Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Please make sure to do massive balancing improvements before realizing it. After playing a few matches yesterday I noticed that there are a lot of flaws with the class system added into a battle mode. I'm not going to refer to the current gold gain and costs of the classes because NIN3 already mentioned that, that will be taken care of.
But with the current system on how this is supposed to work the "snowballing" is way to extreme. As soon as you get stomped one round (if rounds are close the balancing could be a little better) the set is practically over because the light classes are no match to the heavy classes. To prevent every set from being 3-0 or 3-1 you could try to add some kind of loss bonus depending on how many rounds you lose in a row. Meaning the more rounds you lose in a row, the more gold you get so you at least have a slight chance of making a comeback.
Also, it seems like the gold gain is mostly around your own performance and that determines if you have enough gold to buy a proper class. But for competitive play I see a few issues in that. If for example I'm playing cav and holding of the enemy archer the whole round I wouldn't be making any kills because I'm busy holding off the archer for the team (still doing my part for the team). And then if we end up losing the round, this would lead to me not having enough gold to buy a cav class again and one of the infantries would have to step in as cav. I'm just not so sure if this is really the right thing for a competitive atmosphere as you get rewarded for playing selfish (grabbing kills) and punished for doing things for the team (bumping, holding off archers etc.) I guess this would also happen to me if we end up winning the round and I wouldn't be able to afford a heavy cav depending on how exactly the gold gain would be working. Sorry I'm not very good at explaining it but I guess you know where I'm coming from. Currently I don't really have many ideas to fix these type of issues but perhaps someone else has some ideas.
I personally would much rather see a custom equipment system similar to the one in warband. It might seem like a lot of work at the start but once you got everything set up with it, it could be much easier to balance the game with it.
The cavalry really be stomping people once a team gets to spam it.

Also, i think most people tend to not use their view character button to look around them. I feel like this is a good time to bring up they should fix the camera motion and how sickening it is when used.

Yeah a class limit is still mandatory, sadly.
I hope they do it as a % and not a hard forced one
nah, adding class limits to the game would basically mean TW giving up on balancing the game.
this is once again a chance to balance it properly, especially if people actually get to play tox-strats in ranked and such, rather than hiding behind class limits everywhere where it actually matters (i.e. comp matches)

I don't know if the snowballing is as much an issue as people say, I played a few matches and in all of them rounds went back and forth. When you have a mix of casual and good players it's going to be like. Not to say some improvements can't be made but don't think it's insanely one-sided as some seem to.

I will note that it only took a couple of games to notice that cav are still just insanely strong and especially in numbers. Hardly surprising but I really do think mechanical changes are mandatory to this class - I've listed them many times. I also noticed there is very little cost to taking a heavy cav unless you insta die, so long as you are competent and farm a few kills/assists, you will retain the class (and this is the easiest class to do that with, and survive as well).

Lastly I'll note every game the server crashed for me - obviously custom hosting is WIP, but this has been an ongoing issue with the TW custom servers as well so it's sad to see and hopefully is stabilised.

nah, adding class limits to the game would basically mean TW giving up on balancing the game.
this is once again a chance to balance it properly, especially if people actually get to play tox-strats in ranked and such, rather than hiding behind class limits everywhere where it actually matters (i.e. comp matches)
I gave up on TW balancing the classes already

I don't know if the snowballing is as much an issue as people say, I played a few matches and in all of them rounds went back and forth. When you have a mix of casual and good players it's going to be like. Not to say some improvements can't be made but don't think it's insanely one-sided as some seem to.

I will note that it only took a couple of games to notice that cav are still just insanely strong and especially in numbers. Hardly surprising but I really do think mechanical changes are mandatory to this class - I've listed them many times. I also noticed there is very little cost to taking a heavy cav unless you insta die, so long as you are competent and farm a few kills/assists, you will retain the class (and this is the easiest class to do that with, and survive as well).

Lastly I'll note every game the server crashed for me - obviously custom hosting is WIP, but this has been an ongoing issue with the TW custom servers as well so it's sad to see and hopefully is stabilised.
Yeah agree on that good player thingy, i don't think it's something that will be ever fixed

Cavalry becomes stronger by magnitudes when they start to stack up to the point most players get couched from every direction i noticed aswell

Yeah they always crash when it ends, pretty sure the ones hosting made a script to relaunch it every time

Cav are complete trash unless the player using them is good with cav, they will get in your way and kill your own team more often then anything, if you don't like the balance go back to Skirmish, the whole point of Custom servers is that each server will decide it's own balance and the one people like to play on more obviously has the right idea, instead of forum warriors who just waste the devs time, hissing like cockroaches balanccccccccccc

Hello all, you may have noticed by now that a few extra servers popped up on the server list. We're conducting a beta test of the custom servers with a few community members. They're able to host custom games on local computers as well as dedicated servers.

We're currently not accepting new test participants. The purpose of this test is to identify any critical issues, ensure stability and gather early feedback.

As soon as the test is completed and any critical issues rectified, we'll release custom server files for everyone to use.

You may find yourself playing the battle mode on these custom servers hosted by the community members. Please note that the battle mode on 171 isn't fully implemented and can as such contain various balance issues, missing UI,... Battle mode will be added fully once Beta 172 moves to the main version.

Enjoy and happy testing!
super cool to hear!! was wondering will we be able to raise the server player caps with custom servers? like 100v100 for siege etc?

What server and what gamemode? I have had very few crashes while running the servers so far.

If you're talking about battle mode, the servers are shutting down intentionally because if you let it go to the second map it is very buggy. Some players won't be able to see the scoreboard, some players will crash, and many people won't have any gold. So rather than having a bunch of people disconnect/reconnect and miss a couple of rounds, it's best to just restart the server.

Cav are complete trash unless the player using them is good with cav, they will get in your way and kill your own team more often then anything,
>Trash players will be trash
wow so smart. How do you not take your logic one step further and think?: Arch are complete trash unless the player using them is good with arch. and, inf are complete trash unless the player using them is with inf.

Did you seriously not think about this lol

Small nitpick but unlike every other gamemode, the battle one does not give loot/XP, will this be enabled when it's publicly released?
Playing on custom servers won't provide loot/XP. As you can imagine, custom (modded) servers will be able to change all sorts of parameters which would cause various discrepancies.

>Trash players will be trash
wow so smart. How do you not take your logic one step further and think?: Arch are complete trash unless the player using them is good with arch. and, inf are complete trash unless the player using them is with inf.

Did you seriously not think about this lol
Archers yes could be as much of a nuisance as cav, but they just damage you, they don't also block your swings and make you tilted, and it takes alot less skill to figure out how to be a good archer, and even less skill to figure how to use inf correctly, in warband unless you were willing to spend about 1k hours on just learning cav there was no point to play it except for fun, and it wasn't that fun, in bannerlord cav is fun to play, they just made it feel weighty and flowy, it's fantastic, but there are even more tricks to playing cav now, but as with Warband if you aren't good with cav you aren't going to be effective with them at all.

Did you seriously not think about this for more then a second lol
(Also can we grow up here, what is with your childish attitude?)

Playing on custom servers won't provide loot/XP. As you can imagine, custom (modded) servers will be able to change all sorts of parameters which would cause various discrepancies.
Will there be matchmaking for battle mode as well in order to earn loot/XP or is that restricted to Skrim/Capt. modes?

South united states
still not getting you, could you mark it on my map?
50cQG.png

Back
Top Bottom