Clan heraldry - an early herald of the "Too complex" problem

Users who are viewing this thread

The tool is great, especially in light of what we have in game, but I don't think it's nearly close to what should be in the game. Having to build other icons out of a mess of others, through thousands of layers, it a critical flaw in a banner system.

Remember when you could have a banner donned with brighter colours and NOT look like a total clown (together with the rest of your kingdom) because your clothes copy the exact colour?
I hate the colour coded uniform armours with a ****ing passion, it really exposes that the target audience for this game is degenerate invertebrate retards who couldn't possibly use their own ****ing eyeballs to see which side is theirs

I hate the colour coded uniform armours with a ****ing passion, it really exposes that the target audience for this game is degenerate invertebrate retards who couldn't possibly use their own ****ing eyeballs to see which side is theirs
They can easily fix this by giving us the option to turn this off, not sure why they keep catering their features to apes.

I think we really wanted the game to have a feel of that Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe from 2011 (props to whoever took care of those beautiful banners used in that movie), but instead we look like a team from that Thurber's Dodgeball movie...

No, there isn't. Oh, unless you count cloth/grass simulation. :rolleyes:

I think we really wanted the game to have a feel of that Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe from 2011 (props to whoever took care of those beautiful banners used in that movie), but instead we look like a team from that Thurber's Dodgeball movie...

Thank you for the great chuckle!

Is there actually a single feature/aspect of the game where TW did more than they "had" to ?
Nope, and I can't wait for people to try and refute this. Everything in this game is done with least amount of work possible. Prison break, God that is such garbage, a great modder could design something better in a few days.

Is there actually a single feature/aspect of the game where TW did more than they "had" to ?
Well...... they did make camels and camel units...... then didn't make them buildable in any troop tree...or do anyhting special...or have real armor.... they could have just not at all..... Yeah this example isn't helping TW sorry ?
I's guess this is the opposite in fact, they probably had intentions of making real camel units (where's Bedouin in SP?) but then cut it for some reason. This one real sucks too because it exists and doesn't seem to cause problems....just stick em in!

This one https://bannerlord.party/banner/ was actually made using early game code that they removed and abandoned, I highly doubt they're ever going to go back to it.
That is disappointing. But perhaps they have been working a light version of this editor? With fixed slots for emblems for example, but full colour choice, or background/flag shape.

I won’t stop dreaming until the game’s out of EA!

Last edited:
That is disappointing. But perhaps they have been working a light version of this editor? With fixed slots for emblems for example, but full colour choice, or background/flag shape.

I won’t stop dreaming until the game out of EA!

I bet it isn't even something that's on the road map, let alone something being considered.

u2OTp.png

(source)

giphy.gif

Another example to fill the memories' chest ? ? .
I will fight with anyone about the banners. They are ****e. Theres no difference. Everyones the same. There's no player story-building. In Warband I can still remember how my favourite vassal looked like and I can remember the biggest betrayal my first lord from the Nords, I gave him a castle from Sarranid lands. He had like 200 guys alone, so I loved the guy but then he rebelled and joined another kingdom. I can't remember ONE lord from BL.

I will fight with anyone about the banners. They are ****e. Theres no difference. Everyones the same. There's no player story-building. In Warband I can still remember how my favourite vassal looked like and I can remember the biggest betrayal my first lord from the Nords, I gave him a castle from Sarranid lands. He had like 200 guys alone, so I loved the guy but then he rebelled and joined another kingdom. I can't remember ONE lord from BL.
That poll is quite revealing and anyone who has played warband would expect some evolution, mostly because there are mods that offer freedom of editing by the user.

That said, Taleworls has commented that they are working on banners... ok, despite the general scepticism, let's not take the benefit of the doubt away from them too soon; I mean, let's see what they have to offer and then let's have our say.

If the rework the banners and there's still no way to add your own work/icons into the game, then I will not consider it an improvement. The entire banner editor needs to be worked. The idea that you have to decide between on icon and some colors is grossly outdated and flawed. And whatever system they do make should not, in any way, be dependent upon the external website editor.

A system that allows the user to use default icons is perfectly fine of course, but there needs to be more freedom over color selection, icon selection and for the players that want to go the extra mile, importing their own art.

What road map? Do we have a road map somewhere?

Yes, why of course we do. It is those unshared but definitely spoken about and concrete road maps within the development circle.

Last edited:
That said, Taleworls has commented that they are working on banners... ok, despite the general scepticism, let's not take the benefit of the doubt away from them too soon; I mean, let's see what they have to offer and then let's have our say.
Oh, do you mean banners as in their physical presence on the battlefield (or lack thereof), or are they working on their design, as in maybe adding a third colour or more templates. As others have said, we don't even have the simplest of coats of arms designs, such as saltires or several fields on the shield, so the editor upgrade would be very good, but not without upgrading the design of the banners of all clans

If the rework the banners and there's still no way to add your own work/icons into the game, then I will not consider it an improvement. The entire banner editor needs to be worked. The idea that you have to decide between on icon and some colors is grossly outdated and flawed. And whatever system they do make should not, in any way, be dependent upon the external website editor.

A system that allows the user to use default icons is perfectly fine of course, but there needs to be more freedom over color selection, icon selection and for the players that want to go the extra mile, importing their own art.
[...]
Oh, do you mean banners as in their physical presence on the battlefield (or lack thereof), or are they working on their design, as in maybe adding a third colour or more templates. As others have said, we don't even have the simplest of coats of arms designs, such as saltires or several fields on the shield, so the editor upgrade would be very good, but not without upgrading the design of the banners of all clans
Ofc this is the main issue...

Yes, exactly. There's so much missing or needed in the current system it would be extremely stupid to salvage it at its basic core. There's just 1 color and 1 icon. So if they decide it is impossible to add the ability to put several colors own, give us divisions etc etc and allow us to use as many icons as we want as well as grant us the ability to import our own into the current editor, then they just need to rework the entire thing from the ground up.

Then focus on putting their appearance on the battlefield.

EDIT

Your post came seconds before mine. Alrighty then. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nope, and I can't wait for people to try and refute this. Everything in this game is done with least amount of work possible. Prison break, God that is such garbage, a great modder could design something better in a few days.

This truly is the only reason I come back here. Its a trainwreck, such an unbelievable trainwreck. It baffles, shocks, amazes and surprises me every day.

My company trains and educates entire companies, starting at mid level management, working its way down to the teamleaders then from mid level up again to senior managers and directors. And not once have I seen a company cutting corners like this one. And we've had shareholders come to us because their company lost a 75% revenue client for providing fake samples, while upper management was cutting corners on the real products rolling of the line.

Now I think of it... Theyre not so different..
Too bad TW doesn't have shareholders clutching to their purses because theyre scared for their investment...

Back
Top Bottom