Resolved Companions "HOLDING" instead of returning from missions

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
Companions that are sent off to do missions don't always return but instead get a "HOLDING" tag all caps. They're location is set to "near Ain Baliq", though they don't seem to be on the overworld at all. I've had it happen on many different quests, so it's not quest specific. Most recent case happened on "family feuds"-issue. Seems to be semi-random - hasn't been character, location or quest specific.
How to Reproduce: Get a bunch of companions and go around villages. Send them to resolve issues until your companion gets the HOLDING tag.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Any village-quest
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.1.1
Installed community-made modifications: non
Computer Specs
: Bug occurs on a variety of setups.
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

New warband-player here. I got the same issue : Companion HOLDING at random. The units assigned to the quest do not return either...all gone.
I should have an older save file of a companion right before accepting the quest that afterwards bugged out. Every time I loaded it, it gave the same result, companion + units not returning. I'm a-technical, but if someone can ''guide'' me how I get this save file to the devs for reproducing this bug, I'd be delighted ! This bug ends every playthrough as I tend to send my best units on those missions and when they do not return, all that progress is lost and I quit the playthrough.

EDIT : It is possible to deal with this bug by saving and reloading each time a companion quest is about to time out. When it indeed does bug out, simply reload and try again. I thought it was doomed from the moment the quest was accepted, but it really comes down to ''midnight'' on the day it ends.

Last edited:
this issue has been happening to me a lot in several playthroughs. It's been reported a number of times (if you search for "Ain Baliq Companions" you'll see a list of people reporting this. This is the first thread where I've seen it acknowledged.

Heroes go missing after completing missions and always end up in Ain Baliq. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but as of the lastest beta, even when heroes return from missions and end up back in my party, I'm not unable to select them in inventory to upgrade their armor / weapons. Their statuses show "travelling to <whatever city i'm in>"

Hi, this issue is fixed after e1.4.0 and won't appear on newer campaigns. However, the developers inform us that the fix won't apply to older saves. Marking this thread solved. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom