Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

How to become the chosen one to be able to host a server?
The test is currently invite-only but if everything goes well we will be sharing the server files soon after the test concludes.

Please give us a date or estimate
Definitely not with the release and most likely not for some time yet. Honestly, I don't even want to give a tentative estimate at this stage, but it is something we are working towards.

The test is currently invite-only but if everything goes well we will be sharing the server files soon after the test concludes.

Definitely not with the release and most likely not for some time yet. Honestly, I don't even want to give a tentative estimate at this stage, but it is something we are working towards.

When we release Sword & Musket, you will be shot!

e1ef308d7293de892778c6c990fa93ea_w200.gif

Exciting news! Really looking forward to private hosted servers. The 16th community would be more than happy to help if needed!

The moment the community gets their hands to the private servers i think the multiplayer aspect of Bannerlord will skyrocket.

You beauty - literally the only mode I care about. Naturally I read it and you have enough testers - but should you want another - I'm highly invested in this.

Really looking forward to this and it's made my day to just see this progress.

Ty TW!

Will we get a hardware requirements for custom servers?

Yes, we will share those details alongside the server files.

Will there be stress tests like there used to be during the beta?

The server owners are free to test their servers however they want. :smile:

Well, ballpark it. Are we talking the end of summer? This year? Past 2022?
Honestly, I don't even want to give a tentative estimate at this stage, but it is something we are working towards.

Well, ballpark it. Are we talking the end of summer? This year? Past 2022?
It will be a very long time my dude. Custom maps might not take too long but I feel like custom modes will still be a long way off, likely requiring a ground-up rework.

This is fantastic news. As far as the custom servers, will we be able to buy/rent the dedicated servers with Taleworlds or will we use server host like logic servers, bluefang, etc? Because my clan North American Teutonic Order (NATO) is of course wanting to get a server.
We don't have any plans to lease servers. You'll be able to get the server files and then use them to host the server from various 3rd party dedicated server providers,...

Please make sure to do massive balancing improvements before realizing it. After playing a few matches yesterday I noticed that there are a lot of flaws with the class system added into a battle mode. I'm not going to refer to the current gold gain and costs of the classes because NIN3 already mentioned that, that will be taken care of.
But with the current system on how this is supposed to work the "snowballing" is way to extreme. As soon as you get stomped one round (if rounds are close the balancing could be a little better) the set is practically over because the light classes are no match to the heavy classes. To prevent every set from being 3-0 or 3-1 you could try to add some kind of loss bonus depending on how many rounds you lose in a row. Meaning the more rounds you lose in a row, the more gold you get so you at least have a slight chance of making a comeback.
Also, it seems like the gold gain is mostly around your own performance and that determines if you have enough gold to buy a proper class. But for competitive play I see a few issues in that. If for example I'm playing cav and holding of the enemy archer the whole round I wouldn't be making any kills because I'm busy holding off the archer for the team (still doing my part for the team). And then if we end up losing the round, this would lead to me not having enough gold to buy a cav class again and one of the infantries would have to step in as cav. I'm just not so sure if this is really the right thing for a competitive atmosphere as you get rewarded for playing selfish (grabbing kills) and punished for doing things for the team (bumping, holding off archers etc.) I guess this would also happen to me if we end up winning the round and I wouldn't be able to afford a heavy cav depending on how exactly the gold gain would be working. Sorry I'm not very good at explaining it but I guess you know where I'm coming from. Currently I don't really have many ideas to fix these type of issues but perhaps someone else has some ideas.
I personally would much rather see a custom equipment system similar to the one in warband. It might seem like a lot of work at the start but once you got everything set up with it, it could be much easier to balance the game with it.

Back
Top Bottom