Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Trechor said:
Remove lockpicking sounds
No, the current behaviour is as intended. The sound only happens when you fail, is the only direct drawback of the action, and is necessary for other players to recognise what you are doing (since they can't see your character's hands moving near the lock, or hear more realistic rattling and scraping sounds during the process).

Vornne said:
Trechor said:
Remove lockpicking sounds
No, the current behaviour is as intended. The sound only happens when you fail, is the only direct drawback of the action, and is necessary for other players to recognise what you are doing (since they can't see your character's hands moving near the lock, or hear more realistic rattling and scraping sounds during the process).

Meh, alright then. Its just impossible to rob a castle when it actually has players in it because of this, unless they are all new and they have no idea about lockpicking. Maybe you could just lower the distance its heard? I don't know if this is possible.

1-Polearm overhead thrust for both One-Handed(spear with a shield) and Two-Handed (pikes and other no shield polearms)

2-When you drop a pavise it will deployed

I have a suggestion for the mod  :smile: Can u make an assassin class maybe it would be really cool I think :smile: that the class can poison weapons but if u think it's not so good for this mod some more poisoned weapons would be cool like poisoned bolts/arrows :smile: 

THX for ur attention

Yes u can find Poisoned dagger but if u want to assassinate some one with it u will die ....... -.- that's reason why I think it should give more poisoned weapons and not only a dagger. a poisoned arrows/bolts wouold be really cool or  a blowpip :smile: and an assassin class is not useless if u make the right skill but it must be expensive and balanced ( 24strenght but 0 ironflash or something like this)  because u can find many assassins in the game and a own class for them would be nice and really cool....... :wink:

Think about that assassins go tincan and get great swords and kill everyone with 1 swing. And they are not adding additional items  to vanilla items (poisoned dagger is a exception)

Handcuffs would be amazing tho.

Or a anti-virus that deletes all angry kids and trolls and lannisters.
Something like Nurnberg Trials needed for lannies. İ am sure most of them will get permban

I hope. Some Lannisters are very kind but the most of them .... -.- But plllls make an Assassin class very much people will thank u if u make it (or more poisoned weapons :grin: ). I mean if u go as tincan and then u are an assassin ... wtf a tincan assassin ? rly? :grin: How I said make an assassin class or add more poisoned items :smile:  :smile: and I must say Handcuff's are a vetry great idia

İ never see a kind lannister. All of them are: Halt, show money pouch, give all, now get the f*ck out from our castle and horsebumps. And assassuns... Well is there a rule that a assassin must wear cloth ? You gave them very high strengh that they can wear all armor. When you go tincan and take 2 shield and 1 onehanded weapon or bastard sword, you are invinceble

Levy_Phillip_Lannister is kind but in the other points I agree with u. And yes their is no rule that assassins must wear cloth but ... a fulltank assassin ? I don't know it don't feel like a real assassin

Hello!

I have a serious problem that persists, i cant get into the server. I hope someone could help me , or maybe someone had similar problem (I do not hope that!) :smile:

I launch PW 4.5 and everything is fine, I can get into all other servers except for Calradian Roleplay server and Eu Oasis for some reason. (Two servers I play on )

For Calradian Roleplay server when I click connect it takes me to the menu where I have to click join game then nothing happens waiting for few sec I get a message saying connection to server is lost.

If I Connect to Eu_Oasis (These are the only servers that are not working for I also do have Napoleonic wars dlc every server works fine for me...)
When I click connect it says "downloading map 0%" . For about 30 sec.

After that it throws me error message: "connection to server is lost".

I tried:

Deleting and re-downloading PW 4.5.

Deleting local content of MBW and reinstalling.

Searched module folder for weird files and deleted some scn files, that came back after.

Its weird that how I could connect and play the game before and now I cant for some reason I tried mostly everything if anyone got any idea please help.
Can anybody think of any solutions?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hey guys, I have a problem with my game and the mod Persistant World. I can play the Native game just fine, but when I try to start the game with the mod Persistant World my game craches in the loading screen. Then it says : Unable to open file :Module/PW_4.5.1/Ressource/pw_shaders.brf

I tried reinstal it many times. Lower graphics and stuff, but nothing works. I have a i7 4970k 4.0 ghz, Geforce GTX 970, 16 ram. I can run The Witchers 3 at high settings.

Thans you for you help guys.

Hello, just installed your awesome mod! I only have one problem, I have a small black srceen welcoming me to the mod each time I join the server. It seems like some type of graphical bug and I cant seem to fix it. Any suggestions?

Trechor said:
Meh, alright then. Its just impossible to rob a castle when it actually has players in it because of this, unless they are all new and they have no idea about lockpicking. Maybe you could just lower the distance its heard? I don't know if this is possible.
Unfortunately the M&B 3D positional audio system leaves much to be desired, so it seems the sounds can be made to be heard all over the scene, or almost inaudible even when right next to the source (the volume doesn't fall off with distance appropriately, especially noticable with large scenes and sounds like horse galloping); the sound system also doesn't take into account walls in between. Maybe the sound could be made a bit quieter overall, though.
Arel37 said:
1-Polearm overhead thrust for both One-Handed(spear with a shield) and Two-Handed (pikes and other no shield polearms)
The mods that implement those alternate spear animations are generally focused on an earlier historical period, so they sacrifice animations for other weapon types in exchange, such as two handed or one handed sword stabs (combat animations are hard coded in this engine: you can't add new, only replace and swap around). This mod is focused on adding new game modes using the Native Warband setting and combat system (with slight tweaks); for other settings and combat system changes see other mods based on PW.
Arel37 said:
2-When you drop a pavise it will deployed
That method spawns an unbounded number of scene props based on player actions, which is a very bad idea for this type of game mode: I have explained the reasons in detail many times in this thread, and the summary is that it causes crippling lag over time.
Don4Key said:
I have a suggestion for the mod  Can u make an assassin class maybe it would be really cool I think that the class can poison weapons but if u think it's not so good for this mod some more poisoned weapons would be cool like poisoned bolts/arrows
I generally try to keep quite a factual and realistic feel with the troop types and items, not catering specifically for things that tend towards fantasy: a realistic assassin would be much the same as any other footman, archer, or what have you, the "assassin" part based on what they did rather than anything special about what they are. People are still free to invent whatever special character style they want, and then try play it out. Poison arrows were never implemented because of game engine limitations: they could be used with any bow, and the module system operations dealing with ammo are not very robust, meaning that there are many possible ways of duping arrows for an unlimited highly effective weapon.
pacte22 said:
I can play the Native game just fine, but when I try to start the game with the mod Persistant World my game craches in the loading screen. Then it says : Unable to open file :Module/PW_4.5.1/Ressource/pw_shaders.brf
Does that file exist in your PW module installation? Are you using Windows or the Steam Mac / Linux version?

Don't double or triple post the same message to multiple places: it makes me less inclined to try help.
32lemontree said:
I only have one problem, I have a small black srceen welcoming me to the mod each time I join the server. It seems like some type of graphical bug and I cant seem to fix it. Any suggestions?
You might be meaning the local / faction chat overlay: either press F10 to toggle it, or use the action menu (default key "c"). The chat overlay is useful for seeing the last chat messages near your character, even if they scroll off the normal chat area quickly from lots of death messages or global chat spam. You can also edit the character profile you use to play PW - where in Native you would select your personal banner, in PW you can set some configuration options that will be applied each time you start the game (but bear in mind that you will get error messages and a different banner if you use that profile for Native or another mod afterwards).

Does that file exist in your PW module installation? Are you using Windows or the Steam Mac / Linux version?

There I hope it can help you.

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.168

-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 4095MB/4096MB
-- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (GenuineIntel)
- L2 cache size: 256K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT
- Number of CPUs: 8 ( Speed: ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- Texture Memory: 4095 ( Available Texture Memory: 4064 )

Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
Module_name =  Persistent_World
Num Hints =  22
Setting Map Min X =  -180.000000
Setting Map Max X =  180.000000
Setting Map Min Y =  -145.000000
Setting Map Max Y =  145.000000
Setting Time Multiplier =  0.250000
Setting Seeing Range Multiplier =  6.500000
Setting Track Spotting Multiplier =  0.800000
Setting player_wounded_treshold =  5.000000