OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Dark Age Pack- .160 Release Done

Users who are viewing this thread

I can only think of the very basic ones, assembled steel plate, with some leather covering and some ear protections, if you see what I am talking. as you probably know spangenhelms were the typical helmets of the dark age, so they are a must have for your pack :razz:

Sayd Ûthman said:
I can only think of the very basic ones, assembled steel plate, with some leather covering and some ear protections, if you see what I am talking. as you probably know spangenhelms were the typical helmets of the dark age, so they are a must have for your pack :razz:
Find some art and pictures and I will consider them. Yes, they are a must have though.

Spangenhelms. I hope it helps. :grin:

spangenhelm.jpg

Spangenhelm.jpg

casquededarelmedineh5qa.jpg

images

Also a dscription from Wikipedia: Spangen refers to the metal strips that form the framework for the helmet and could be translated as braces, and -helm simply means helmet. The strips connect three to six steel or bronze plates. The frame takes a conical design that curves with the shape of the head and culminates in a point. The front of the helmet may include a nose protector (a nasal).

Antonis said:
Spangenhelms. I hope it helps. :grin:

spangenhelm.jpg

Spangenhelm.jpg

casquededarelmedineh5qa.jpg

images

Also a dscription from Wikipedia: Spangen refers to the metal strips that form the framework for the helmet and could be translated as braces, and -helm simply means helmet. The strips connect three to six steel or bronze plates. The frame takes a conical design that curves with the shape of the head and culminates in a point. The front of the helmet may include a nose protector (a nasal).

Hmm, yea I made one similar to those. I can research some spangenhelms from that era. I might retexture this one as well as make a new one.
spangenhelm2.jpg

The reason I asked is that Spangenhelms can vary from 5-11th century.

Yeah, there were many variations(plumed, bronze, with gloden layer, leather and plated, with neckguard or without et cetera; it depends on the timeframe or the money that had been paid for the helmet). But the basic design is the one you made. So with a little retexturing or Idk, some changed features, such as plumes or neckguards, you can come up with a variety of different spangenhelms.

Yeah that's for sure, the good thing with those kind of helmets is that you can make a lot of different ones, with the same base, just change the neckguard texture to leather, and add leather in the top part of the helmet, or model a plume on it, there are a lot of possibilities.

Update .130 for Dark Ages mod up. Nexus download on first page.
Yeah, there were many variations(plumed, bronze, with gloden layer, leather and plated, with neckguard or without et cetera; it depends on the timeframe or the money that had been paid for the helmet). But the basic design is the one you made. So with a little retexturing or Idk, some changed features, such as plumes or neckguards, you can come up with a variety of different spangenhelms.
I'll eventually make one, you can be sure of that, after axes possibly.

Varangian Helmets

H-359.jpg

Picture013[1].jpg

Viking Ocular Helmet

H-287.jpg

Varangian Mail with Pad underneath

varangian_combat_gear_wip_by_stholm-d5hnmri.jpg

the_varangian____by_stholm-d5kjz5z.jpg

Anglo Saxons  V  Vikings

91261dac3a.jpg

Viking

tumblr_mj90ml3JUA1s72q7ao1_500.jpg