll try to talk to her again tonight.

Corndawg said:
So today I was talking to the girl I like and she brought up something about someone saying I liked her and was going to ask her to our graduation dance and I said I had thought about it. It all evolved into a several hour conversation over text that's still going on in which she has said she likes me as well and I just asked her out and she said yes. I feel happy now.
Congrats Corndawg. I knew no sane lady could resist the power of the 'stache. :smile:

Thanks Lyze, I've already had that running for the last ten minutes from your other post, sitting in the winter sunlight and listening.

It's amazing how quickly music can pull fear, frustration or anger from your heart. Even when I'm not playing it myself it's like speaking everything you can't say.

Also, yes. Yann Tiersen is great. :smile:

:3

I had worries, about my girlfriend. I hadn't seen her for some time, and the short interaction we had at school was wooden and aloof. I feared I was losing her. We are both stressed by finals, and after talks with two friends, the worries have gone away. By the gods, but I fawn over her now. Holding her in my arms is thrilling, enthralling, and can sustain me for the entire day in this last week. I cannot wait until school is over, and I can be with her again. I will walk with her up to the meadow, where the blue lupins blow, gazing out on the glorious city below.

IIRC EEG's are painless.  They just paste electrodes on your head, and record brain waves.  Hope that helps a little with the fear part.  Good luck.

Didn't know he studied neurology :S.  I study psych so I thought I was being helpful.

Yeah, pretty much like that Seff. :smile:

Ati said:
IIRC EEG's are painless.  They just paste electrodes on your head, and record brain waves.  Hope that helps a little with the fear part.  Good luck.
Not afraid of the test, been there and done that. I'm afraid I won't get any results, because really, this is my last chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom