***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

If you're asking me personally, yeah, I know a bunch of them because I play the game a bunch. Mesui and Olek, for two clan leaders.

Speaking more generally, people are going to know at least some of S-tier women to marry and the starting head of their clans, at least if they play for awhile.

edit: This is a bit of an aside though and more of a personal complaint about the entire way M&B (Warband, VC, every mod I played) treats companions. These wooden as **** mannequins that basically exist to pad out my party and act as another XP bar to fill, rather than actual characters. Battle Brothers has wholly generated characters with like two or three sentence backgrounds and I cared infinitely more about Bros (who could and did die at the drop of a hat) than I ever did any companion in any M&B title or mod because they actually did interesting things and expressed plausible motivations through their actions -- the thief couldn't stop stealing **** and so I had to make a choice. The Orc Slayer left when there were no more orcs to slay. The noble bastard (or exiled noble, I can't remember now) had assassins come to try and kill him. It is all proc-gen, background-based reusable because they died constantly but it was way more interesting than having some dude hover in my orbit and maybe one time talk about how he got wounded and ****ed some girl herding cows.
Great point bringing up battle brothers system, it's fantastic.

2010 was about the time of Mass Effect II, Dragon Age: Origins, Borderlands and Divinity II. It was below-par even back then.
I said "above average for video games", as in video games from all years, and you responded by listing what you consider some of the best written games (which misses the point of "above average"- you don't determine "par" from the best) for one year. That's a bit intellectually dishonest. I also feel like you're arguing just to argue at this point, this is increasingly off topic. Let's agree to disagree on the quality of Warband's writing.
That still leaves the world bereft of companions as they die of unnatural causes. Even on a 2% per down, companions don't last very long once you get into knockdown, drag-out siege warfare.
Companions don't last very long at the moment because armor barely reduces damage, any AI put in a captain role charges wildly in with no self-preservation, and even higher skilled troops don't block enough.
It is going to be hilariously worse once it is applied to autocalc battles too, because your caravan leader is just going to randomly get ganked
Definitely something they should keep an eye out for, good point.
The player should be able to mitigate the risk of allied AIs dying in autocalc battles they're not present for; for example if you send a well-armoured, well-trained, and well-guarded companion to lead a caravan, and they get attacked by pissweak bandits, that companion should have an incredibly small 0.01% likelihood of dying in that circumstance.

Last edited:
I said "above average for video games", as in video games from all years, and you responded by listing what you consider some of the best written games (which misses the point of "above average"- you don't determine "par" from the best) for one year. That's a bit intellectually dishonest. I also feel like you're arguing just to argue at this point, this is increasingly off topic. Let's agree to disagree on the quality of Warband's writing.
Just FYI, I picked 2010 because that was the year of Warband's release. Anything with words counts as above-average if you include the 80's and 90's.
Companions don't last very long at the moment because armor barely reduces damage, any AI put in a captain role charges wildly in with no self-preservation, and even higher skilled troops don't block enough.
That's not as relevant as you think. Even with mods that increase armor's effectiveness, sieges virtually always result in companions and named lords being downed, as they always spawn in the first wave and have to face every enemy present on the same HP pool. The only way I've gotten them to survive consistently is by making high-tier armor nigh-invulnerable to most forms of damage.

Obviously, this is assuming a relatively even siege assault. Of course you can just have a laughably outmatched defense, such as a rebelling town, and roll right in without worries any of your companions will die.

That's not as relevant as you think. Even with mods that increase armor's effectiveness, sieges virtually always result in companions and named lords being downed, as they always spawn in the first wave and have to face every enemy present on the same HP pool.
Yep, I would say that comes under poor AI self-preservation. It's a combination of factors of which armor weakness is just one, but still relevant.

Just FYI, I picked 2010 because that was the year of Warband's release. Anything with words counts as above-average if you include the 80's and 90's.

That's not as relevant as you think. Even with mods that increase armor's effectiveness, sieges virtually always result in companions and named lords being downed, as they always spawn in the first wave and have to face every enemy present on the same HP pool. The only way I've gotten them to survive consistently is by making high-tier armor nigh-invulnerable to most forms of damage.

Obviously, this is assuming a relatively even siege assault. Of course you can just have a laughably outmatched defense, such as a rebelling town, and roll right in without worries any of your companions will die.
companion death really clashes with the all risk little reward nature of combat, well half the games systems do tbh.

Ready when you are @Duh_TaleWorlds. Don't forget the neins you promised.
What a Ba$tArD! ( :lol: )
giphy.gif

I will definitely stay for the neins too. It's certainly going to be an interesting read :iamamoron:?.

I’ll give credit where due. The battle scenes being generated from cells on world map is a killer feature, and one I suggested in addition to a redesign the map. TaleWorlds have done both and the game will be better for it. The world map tech is looking good, although I wish they’d clean it up a bit and fix the borders.

I think TW just need to add more (additional) skilled devs and improve / replace management.

It’d be nice to hear what they are planning in more concrete terms and receive a schedule for phases of pre and post release but its not going to happen and there isnt much point when development time will likely blow right past any dates we are given anyway.

I’ll give credit where due. The battle scenes being generated from cells on world map is a killer feature, and one I suggested in addition to a redesign the map.
They are not generated from cells. They are hand-drawn to resemble a region on the world map. It's not Total War, it's war against scenemakers.
replacing management is never the choice... management replaces others so management looks good to management and then product fail. WIN WIN
As long as the current management is meeting profit expectations, they are good. And thanks to the impatient folks that bought this EA, they did great. It's the players that let game companies get away with crap games.
Of course, if their next product ("Mech And Blaster") fails and doesn't get the hype that generates sales on launch, heads may roll.

Last edited:
It amazes me how much Tale Worlds pays attention to their haters. I'm positive but its frustrates me that they mostly focus on the problem people. I'm mostly ignored by the developers. I'm have bought all 3 version of Bannerlord and I have bought all of the games in the previous series but I never get any contact with the developers. I have been mostly positive but I have crossed the lines the haters have. I have high hopes but my fear is that Bannerlord will be very vanilla like Warband and will only be fun with tweaks and mods. Since I have been playing the Mount and Blade series since almost the beginning I believe in Tales Worlds. The haters have too much say here.

It amazes me how much Tale Worlds pays attention to their haters. I'm positive but its frustrates me that they mostly focus on the problem people. I'm mostly ignored by the developers. I'm have bought all 3 version of Bannerlord and I have bought all of the games in the previous series but I never get any contact with the developers. I have been mostly positive but I have crossed the lines the haters have. I have high hopes but my fear is that Bannerlord will be very vanilla like Warband and will only be fun with tweaks and mods. Since I have been playing the Mount and Blade series since almost the beginning I believe in Tales Worlds. The haters have too much say here.
Look at me! Pay attention to me, me, me!

You do realize that this isn't just some post of anybody complaining (there are hundreds of these and they are rightfully ignored) but somebody who made the effort to collect every feature missing from WB and every feature missing from the devlogs and put these on a list for constructive criticism AND made a poll wether that list is representative or not (from the people who used the poll it is) AND this thread is one of the threads here with the highest activity.

But you are completely correct. TW should pay attention to you. And just you. Because you are a good boy.

Look at me! Pay attention to me, me, me!

You do realize that this isn't just some post of anybody complaining (there are hundreds of these and they are rightfully ignored) but somebody who made the effort to collect every feature missing from WB and every feature missing from the devlogs and put these on a list for constructive criticism AND made a poll wether that list is representative or not (from the people who used the poll it is) AND this thread is one of the threads here with the highest activity.

But you are completely correct. TW should pay attention to you. And just you. Because you are a good boy.
You know exactly what I'm talking about. But hey that was a good laugh, I literally laughed out loud. There's constructive criticism and there is plain toxicity its not like we are dealing with Todd Howard. But you know not that long ago there have been articles about the toxicity of the Mount and Blade community...

You know exactly what I'm talking about. But hey that was a good laugh, I literally laughed out loud. There's constructive criticism and there is plain toxicity its not like we are dealing with Todd Howard. But you know not that long ago there have been articles about the toxicity of the Mount and Blade community...
Yes there are toxic people and they are best ignored. For example people who demand attention from others because they think they are special. :wink:

I am a bit surprised that someone who has been around this long thinks that this is a toxic thread. There was actually some good conversation with one of the devs, we did have one flamer but they were shown the door relatively quickly. Overall I'd say this thread went pretty well so far.

I was half tempted to link threads that actually are toxic but, eh, I probably should not be promoting those.

As long as the current management is meeting profit expectations, they are good. And thanks to the impatient folks that bought this EA, they did great. It's the players that let game companies get away with crap games.
Of course, if their next product ("Mech And Blaster") fails and doesn't get the hype that generates sales on launch, heads may roll.
Which management are you talking about?!
Just let that random forum myth die already, TW is not EA. There is no evil management making greedy decisions.
What you call management is Armagan (the boss) and team leaders (Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, etc.). They all happen to be part of the development team.

Which management are you talking about?!
Just let that random forum myth die already, TW is not EA. There is no evil management making greedy decisions.
What you call management is Armagan (the boss) and team leaders (Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, etc.). They all happen to be part of the development team.
I have a pet theory that Armagan ran out of funds during Bannerlord development and had to let other investors in. (This is based on a credible rumor that there are several owners of the company. However they might have been there for a long time and my theory is crap.)
Now these alleged co-owners are probably there for the profit and have influence on how Bannerlord is managed, they decide who is hired to manage the company and its finances. Team leaders are not management and I doubt have much influence on decisions. It's the owners, including Armagan, and any people they hired to keep tabs on development that are the decision-makers/management.
If Bannerlord was a failure, those non-Armagan owners would have been unhappy and would have demanded changes, one of which is that Armagan and/or other responsible people step down from their roles and let a different management team try to salvage the investment in Bannerlord. It is a possibility, but this has been avoided anyway for the time being and everybody is happy counting their EA money, with only a little nervousness about monthly salary expenses for the duration of the EA and the possible conversations what game to do next (after the Bannerlord DLCs and console ports) - Mech and Blaster 1 or Mount and Blade 3.

I have a pet theory that Armagan ran out of funds during Bannerlord development and had to let other investors in. (This is based on a credible rumor that there are several owners of the company. However they might have been there for a long time and my theory is crap.)
Now these alleged co-owners are probably there for the profit and have influence on how Bannerlord is managed, they decide who is hired to manage the company and its finances. Team leaders are not management and I doubt have much influence on decisions. It's the owners, including Armagan, and any people they hired to keep tabs on development that are the decision-makers/management.
If Bannerlord was a failure, those non-Armagan owners would have been unhappy and would have demanded changes, one of which is that Armagan and/or other responsible people step down from their roles and let a different management team try to salvage the investment in Bannerlord. It is a possibility, but this has been avoided anyway for the time being and everybody is happy counting their EA money, with only a little nervousness about monthly salary expenses for the duration of the EA and the possible conversations what game to do next (after the Bannerlord DLCs and console ports) - Mech and Blaster 1 or Mount and Blade 3.
If there are some secret owners / investors of the company they probably have zero knowledge about game development. I seriously doubt that they would be able to design a video game / make decisions. So far there aren't any loot boxes or a battle royal modes, so I guess the theory is wrong anyway.

Back
Top Bottom