BUGS, PROBLEMS & PC CRASHING............

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever i enter a battle or a scene the game immediately crashes with an RGL error saying the program terminated incorrectly. Is there a way to fix this because basically this makes the mod unplayable.

Dear Captain Tenaka,
We basically fixed most of worst bugs in this last version!!!

But PLS keep in mind, though, that you need a powerful pc for this mod. I personally have to play low/medium video performance with my cheap pc.

PLEASE, take your time and patience to read and DO ALL things listed down below.
It looks scaring, at first, but will help you with ALL games performances, not only Warband.
  :cool:

Please BEFORE reporting your "bugs" here, be sure it is a REAL bug and not just something you did not like or understand.

In case of serious PC problems

In order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again, when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag:
-If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 70. Even less, 60 or even 50!!!!! (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
I solved all my problems with this issue, and REMOVING BLOOD!!!!

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

.1st 
WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1755 MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD"  / "ENABLE CHEATS" (they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performances problem). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.
(It should be OFF for best performance)

.2nd
TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS, ALL OF THEM TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY
"MAX FRAME RATE" TO 60
"TREES DETAILS" AND ANY "SHADER/SHADOWS" TO MINIMUM
- Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma" of course....or your monitor will become BLACK! :grin:

.3rd 
TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

THX  :grin:

Gabrilduro and his team

IMPORTANT:

1755 OLD FRONTIER IS MADE TO RUN ONLY WITH ORIGINAL WAR BAND UPDATED TO V. 1. 143 or at least v. 1.134

Hello All,

I'm still new to the forum.

Gab....I love your mods. I also have loved The Last of the Mohicans since the day of its release.

In some ways I like your mod concepts better than I like the Native M&B. Nothing like trying to take your land back as an American Indian.

I had many problems with 1866. Even though I was able to play it. I got many red error messages about missing script commands. So I upgraded to Warband to try 1755. Since work on 1866 is probably done. So far I love 1755, but I have not been able to find a couple of answers to my questions.

First: Ok...You always start as an Indian. But how do you change your look after the fist battle? I accessed the chest during the first battle but you only get items from it. I saw no way to change into a Brit or a French.

Second: I start off with "wild animals", "Iriqoui", and Huron as part of my Nation or Faction. After a short while, War messages pop up that say something to the effect of..."The Huron faction has been defeated and no longer exists." for each faction. Like "The wild animals have been defeated and no longer exist." Again after playing maybe 10 min. I get these messages.

So how do I change into a White man in the beginning?
And, Are those factions supposed to be destroyed?

Thanks for any time taken to anwser. :mrgreen:

Yes I have read Guidelines, installing and facts. But I may have missed something. Yes Lilly is in her own Troop category. But she is invisible for the first bandit fight and the first merchant quest screen. Otherwise I can see her.

GABRILDURO - Thanks for your time and effort. You rock.

EDIT: After further reading I believe I found my second answer.  Yes?

I go to world map and i waited a few sec.. then it say Fraction eliminated, why?
Because all MP factions spawn in SP at start.

Hehehe...THX!
But remember I could not have got nearly to this point without the help of my Gabrilduro s Bunch!!

Ohh, see you missed some readings??  :twisted:
So glad that you found your answers! Me and Mates, expecially poor radetzky, made such an effort making the Guideline... :roll:

Keep in touch, IronHeart, ok?

Gabby

Lol. Yes thanks to the whole Crew. :grin:

I still have not figured out how to be anything other than an Indian. Guess I'll keep reading, unless someone has a hint?.

Also In some battles. Lilly is invisible for me. Still a fighting and killing machine. But invisible...though sometimes she appears as a small spec of her color, somewhat in the shape of a floating cig...Lilly - My floating ghost smoke.... :lol:

Keep up the awesome work. :mrgreen:

IronHeart777 said:
I still have not figured out how to be anything other than an Indian. Guess I'll keep reading, unless someone has a hint?.

When you start the game, and you've dispatched the bandit and chatted with the merchant, go to the shop and select "armour." Sell your Indian head and body. You should now appear as the European you selected at the start of the game. Clothe yourself in Euro garments and tricorne and head for adventure.

I'm very confused yes i'm back with more crashing
basically
i did everything you told me to Gab and once i had finished i went on 1755 and i could go in and out of battle without crashing, but i was nearing some indians party which i intended to attack when i had to go so i went off. But when i went back on later suddenly i can't go into battle without crashing again

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M DOING WRONG    :cry:

So I wanted to try a new mod, so I installed this one. I can't even play because I enter my character and traits and right before I enter the merchant/bandit scene it crashes...I did everything this forum told me to and I reinstalled the game AND mod twice already each. Still nothing...Any idea what's going on?

Chokachilds said:
So I wanted to try a new mod, so I installed this one. I can't even play because I enter my character and traits and right before I enter the merchant/bandit scene it crashes...I did everything this forum told me to and I reinstalled the game AND mod twice already each. Still nothing...Any idea what's going on?

I had trouble with Albany and one other town (forget the one). It's a texture issue we'll have to fix at some point. Try different towns. Albany has given more than one person a problem.

Also do make sure you try this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

i noted a bug where straight out of the armor shop a Spanish armor uniform *don't know what its called* has 350 weight  :shock: i tried to put it on and i found out that i was in essence stationary, i think that it might have been ment to be 35.0 weight instead of 350.0 weight, because that is like carrying 4 medieval armor sets, and i know that the Spanish metal armor of those times was not THAT heavy (wasnt it just leg plates and the chest plate?)

Sio_pallaeon said:
i noted a bug where straight out of the armor shop a Spanish armor uniform *don't know what its called* has 350 weight  :shock: i tried to put it on and i found out that i was in essence stationary, i think that it might have been ment to be 35.0 weight instead of 350.0 weight, because that is like carrying 4 medieval armor sets, and i know that the Spanish metal armor of those times was not THAT heavy (wasnt it just leg plates and the chest plate?)
You could be right and I would need one of the modder's to say so or not but my opinion is that they made it this weight so you wouldn't be walking fast. However 350 weight is a bit high, I could imagine 150 or so would be best.

Most clothes that aren't peasant clothes, Indian suits, or ones already in Native are roughly 55 weight, boots and hats are 11+, and if you carry sets of weapons, that's another 20-70+ weight per slot.

My suggestion is to get on a horse, and stay on it if you want to wear the currasier armour both French or Spanish versions.

Caulder said:
Sio_pallaeon said:
You could be right and I would need one of the modder's to say so or not but my opinion is that they made it this weight so you wouldn't be walking fast. However 350 weight is a bit high, I could imagine 150 or so would be best.

Most clothes that aren't peasant clothes, Indian suits, or ones already in Native are roughly 55 weight, boots and hats are 11+, and if you carry sets of weapons, that's another 20-70+ weight per slot.

My suggestion is to get on a horse, and stay on it if you want to wear the currasier armour both French or Spanish versions.
HAH! Veeeery good and intuitive!!!  :cool:
You are a precious help on our Forums, CAUL!!
That s exactly the right explanation.
I spent days on rebalacing all those weights, and some uniforms make you move really slower on purpose, like some Dragoon boots and so on....
Indians outfits are the best to move around, and they still have some good protection, because I wanted to show in some way their MIMETIC look, which helped a lot in covering and being missed, compared to RED or BLUE Uniforms.... :twisted:

Thx Mate again, for helping  :mrgreen:
Gabby
PS RADDY, PLS add this in the right place and with the best words in our beautiful GUIDELINE  :wink: (....hoping ppl will look at it, sometimes...heheheh :roll:)

Radetzky said:
Added! :grin:

Also sorry Gab that I can't help with uploading 1755, my connection is really crappy  :???: :oops:
Naaah, are you kidding, bro'?  :razz:
We are in the same situation about that.... :cry: ....hope a good soul will do it for me, or I ll do it myself when have time  :wink:
THX for adding that, and please always add a new last post, when adding smth, so ppl will know it  :wink:
Gab
PS Hey, Autie....what about you?? Did you read my kind request?  ....or you do not have a last 3.1 version, either??  :twisted:

GABRILDURO said:
HAH! Veeeery good and intuitive!!!  :cool:
You are a precious help on our Forums, CAUL!!
That s exactly the right explanation.
I spent days on rebalacing all those weights, and some uniforms make you move really slower on purpose, like some Dragoon boots and so on....
Indians outfits are the best to move around, and they still have some good protection, because I wanted to show in some way their MIMETIC look, which helped a lot in covering and being missed, compared to RED or BLUE Uniforms.... :twisted:

Thx Mate again, for helping  :mrgreen:
Gabby
PS RADDY, PLS add this in the right place and with the best words in our beautiful GUIDELINE  :wink: (....hoping ppl will look at it, sometimes...heheheh :roll:)

i'm sorry but isnt that a bit unrealistic? i mean the Spanish armor in real life was not that resrictive, it was just a plate of metal over your chest, nothing like full plate armor of the 1100's

i understand the need for balance but it just seems a bit shoddy and a patchwork fix *no offense*

You are right if compared to M&B native.
But not in reality.
I mean....if you wear a heavy 1300s Armour, you barely can move (I live in Italy and I lifted a lot of that stuff in Museums. They have some fake armours, just for ppl to feel the weight).
Most of the heaviest, were so heavy, that the Knight was lift over the horse and put on it with a lever and a rope.
So in most M&B Mods, the weight of it and the speed of character are un historical.
But you know....the gameplay.... :wink:
On my side, I did all things in order to be balanced with MY settings, see?
But I might modify some things....at least you feedback... :cool:
Ciao
Gabby :wink:

Downloaded open Beta.

Started Game, Created Char, Created Looks, Selected flag then when it goes to start the game it crashes to Desktop.

Back
Top Bottom