Dating Thread, v. I

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First case of this version (unless I'm ninja'd):

Well, I got this friend. She's going to follow the same career as me, digital art, modelling, animation, and game-related things. She's younger than me, and has a brother. He is a selfish and over-protective brat. Her father - only met him once -, as she says, is over-protective as well. She has a strange fear of liking people. Even when hugging me, she does it quick and looking around.

The problem is: I think she's liking me a bit more than usual but is afraid of admitting it.

The clue: I was walking with her after she finished her class, and when we reached her building, we kept talking outside and such, for about 10 minutes. Then she said "I'm hungry", I asked to go up too, to get a glass of water, I was thirsty. Then she said, "No, my father's there, he won't like you walking around, and will complain." Well, that's not surprising, and not a clue whatsoever, but then she added: "When we go to *insert anime event here* we can have more freedom." and then smiled. That looked, to me at least, to bear a hidden message. After that we said goodbye and parted ways.

I've been thinking about it all day, what do you guys think?

I think that you shouldn't over think it. You, as an intelligent man schooled in the ways of logic and reason, will over analyze and thus spell your doom.
Or sumfink.

How normal is it for her to make jokes of that kind - and more importantly; does she do it around other people, or only when she's with you?

You DO realize that when she said 'I'm hungry' and then said that you going up was a bad idea, you could have said 'then let's go grab something to eat/drink somewhere else', right? :razz:

Seff said:
How normal is it for her to make jokes of that kind - and more importantly; does she do it around other people, or only when she's with you?

You DO realize that when she said 'I'm hungry' and then said that you going up was a bad idea, you could have said 'then let's go grab something to eat/drink somewhere else', right? :razz:

First time I've seen her say something like that. She never talks about realtionships that open.

And I had no money. And I've already done that one time with her, paid her a sundae. Not the first time I walk along to her house too. Her mother knows me and isn't overprotective.

Oh, and last year, a week after meeting her for the first time I asked her for a date, and she refused. We stayed as friends after that, mainly because I was not that interested. I forgot to mention it on the another post.

Lyze said:
I think that you shouldn't over think it. You, as an intelligent man schooled in the ways of logic and reason, will over analyze and thus spell your doom.
Or sumfink.

Yeah, I'm going to wait until that event to see how things turn up. But I still want different opinions about it, to see what are the chances.

Asking her for another date seems like something that might take pressure of her - pressure she's given herself, but pressure nonetheless. Whether to do it or not all depends if you're interested in her or not, of course.

Let's say I'm... intrigued. It's like a really potential interest, but not yet.

And if I do that her fear will be triggered, and there's nothing to undo it. I guess waiting to be at the midst of cosplay people that she doesn't know will prove worthwhile. The only **** is that the event was postponed two times already, and this time there's no date set. (there's another similar one, but it's gonna take place at July.)

*Insert angsty post that will make this show up in Updated Topics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom