Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

- Bugs -

Prison Rescues can't be completed at locations occupied by Highlanders, Desert Nomads and Black Khergits. Even after selecting the options to get the keys, you can't attack the guard.

Can't Siege Tihr when owned by Highlanders, option disappears. I can siege the other two castles they own but no option to siege town (both normal and cheat menu siege options not appearing)

Minor Faction reputation reset after finishing a mercenary contract. After completing a mercenary contract and choosing to become free of my bonds, several of the minor (not established) factions went from hostile to neutral. After being a mercenary for a few different factions, I found myself neutral to almost everything but the neutral faction, outlaws and adventurers. After double checking the reset might have occurred once the contract is accepted rather than when its completed.

Neutral faction (quest npcs) - Don't think its intended for you to lose rep with the quest npcs. Was trying to attempt a ransom quest for a village, unfortunately the miller's wife was faster than my party.... Since she is tied to the neutral fraction, she was hostile (had around -40 rep) and ran away from my party. I had to teleport cheat in order to catch her.

Sovereign relation report - Everything is fine till minor fractions start to establish themselves. Icons in the wrong locations, random text instead fraction names, can't scroll across. (These issues only apply to new fractions, default ones show fine)

Cow Herds - two things, one make them follow you.. Second I spawned a herd (GM Quest) out of Khudan and proceeded to guide it till my own vassal zoned in and attacked the herd. I've noticed this also happens on occasion when sending gifts to lords/towns, npcs that are neutral to the player will attack them (maybe wrong faction being assigned when spawned?). On a more amusing note after raging for a minute at my vassal, i figured what the heck and joined the battle, to my surprise instead of 32 cows in battle I was fighting 32 slaves which I guess technically in Calradia is a form of "livestock".

Outlaw doppelganger - Randomly found a party of 1 outlaw with 74 prisoners, figuring it was a lone survivor of a bigger party I attacked him (hey free troops). Much to my surprise instead interacting with some kind of outlaw I was interacting with a clone npc of myself (both before and during battle). Fortunately during battle my clone just stood there where he spawned till my troops killed him.

Village/Castle/Town Upgrades - Not sure if its intended but I sometimes get an announcement text line whenever an npc starts an upgrade for their fief. It doesn't tell me who issued the upgrade, just which upgrade and where.

Moving Court - unable to move my court from Khudan to Dhirim. Gave items need to move, selected option, after one month my court is still in Knudan. My wife disappeared for about a week then reappeared in Khudan. Didn't get to test to see if it worked before marriage.

Some things have already been mentioned: mills + towns, missing icons for some items, enterprises suddenly switching to store materials instead of selling.

- Suggestions -

Troop trees Report - Likely something that will be added in the future but will help if minor faction troops trees were available as well.

Train villagers to defend themselves (Quest) - Not sure if its possible to demount the bandits/outlaws just for this quest battle. Early game getting 20+ mounted bandits as your opponents is extremely rough unless you have high level mercs (which you probably won't because of their cost). Sadly got myself wiped out a few times because of bad luck with mounted spawns.

Player Faction/Freelancers - When establishing your own faction, it would be cool if had your own troop lines. Not sure on how much coding/editing is involves, if its too much work or will cause problem then another option would be expanding the Freelancer troop tree. In expanded floris I use the freelancers to fill gaps or roles in my army not filled by the faction troop lines. While I could use other fraction troops, freelancer lets me keep the core look/feel of army by selecting  armor/weapons similar to my fraction troops.

Balance - Some armor values may need tweaking, some higher tier units seem impossible to damage.

Batched/updated download - Either with every patch or every couple patches, release a fully updated download to give folks an easier time to try out the mod rather than having to download/install multiple files. Might also make it easier to identify a bug caused by the mod rather than a bug caused by a bad installation/update by the player.

Besides the occasional bug, I'm loving the mod.

Edited: spelling

Some Lords in my game permaremain inside someone castle even if they have a village with about 40-50 men... when you ask them what they are doing they answer you they are resting cause they need more men.
If you try to force them out with cheat menu it start saying party with commander missmatch.

I don't know if it's a bug or I'm just noob, but I'm going to report anyways; I can't become "ambusher".
pic related
KQjsjs9.jpg

It's probably not a bug. Freelancer doesn't allow to be promoted as a unit which default gear requires stats higher that yours.

Psychopompos said:
It's probably not a bug. Freelancer doesn't allow to be promoted as a unit which default gear requires stats higher that yours.
oh-ohhhhh
I see man. Thank you.
I feel so embarassed now.

Since i have been playing this amazing mod quite a while lately i would like to contribute my list of bugs and things in need of fixing/ suggestions since it seems Deathwisper is back working on the mod. I will maybe add more later.

There's of course the obvious one which is the screen after you help your lords against mercs(i get it exclusively when against mercs i believe) that you can't get out of other than by restarting the whole game, it reads something like 'i hope you have a lot of denars'. This is quite annoying when you have just fought say the steel company and its 800+ heavy armored cavalry units in the course of 30+ minutes.

Then there's how encumbrance affect riding skill. It only does so in battle and you can therefore equip a horse that you are not technically able to ride. If you get off it during battle you won't be able to get back on it.

Your treasury doesn't loose the money it should when you loose all your fiefs. In fact it doesn't loose any amount at all. Maybe there should be a warning somewhere (when it's fixed) stating that if you loose all of your fiefs you will loose 5/6 of the money in your treasury, since it came as an unwelcome surprise to me the first time arround.

Minor one: It seems when choosing your kingdom culture Loktin and Crusader have been switched arround so if you choose Loktin culture you will get Crusader units and vice versa

I also had a castle receive a huge garrison after i failed to capture it. It wen't from 300-400 units garrisoned to 1500+ out of seemingly nowhere. Luckily the garrison withered down to its original size after some time.

Any independent party, be it mercenaries or bandits does not seem to make use of the formations AI. I don't know if this is a bug or how it's meant to be.

Furthermore, when you help a village against mounted bandits(in my case a sibian army) the bandits are dismounted when fighting but your units are still on their mounts. i don't know if this is modspecific though.

Also i feel like the lords of the different factions don't use the faction culture units enough. All of my vassal have like 10-15 units of my chosen faction and 100+ units from their native faction. This makes the choosing of culture seem somewhat pointless since it doesn't seem to allow me to recruit any of my chosen culture units from my villages either only the native ones.

Patrols doesn't seem to work very well, most of the time they get stuck inside the city never doing any patrolling at all and not participating in battles. Sometimes they patrol a little though.

Another big one is that units get stuck under the ladders and different other places in sieges making these quite frustrating at times. Siege towers seem to work fine. After what i have been observing it's only archers and skirmish-type units that don't want to scale the ladders. Actually the skirmish-type ones are the worst. The archers you can get up by ordering them to hold position inside the keep.

Mentioned by others: Routed enemies follow you arround and join you in all your battles and everywhere you go. It's hard to get rid of them since they are mostly not visible on the world map.

This is not a bug but just a personal comment. I find the tournaments very hard in the beginning and mid-game. You do very little damage and everyone else does a lot of damage. Only now at lvl 41 i find them somewhat easy to win. But maybe this is how it should be. I just stayed far away from tournaments almost throughout my entire playthrough since everytime i tried one to see if they had gotten any easier with my level progression i was just completely stomped.

Minor: When you scroll through tournament standings the banners and faces/avatars of all the competitors change at random except yours.

I think the freelancers need at least one more step beyond Myrmidon since as is they are too weak compared to all the other high tier units to really be worth the trouble. Also more weapons to customize is a must. Maybe you should be able to give them weapons from your inventory or something like that.

The bandit lairs seem quite difficult to overcome unless you have some top tier units and are able to solo 20+ units

Final: Again this isn't so much a bug as a thing that need to be looked at or thought about. I have a hard time (no an impossible time) completing both the quest where the villagers need wood and the one where a lord needs peasant women. Wood is extremely hard to come by and to my knowledge the only way to recruit peasant women is in taverns. I wen't to all the taverns i could within the 15 day limit i didn't find one peasant women, and even though i had found some i doubt there would be enough to satisfy the lords demand for 14 of them.

Other recently mentioned  ones that i also experience and find worth mentioning:

Sovereign relation report is bugged when it comes to displaying new factions.

Outlaw doppelganger with 1 in party and a lot of prisoners. My vassals don't seem to be able to defeat it, no one does.

This is also an important one to fix: Enterprises suddenly switching to store materials instead of selling.

Anyway. Thanks for the awesome mod.

Thanks for the reports.

I've taken another look at the dialog bug after having helped a lord in battle, and it should be fixed now (it's still hard to know for sure without having testers though).

Fixed bugs :

- The upgrade path of highland sharpshooters.
- The patrol bug (they would go straight to the castle).
- Made lumber more common (it can also be found on forest bandits now).
- Changed the name of a texture that contained grün (the game doesn't recognize the ¨) so that it no longer provokes errors.
- Improved random battlefields once more. They now use the same code as in native and seem to be a lot less mountaineous. There is also a new option to remove the larger battlefields (replacing them with the native ones), even when the battles are big.
- Ending a mercenary contract doesn't change your reputation with minor factions to neutral anymore (unless they've taken a center and are considered as a "true" faction).
- You should now be able to attack guards of minor factions during a prison rescue in one of their centers.
- Improved the way the sovereign relations report handles new factions. There shouldn't be random meshes on the report screen anymore if new factions are present.

The skill penalty from encumbrance feature is a remnant from Floris which I haven't touched yet. Fortunately, it can be disabled if required.

So far no but i haven't played enough to really tell.

I am getting some weird texture glitch on some of the torso pieces worn by loktin riders and footman that turn all black and on some nord unit that turn bright white. The Kuyak is not displaying in inventory.

Also on a more general note i found that archery seems very bugged with no progression when you level up power draw or your profficiency. The reticule does not change/improve at all. Using different bows with different accuracy doesn't seem to matter either. Same with crossbows, no matter your profficiency they are very inaccurate. This was mentioned briefly by others but i think its worth revisiting since it makes playing a ranger-type character not possible or at least very undesirable.
Furthermore, my achery proficiency got reset to 100 randomly at one point.

Random thing I noticed on accident. It seems the "Old" modifier gives a glitched description.
1024x576.resizedimage

Deathwhisper said:
Do you still have the dialog bug after having helped a lord in battle with v0.62?

So far I've helped two lords fight Mercenary armies(It seems that these are the only armies that cause the glitched after battle dialogue). Nothing unusual happened the first time. The second time had the mercenary text given to me by Sultan Hakim. Thankfully though, I had the replies available and could leave the dialogue box without closing the game.

harlehus said:

I am getting some weird texture glitch on some of the torso pieces worn by loktin riders and footman that turn all black and on some nord unit that turn bright white. The Kuyak is not displaying in inventory.

Also on a more general note i found that archery seems very bugged with no progression when you level up power draw or your profficiency. The reticule does not change/improve at all. Using different bows with different accuracy doesn't seem to matter either. Same with crossbows, no matter your profficiency they are very inaccurate. This was mentioned briefly by others but i think its worth revisiting since it makes playing a ranger-type character not possible or at least very undesirable.

This is definitely worth looking into. Sometimes I find that my Power Draw or my Archery skill lose values randomly. Also, sometimes I can't level up my Power Draw even though my character is strong enough for a stat increase.

Another thing is that I would definitely like to see some more of the armors get feminized. Most of the better armors, like the pifangs, the plate armors, and the champion armors don't have any female models associated with them.

iStealth2387 said:
harlehus said:

This is definitely worth looking into. Sometimes I find that my Power Draw or my Archery skill lose values randomly. Also, sometimes I can't level up my Power Draw even though my character is strong enough for a stat increase.

Another thing is that I would definitely like to see some more of the armors get feminized. Most of the better armors, like the pifangs, the plate armors, and the champion armors don't have any female models associated with them.

I'll take a look at the issue with ranged weapons. According to previous reports, it seems to be linked to the fact that weapons deal a lot more damage than in native (higher damage means lower accuracy). It should be fixable by increasing the player's accuracy, but I don't know whether it's possible to make the bonus depend on the weapon's damage (so that you don't get pinpoint accuracy with low damage weapons).

Feminizing armors would require a modeler (I haven't got the skills for that). Unfortunately I'm the only one working on the mod at the moment.

Deathwhisper said:
iStealth2387 said:
harlehus said:

I'll take a look at the issue with ranged weapons. According to previous reports, it seems to be linked to the fact that weapons deal a lot more damage than in native (higher damage means lower accuracy). It should be fixable by increasing the player's accuracy, but I don't know whether it's possible to make the bonus depend on the weapon's damage (so that you don't get pinpoint accuracy with low damage weapons).

Feminizing armors would require a modeler (I haven't got the skills for that). Unfortunately I'm the only one working on the mod at the moment.

Thanks for your reply. It's ok if you can't feminize some of the high tier armors. I think you could just take some of the armor models that are already done and make them into high tier armors. Currently, it's difficult to find high tier models that are feminized.

- Noticed that sometimes when you buy a business in a town it will start off being set to not sell produced items straight away resulting in loss of income that can hurt early in the game.

- Some new castles has dungeon door halfway below ground and finding the angle to get to enter them is not easy :/

- Is it intentional that mostly when an invading force is spawned they just roam the map until they get picked off slowly during a few weeks instead of trying to capture a castle/town first thing they do?

- AI running into walls during sieges instead of climbing ladders.

- When pressing TAB during a battle me and my mount starts to recieve bleeding damage and loose a large chunk of health instantly which during long battles is not pleasant :sad:

Love the mod though <3

Deathwhisper said:
Thanks for the reports.

I've taken another look at the dialog bug after having helped a lord in battle, and it should be fixed now (it's still hard to know for sure without having testers though).

Fixed bugs :

- The upgrade path of highland sharpshooters.
- The patrol bug (they would go straight to the castle).
- Made lumber more common (it can also be found on forest bandits now).
- Changed the name of a texture that contained grün (the game doesn't recognize the ¨) so that it no longer provokes errors.
- Improved random battlefields once more. They now use the same code as in native and seem to be a lot less mountaineous. There is also a new option to remove the larger battlefields (replacing them with the native ones), even when the battles are big.
- Ending a mercenary contract doesn't change your reputation with minor factions to neutral anymore (unless they've taken a center and are considered as a "true" faction).
- You should now be able to attack guards of minor factions during a prison rescue in one of their centers.
- Improved the way the sovereign relations report handles new factions. There shouldn't be random meshes on the report screen anymore if new factions are present.

The skill penalty from encumbrance feature is a remnant from Floris which I haven't touched yet. Fortunately, it can be disabled if required.

I am very confused about this patrol thing I made a thread for it but I will also post it here - Ive sent and fiddled with the patrols for a while and cant figure out how to make them do anything. They just go inside the place you send them to and if theres anyone along the way they will engage them but once they are inside they dont do anything and will sit there even if it gets looted until ordered to come out via the text menu to move to a different place.

I dont get it am I missing something or is it a bug (Guess it is still bugged in the current version if a hotfix would be possible thatd be awesome!)

Got 2 weird bugs in 0.62:

- Freelancers set as infantry somehow spawning with horses; they also will mount any horses they can find on the battlefield. So far I have only seen the bottom regular Freelancers do this.

- Randomly getting close-quarters spawn; like all my troops and all the enemy troops spawn together in a huge mob in the bottom left corner of the map in field battles. It only happens with certain enemies on certain places on the map.

i'm having a problem to where I get my throwing to 225 or so it goes back to 185, I got max proficiencies atm so that may be why I got 3 weapon master and everything is 181-220 or so. I got 600 unassigned and I have a feeling they rise up when my stats are reset but I cannot confirm atm

I also have the problem where sometimes both me and my enemy spawn right beside each other, not a giant problem I actually think it can be fun but it's always at the very edge of a map and if a unit takes damage they seem to route quite often

edited, was making a post forgot about the bugs section

here's my list of bugs I have noticed so far.

1st bug :
Faction relation report is bugged. it will list the 6 main factions across the top, then shows deserters, and your followers.
those last two will sometimes change. 
the last column is your followers with only half the text being shown below it.
top to bottom looks ok though.

2nd bug : random unable to find mesh horse_c

3rd bug : no pictures when viewing village initial screen.

4th bug : multiple factions will declare peace or other things at the same time with a same faction. so far I have only seen it with the minor ones.

5th bug: dye enterprise isn't always profitable, I read that it's a result of them not selling the product. I will double check, I thought it was a feature to make the profitable enterprises different.

6th bug : Jumnan lords will appear on map and won't move, saw it happen twice. other parties will run away from them, but they just sit there.

7th bug : some battles will throw my troops in a corner by a deep river ditch or near a ditch. battle areas on map have too many different terrain types at the same time.
I have see more maps with hills and deep river ditches than anything else. would be nice to have the battle maps make more sense... if I am on the swadian plains, why are there hills and rivers all over ?  battle I am in right now was on coast of nordic area, a little inland... and the battle map is all mountains and paths.

Back
Top Bottom