Version number
v1.2.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Azeryn

Recruit
Summary: Whenever I attempt to enter a siege battle the game will attempt to load for a moment before turning my screen black, occasionally flickering and then just completely collapsing requiring a PC restart most of the time. For some reason, this only occurs when in campaign mode as I can load the same sieges without any issue in Custom Battle. Sometimes instead of crashing on a black screen, I will see the first second of the troop deployment screen before a crash as well.

- I have tried every possible fix I have found online including deleting the shader & sound folders and then verifying files, multiple fresh installs, deleting every single file I can find related to Bannerlord on my PC and then installing again, and even trying entirely new saves to see if the save file was just broken. There are other fixes I have tried and cannot remember at this time as I have gone through and tried so many.

- It does not produce a crash report like other types of crashes.

- This was not previously an issue and I have in the past enjoyed many hours of the game without a single issue. This only started happening very recently as I just installed the game again. This is also the only game I seem to have crashes on.

- Lowering the settings or any other combination of enabling/disabling features does not change the result in any way, and performance is always flawless except for this strange crash.

- When siege battles rarely work in campaign mode, they sometimes seem to crash when I get near the keep's doors (Where enemies run away). I don't believe this is related to the other issue, and I can honestly live with it but it is another strange crash.

- I have no other issues in this game outside of specifically campaign sieges.
How to Reproduce: Enter a siege battle in campaign mode.
Have you used cheats and if so which: I have had this issue on both modded and unmodded runs so I don't believe it is the result of any, that being said, when I do use mods, the only mods I use are: Butterlib, UIExtendedEx, Harmony, Mod Configuration Menu v5, Detailed Character Creation, and Detailed Character Creation - Additional Sliders and my most recent trouble was on a modded run.
Scene Name (if related): It most recently happened at Sargot, but I've had it happen during other siege battles as well, such as Ustokol Castle. Some sieges appear to work completely fine, such as the city of Revyl, though I am unsure if the bug simply wasn't in effect yet or if the crash only occurs on very specific sieges that I keep happening to take part in.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 5600 XT
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.24002.92
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Upon further testing on a brand new unmodded save, I have concluded that I actually cannot even enter any settlements whatsoever without facing this same crash. Entering a city or castle even outside of a siege will crash my game in the same manner.

Could you check your hardware? There might be some disconnected cables or any overclocking made might be the reason behind this. The game would normally just crash and does not force your PC to close. On similar reports before it was found out mostly that the culprit is bad hardware connections etc.

Also, could you try the same crash deleting the mods? Disabling does not yield the same result sadly.

Could you check your hardware? There might be some disconnected cables or any overclocking made might be the reason behind this. The game would normally just crash and does not force your PC to close. On similar reports before it was found out mostly that the culprit is bad hardware connections etc.

Also, could you try the same crash deleting the mods? Disabling does not yield the same result sadly.
It seems that my GPU with recent driver updates is simply no longer able to run the game properly according to other threads and responses I've seen on here. As far as I can tell that was the only culprit behind the crash. The good news is that while it's not my first choice for solutions, I did find one that makes the game fully playable again even with mods installed. I downgraded my AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition drivers to 23.5.2 and that has entirely solved the issue. Hopefully, there will be a more straightforward solution in the future but at least it can run properly for now.

Back
Top Bottom