BUGS, CRASHES, PROBLEMS Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

OK,
Simple, it crashes when starting the game with the mod and then crashes suddenly with and error (p.s. i self dont have the prob cause i kinda fixed it)
XD

Oh btw GUY THOSE THAT HAVE THE RGL ERROR HAS TO REINSTALL THE LATEST UPDATE!!!!!!!!
THATS WHAT I DID

HOPE IT HELPS!!!!

47th Royal Eagles OUT PEACE  :lol:

Dellivis said:
Prinsed27 said:
Guys as much ppl have posted none of them have been answered:
:cry:
I have the Rgl error everyone in this topic has posted the one of rgle error object failed: yes there is nothing after the : 
SO CAN YOU PLS HELP US VERY MUCH APRECIATED LOVE THE MOD!!!!!

I am sorry on the no replies for this error but here's the issue with "RGL:____:

the problem is I dont know WHERE this is coming from(since its not saying what is causing it). My copy of the game which I downloaded, doesn't show any RGL errors at the beginning/startup and so far my gameplay, minus the issues people have already expressed, has been relatively error free.

It would help if you can tell me what you are doing at that time when it pops up. example: "I was entrenching my campsite when X error showed up." Then I know it may something to do with the camping (possibly a clash with code) and go see if I can get it to repeat itself & possibly find a fix for it.

Mr_U_Dead said:
My troops run up the mountain and get stuck in the trees when i try to rescue someone from bandits

Also if you do the quest where u train 5 villager and later have to fight the bandits who attack them the troops move back and forth and ignore most orders and the enemy  was walking back and forth on the side of the mountain all the way on other side of the map

That has to do with AI Pathing in the map itself.  The NPC thinks it can go thru a wall to kill another NPC yet there it cannot due to the collision.  best thing I could advise is get a really accurate weapon and have some target practice (and do try to NOT get yourself killed... Battle continuation isnt in the mod (tho there is a way to have the battle continue if your quick and have edit mode enabled :wink:)

DE_George said:
thx
but here is another problem
he can see a white object(what‘s that?),when he enter any taverns

Every tavern gives him that? First thing that comes to mind is a missing texture (color(s)). A Screenshot would definitely help out.

caseymike1 said:
"get_object failed for texture:" is my problem

again, what were you doing when this error showed up. It would help with the details if you can give it since the error doesn't say anything to pinpoint it's location

~Dellivis~

Sorry for my briefness. What i did is when it was "Processing INI file" at launch it gave me that error and basically redownloading it and even redownloading the game did not work.

That's a lot of blinding text and I have reduced such a mess. If people want to see all of that verbiage they can open the spoiler. Do not change this back!-Auldman (Moderator)

Well, running around on the map and going into towns works perfectly for me, but when i enter any battle, (bandits, armies, seiges.. ect..) the game fails to load all the textures, and the screen that shows the options to either take the field with the soldiers and whatnot, blends in with selective parts of my character. (the battlefield and menu screen merg) I've reinstalled M&B twice, and i have also gotten 3 fresh downloads of this mod, this also happens to me with the 1860's Old America Mod. (crash for this mod normally ends with a runtime error after a few seconds, but 1860's will stay like this for a good period of time.) i dont know if this is the right place to post, and i know i double posted sorry :mad:

caseymike1 said:
Dellivis said:
Prinsed27 said:
Guys as much ppl have posted none of them have been answered:
:cry:
I have the Rgl error everyone in this topic has posted the one of rgle error object failed: yes there is nothing after the : 
SO CAN YOU PLS HELP US VERY MUCH APRECIATED LOVE THE MOD!!!!!

I am sorry on the no replies for this error but here's the issue with "RGL:____:

the problem is I dont know WHERE this is coming from(since its not saying what is causing it). My copy of the game which I downloaded, doesn't show any RGL errors at the beginning/startup and so far my gameplay, minus the issues people have already expressed, has been relatively error free.

It would help if you can tell me what you are doing at that time when it pops up. example: "I was entrenching my campsite when X error showed up." Then I know it may something to do with the camping (possibly a clash with code) and go see if I can get it to repeat itself & possibly find a fix for it.

Mr_U_Dead said:
My troops run up the mountain and get stuck in the trees when i try to rescue someone from bandits

Also if you do the quest where u train 5 villager and later have to fight the bandits who attack them the troops move back and forth and ignore most orders and the enemy  was walking back and forth on the side of the mountain all the way on other side of the map

That has to do with AI Pathing in the map itself.  The NPC thinks it can go thru a wall to kill another NPC yet there it cannot due to the collision.  best thing I could advise is get a really accurate weapon and have some target practice (and do try to NOT get yourself killed... Battle continuation isnt in the mod (tho there is a way to have the battle continue if your quick and have edit mode enabled :wink:)

DE_George said:
thx
but here is another problem
he can see a white object(what‘s that?),when he enter any taverns

Every tavern gives him that? First thing that comes to mind is a missing texture (color(s)). A Screenshot would definitely help out.

caseymike1 said:
"get_object failed for texture:" is my problem

again, what were you doing when this error showed up. It would help with the details if you can give it since the error doesn't say anything to pinpoint it's location

~Dellivis~

Sorry for my briefness. What i did is when it was "Processing INI file" at launch it gave me that error and basically redownloading it and even redownloading the game did not work.

That's a lot of blinding text and I have reduced such a mess. If people want to see all of that verbiage they can open the spoiler. Do not change this back!-Auldman (Moderator)

Ok that seems to be a prob unknown what version you using?

Crashes:
-Upon randomizing my character's face when I picked any father except indians. CTD.

Companions
-I recruited Borcha, bahestrur, alayen, matheld, bunduk, firentis, lezalit, klethi, jeremus, artimenner (not using the Custom commander function on one companion place)
-Only matheld has the 100% bar and other functions as a companion and she follows me whenever I go to the tavern or tour the town which I liked haha.
-The others are like a normal troops wherein you can disband them. Also, they sometimes have generic faces and a flying foot? upon recruitment.

Gameplay
-Recruiters from island town willamstaad are stuck from within the island when recruiting (I think the solution is to borrow the "ship" mod of ROTK and let ONLY THEM use it) I assume it applies to other towns.
-Sarranid units are recruited from holland.
-Caravan ships traveling to some inland settlement. They are stuck indefinitely, unless raided, on the coast line lol.
-You can't buy ships from the Island Cities Although this is irrelevant.
-You can't Disembark on island city Port-au-prince even if you tried disembarking on nearby villages.
-You can't disembark on Island city Havana. In lieu, you have to disembark to its surrounding villages
-You can buy a ship on Richmond even though its an inland settlement.
-Go to "trapper's rendezvous" (aka salt mine) on the far north of the map. Talk to Berezan then try the 2nd option upon talking to him. You'll be buying normally from a town (It was Chocktaw in one of my cases) and you start after the "leave the area" boundary on that settlement.

Graphics
-ICONS of faction: Chicksaw, Creek, Holland, Iroquois, Santee sioux, Ojibway are either missing or out of place. (solution, copy and paste the icons from Europa Universalis III flag icons of the said nation)
-Spain has a wrong flag
-There's land on the far east of the map.
-One village near Port-au-prince is floating within the sea but, when I entered it, Its full of land. Unlike the training field on the sea which has ships.
-Holland and chocktaw has the same or nearly the same faction color.

Others:
-Unclickable Links of generals/lords in the character tabs (but they can be clicked under the factions tab)
-On the factions relations, under the "reports" tab, you'll see the upper portion named on the factions of calradia and the Icons of some factions are either misplaced or missing. (solution, copy and paste the icons from Europa Universalis III flag icons of the said nation)
-Spain still has a wrong flag
-Clicking the indian once as a father will fix your look in the character facial change as an indian.
-There are some powerful armors I think that's not intended to be in the game (like heraldry mail or some armor giving +58 body, +22 leg armor)
-Whenever I randomize Indians, there are some missing items specifically red hair?

I re-redownloaded the game and mod and now it seems to be all good for some reason. But when i took over a town,the holland one to be exact,well its name escapes my mind at the moment but whenever i try to enter my throne room the game crashes.

caseymike1 said:
I re-redownloaded the game and mod and now it seems to be all good for some reason. But when i took over a town,the holland one to be exact,well its name escapes my mind at the moment but whenever i try to enter my throne room the game crashes.

I took holland (wilamstaad) but I never encountered a crash in going the throne room. I did encounter one though on richmond and because I clicked YES on the companion at one place function. haha I thought I won't get some crash out of it. made me redo the game.

caseymike1 said:

Good to know atleast someone got  it to run Happy for you the other prob must be the game bug....

crash...after crash...after crash...after crash...after crash  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
about punched my computer because i wanted to play it so bad and it keeps crashing. in the fronteir one i cant even enter a battle without crashing. i can see the campaign map but i crash in battle. on this i cant even enter a tavern

A new version with bug-fixes is coming. We very clearly stated this was an early "testing" version. We are working on the mod, right now, this very day, and hoping to have a new more playable release very soon but no that version will not be 100% perfect or deliver new born ponies into the world but these things take time... :cool:

My game is always doing runtime error! Thats not the game, because I reinstal it and this freaking problem still. I'm working the game in Windows 7 ...
That problem appear in the battle. I have the same problem to the 1257 Anno Domini, and boths happen in the battle, especially when I met the enemy side/army. I don't know how to fix, trying everything but still not working.

I am having a problem with a bug. I have the get_object failed for texture issue. It occurs halfway through the loading screen at Processing INI File, and then it exits then game and the error shows. I have tried reinstalling the game and reinstalling the mod. None seem to work.

When I've finally choose the appearance of my character and his chatacteristics, when I click in "Continue" the game crashes and close.

I need help!

Alot of the uniforms are Black.Game Crashes When ever i attack someone with black uniform.Texture glitches...The map Turns Black after 3 Minutes...

TOPIC locked till next release.
We are aware of some big bugs, so pls stop listing them and wait next release, coming soon.

U N L O C K E D​

Thx for your patience and to Dellivis and to all ppl contributing :wink:

Gabby

Lots of Runtime errors =/ Different Situations, if i tried to start a seafight, if i besiege a town and if i fight against indians...

Finje said:
Lots of Runtime errors =/ Different Situations, if i tried to start a seafight, if i besiege a town and if i fight against indians...
Please be more specific and describe exactly all situations and add pics.
Otherwise there is no use to post. We just loose time to read and you to write..... :roll:
I personally tested this last version and is very stable....so has to be something you did wrong.
Gabby

--Please BEFORE reporting your "bugs" here, be sure it is a REAL bug and not just something you did not like or understand.

--PLS keep in mind, though, that you need a powerful pc for this mod. I personally have to play low/medium video performance with my cheap pc

In case of serious PC problems
[/b]

In order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again, when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag:
-If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 70. Even less, 60 or even 50!!!!! (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
I solved all my problems with this issue, and REMOVING BLOOD!!!!

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

.1st 
WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1755 MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD"  / "ENABLE CHEATS" (they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performances problem). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.
(It should be OFF for best performance)

.2nd
TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS, ALL OF THEM TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY
"MAX FRAME RATE" TO 60
"TREES DETAILS" AND ANY "SHADER/SHADOWS" TO MINIMUM
- Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma" of course....or your monitor will become BLACK! :grin:

.3rd 
TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

THX  :grin:

Gabrilduro and his team

IMPORTANT:

1776 OLD FRONTIER IS MADE TO RUN ONLY WITH ORIGINAL WAR BAND UPDATED TO V. 1. 143 or at least v. 1.134

This CTD when i first try to fight 12 looters...
I have 15 men...........................................................................

Comeon, it can't be my PC...I can play EVERY other M&B Mod without this hassle...(Except for American Frontier 1755 which CTD all the time for no reason).

When you talk about forced threading, should it be ticked?...or unticked?...(sorry but it isn't clear in the fixes section).

I hope a great looking mod isn't ruined because of the CTD issues.............................

Back
Top Bottom