***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Just as a small update, I have written a portion of the reply, which works by itself so I may share it before getting to the rest of the matter. However, because it touches on a broad range of subjects, I do want to run it by some other folks and make sure I'm not overstepping before posting it.

I don't think that companions are randomly generated by the way. Afaik they are based on templates that can be reused across generations - but at least the first iteration should be somewhat equivalent to a "unique" character from what I understand. I am not too familiar with the system, so take it with a grain of salt.
thank you for taking the time to read and reply in the forums, there are large number of players and a few developers, it is hard to reply especially when the thread have a large number of comments which itself take time to read through and takes even longer to make sure the reply is "correct" as people will start rage out again. thank you again for the hard work, there are work needed to be done for the game but take the time the team need to deliver the best game you guys can possibly can!

I agree that there are plenty of things that can be done to further improve the game. However, working alongside the community to achieve a desirable level of quality does not - to me - mean that a company needs to follow each and every community request.

Ok thats fine but regardless of small requests or differing visions between community and Devs - do you and Armagon and the other Devs believe this is a cohesive game? You can have vastly differing vision, but give us a complete cohesive game that makes sense and is satisfying. Like the poster above noted how the Tournaments used to be interlocked to the relationship between town and player and feasts and renown -why has this type of dynamic backpeddled? that makes zero sense to us -where is the vision and direction on these types of matters as well as reasons for peace and war when lords used to talk to you about their reasoning freely - is this stuff to come or is that your vision of a finished game?

It just makes no sense and just stating that "you dont have to give in to all our various requests" is a cop out to these larger questions. Im totally game to forgo my personal wishes for this game if you wanna deliver me YOUR version of a polished cohesive and complete game but as it is now it seems direction has been lost and your just cleaning up around the edges and letting us deal with it as it is.

Last edited:
Why would anyone listen to that guy is beyond me. He can't put together a sentence, let alone a coherent thought. And he managed to do this for 20 minutes for this thread! Now that's impressive.

So I was thinking, if we link to his video in this thread will he make another video talking about how we talked about his video talking about this thread? And will his second video on this thread show a screen capture of his first video talking about this thread?

I know we are going a bit off topic here but I feel that the threadception had to be mentioned.

Why would anyone listen to that guy is beyond me. He can't put together a sentence, let alone a coherent thought. And he managed to do this for 20 minutes for this thread! Now that's impressive.
20 minutes without any real message or content, is this one of those famous YouTuber who represents the community and gets personal audiences with the king...I mean Armagan?

Stan Games is talking about us lol.
Not going to respond to or even watch the video, but I'll respond to the clickbait title "I bought bannerlord so i get to make all decisions": nowhere did I claim to be making the decisions, just the entirely reasonable statement that delivering on promises to buyers should be a game company's first priority.

I've seen stan games' videos before, and the general impression I got was that he's not very bright. The fact he made a 20 minute video presumably complaining about people complaining on a forum kind of says everything you need to know about his channel. Anyway, enough about that.

Not going to respond to or even watch the video, but I'll respond to the clickbait title "I bought bannerlord so i get to make all decisions": nowhere did I claim to be making the decisions, just the entirely reasonable statement that delivering on promises to buyers should be a game company's first priority.

I've seen stan games' videos before, and the general impression I got was that he's not very bright. The fact he made a 20 minute video presumably complaining about people complaining on a forum kind of says everything you need to know about his channel. Anyway, enough about that.
I'm sorry to interrupt you there.
As I already said before, your post is a nice effort and may represent part of what are expecting some players.
But it does not reflect what the "community" is requesting.
For the simple reason that, as Duh said, there is no "one" community...
A first and concrete example is that your post is in only in English. What about the other people, speaking other languages and playing the game?

And regarding the Category 4, I found it really aggressive and haughty.

CATEGORY 4: "Pet projects." (Low priority)
Features which Taleworlds employees would personally like to see added but which are not expected or asked for by the community. As Taleworlds is being paid by the people who bought Bannerlord, and told those people they aim to make the game to the buyers' expectations, it should be higher priority to fulfill promises made to the buyers first.

Basically you are saying that:
Talewolrds employees personnal ideas = "pet projects", low priority.
Why?
Because you paid for the game. Period.

Let just be honest, you paid around 45 (maybe 35 on sales, like me) euros for already dozens of hours of fun.
The price of 4 pizzas? Do you complain about the restaurant because he is not making the pizza the way you were expecting?
And you will tell them how to make it because you paid for it?

Category 4 statement does not make any sense.

I paid for the game, in early access, knowing that it is still under development, to support the project, the vision.
And the game is already good, fun and is being improved, stabilized and comes with new features on every new betas.

I'm sorry to interrupt you there.
As I already said before, your post is a nice effort and may represent part of what are expecting some players.
But it does not reflect what the "community" is requesting.
For the simple reason that, as Duh said, there is no "one" community...
A first and concrete example is that your post is in only in English. What about the other people, speaking other languages and playing the game?

And regarding the Category 4, I found it really aggressive and haughty.

Basically you are saying that:
Talewolrds employees personnal ideas = "pet projects", low priority.
Why?
Because you paid for the game. Period.

Let just be honest, you paid around 45 (maybe 35 on sales, like me) euros for already dozens of hours of fun.
The price of 4 pizzas? Do you complain about the restaurant because he is not making the pizza the way you were expecting?
And you will tell them how to make it because you paid for it?

Category 4 statement does not make any sense.

I paid for the game, in early access, knowing that it is still under development, to support the project, the vision.
And the game is already good, fun and is being improved, stabilized and comes with new features on every new betas.
Maybe it's poorly worded, but what he says is that features which have already been promised by the devs should have a higher priority than some unannounced feature. And I kind of agree with that.
Let's say one dev has the awesome idea to add a dog companion (pet feature, pun intended). Lead designer and game director have their weekly meeting and need to decide if they want to prioritise prison breaks or dog companions. I'd say that prison breaks should have a higher priority because it was already announced.

Of course that's an oversimplification of the entire design process.

Maybe it's poorly worded, but what he says is that features which have already been promised by the devs should have a higher priority than some unannounced feature. And I kind of agree with that.
Let's say one dev has the awesome idea to add a dog companion (pet feature, pun intended). Lead designer and game director have their weekly meeting and need to decide if they want to prioritise prison breaks or dog companions. I'd say that prison breaks should have a higher priority because it was already announced.

Of course that's an oversimplification of the entire design process.
Dog companion should have a priority because everyone likes dogs. Prison breaks don't have dogs in them or cats and that's not fun.

Anyway, Spinoza here has an interesting take, he bought a vision and not a product. It's what a stereotypical Apple customer would say, they can do whatever they want as long as there is an Apple logo on it. Or a North Korean voter.
He's also implying that you paid too little to demand improvements and should have paid for hundreds or thousands pizzas to have the moral right to complain.
And anyway, you are not "the community" and no one is, so no one has the right to demand improvements (only Youtubers). If the Chinese and Russain communities don't support your suggestions in their languages, you don't have any credibility and you are basically a representative of some small village in England.
At this point, it's a quality white knight parody and parodies, like dogs, are fun.

I definitely agree it's a feature the community wants, and it's something I would like too.

But I think you can agree: Taleworlds, while they did make a lot of money selling Bannerlord to us all, doesn't have unlimited time or resources, and they aren't our genies. They can't give us everything we all want. Nor are they obligated to.

But they can and should give us what they gave us a reason to believe Bannerlord would be when we bought it. And that makes doing that their logical first priority.

So I wrote the OP with that in mind. If there was a direct or implicit impression given by TW that a functioning, useful feature would be in an M&B sequel, it goes in Category 1, 2, or 3.

The rest falls into Category 4 (features which taleworlds would like to have) and 5 (features the community would like to have). If I had written down everything that the community would like to be in the game, then this post would be eight times as long; it's already a wall of text as it is. That would distract from the aim of the post, which is to establish core priorities, and avoid confusion and wasted effort. I even left out features I'd personally like to see, like the ability to be an assassin yourself, naval travel, and ambushes, to avoid cluttering up the list.

If I made a mistake and Taleworlds actually did say at some point that bannerlord would have custom troop trees then i'll put it in the OP.
Alright, that makes sense, thank you for the reply.

Looks like Stan doesn't agree with the forum. By the way, he must be here with other nick.
No idea why a dude with 6.49k subscriber should be important for anyone but he definitely has no idea what he is talking about.
It's funny to see that he gets angry when someone says TW have communication issues and he pulls out 5 ( mexxico, duh, callum?, emre and arda ) people which 2 of them are not even devs and not related to communication :lol: I guess he thinks 10 people is working in TW and 50% of them are interacting

Dog companion should have a priority because everyone likes dogs. Prison breaks don't have dogs in them or cats and that's not fun.

Anyway, Spinoza here has an interesting take, he bought a vision and not a product. It's what a stereotypical Apple customer would say, they can do whatever they want as long as there is an Apple logo on it. Or a North Korean voter.
He's also implying that you paid too little to demand improvements and should have paid for hundreds or thousands pizzas to have the moral right to complain.
And anyway, you are not "the community" and no one is, so no one has the right to demand improvements (only Youtubers). If the Chinese and Russain communities don't support your suggestions in their languages, you don't have any credibility and you are basically a representative of some small village in England.
At this point, it's a quality white knight parody and parodies, like dogs, are fun.
Community suggestions are a difficult topic.

Is a feature feasible, does it fit the vision of the game (yes, that's a thing despite people making fun of it), does it only benefit a vocal minority or the entire community, does it actually improve the game or is it just great on paper?
That's why I like this thread so much, almost all suggestions in the OP make sense to me. Obviously I can't speak for everyone but I believe the vast majority of the community agrees with these suggestions and they fit to the vision™ of the game in my opinion.

Some suggestions are pretty problematic though, the thread about paper armours is a good example in my opinion. While I agree that armour in the game feels wrong, the thread is full of different opinions and arguments. Problem is, almost everyone in that thread makes good points. When I started reading it I had a pretty good idea how armour should be changed. After reading it I no longer had a clue...

@MadVader
Maybe my statements were trough some kind of paranoiac-critical prism?
It's what a stereotypical Apple customer would say, they can do whatever they want as long as there is an Apple logo on it.
I'm not an Apple customer.
Or a North Korean voter.
Bringing North Korean living conditions topics in a whatever game forum is not relevant.
He's also implying that you paid too little to demand improvements
You are implying that. And the game is receiving improvements.
should have paid for hundreds or thousands pizzas to have the moral right to complain.
Surrealistic approach, interesting...
so no one has the right to demand improvements (only Youtubers). If the Chinese and Russain communities don't support your suggestions in their languages, you don't have any credibility and you are basically a representative of some small village in England.
Never said that... You are extrapolating my statements.
But I can see that you don't like to relativize, neither admit that the English speaking community only represents a part of the players.

Y'all know this thread is getting derailed right? Lets put it back on track folks. Actually, I think this thread should die. OP made a big list, Duh read it and responded with his thoughts about it and some more. Are we not all satisfied?

I'd rather keep OP's list relevant, so although the recent discussions have tended to go on the derailing side, at least it's still in top activity :shifty:

Edit: It can't hurt making the answers relevant though. So to go back on topic, more than new features, what I find the game needs is to get its current features right.

Y'all know this thread is getting derailed right? Lets put it back on track folks. Actually, I think this thread should die. OP made a big list, Duh read it and responded with his thoughts about it and some more. Are we not all satisfied?
I would like to know their opinion on the actual suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom