Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

There you go :razz:

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.168

-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 4095MB/4096MB
-- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (GenuineIntel)
- L2 cache size: 256K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT
- Number of CPUs: 8 ( Speed: ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- Texture Memory: 4095 ( Available Texture Memory: 4064 )

Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
Module_name =  Persistent_World
Num Hints =  22
Setting Map Min X =  -180.000000
Setting Map Max X =  180.000000
Setting Map Min Y =  -145.000000
Setting Map Max Y =  145.000000
Setting Time Multiplier =  0.250000
Setting Seeing Range Multiplier =  6.500000
Setting Track Spotting Multiplier =  0.800000
Setting player_wounded_treshold =  5.000000
Setting hero_wounded_treshold =  15.000000
Setting Skill Prisoner Management Bonus =  5
Setting Skill Leadership Bonus =  3
Setting Base Companion Limit =  20
Setting player_xp_multiplier =  2.000000
Setting hero_xp_multiplier =  2.000000
Setting regulars_xp_multiplier =  3.000000
Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold =  3.000000
Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold_mp =  1.000000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_cut =  0.800000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_pierce =  0.650000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_blunt =  0.500000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.000000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce =  0.500000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt =  0.750000
Setting horse_charge_damage_multiplier =  1.000000
Setting couched_lance_damage_multiplier =  0.650000
Setting fall_damage_multiplier =  1.500000
Setting shield_penetration_offset =  30.000000
Setting shield_penetration_factor =  3.000000
Setting missile_damage_speed_power =  1.900000
Setting melee_damage_speed_power =  2.000000
Setting multiplayer_walk_enabled =  1
Setting mission_object_prune_time =  600
Scan Module Textures =  1
Scan Module Sounds =  1
Loading Module Resource  pw_shaders
ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/PW_4.5.1/Resource/pw_shaders.brf

I tried to change the module name for 4.5. and it did not work. And I tried to chnage it in the log, and it did not work either. :sad:

All right. There you go

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.168

-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 4095MB/4096MB
-- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (GenuineIntel)
- L2 cache size: 256K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT
- Number of CPUs: 8 ( Speed: ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz / ~3998MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- Texture Memory: 4095 ( Available Texture Memory: 4064 )

Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
Module_name =  Persistent_World
Num Hints =  22
Setting Map Min X =  -180.000000
Setting Map Max X =  180.000000
Setting Map Min Y =  -145.000000
Setting Map Max Y =  145.000000
Setting Time Multiplier =  0.250000
Setting Seeing Range Multiplier =  6.500000
Setting Track Spotting Multiplier =  0.800000
Setting player_wounded_treshold =  5.000000
Setting hero_wounded_treshold =  15.000000
Setting Skill Prisoner Management Bonus =  5
Setting Skill Leadership Bonus =  3
Setting Base Companion Limit =  20
Setting player_xp_multiplier =  2.000000
Setting hero_xp_multiplier =  2.000000
Setting regulars_xp_multiplier =  3.000000
Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold =  3.000000
Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold_mp =  1.000000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_cut =  0.800000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_pierce =  0.650000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_blunt =  0.500000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.000000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce =  0.500000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt =  0.750000
Setting horse_charge_damage_multiplier =  1.000000
Setting couched_lance_damage_multiplier =  0.650000
Setting fall_damage_multiplier =  1.500000
Setting shield_penetration_offset =  30.000000
Setting shield_penetration_factor =  3.000000
Setting missile_damage_speed_power =  1.900000
Setting melee_damage_speed_power =  2.000000
Setting multiplayer_walk_enabled =  1
Setting mission_object_prune_time =  600
Scan Module Textures =  1
Scan Module Sounds =  1
Loading Module Resource  pw_shaders
ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/PW_4.5/Resource/pw_shaders.brf

Help!

When i try to use faction chat, local chat etc expect global i type something in i hit enter and it does not enter,
I am currently playing on a mac,
If anyone could help me as this is kinda a big problem,
q,i,backspace wont enter the message when i type it,
so if anyone could give me any advice/fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I juste downloaded WinRAR. So instead of using RAR opener I used WinRAR and it worked. lol Thx you for all your support guys !!! Have a great time

Hello, i have a problem with a map i created and i hope you could help me how to fix it.

The problem is when i get on the map on PW 4.5 i have like no sounds in game, i can't hear when i'm swinging my sword, my horse riding, buying sounds , etc ...
(i can only hear the fire burning, my character jumping and the grunts when i'm punching the wind)

Map is called : The Third Age on moddb

I dont know what causes those missing sounds.  :sad:

The map was started on PW 4.4 and finished on PW 4.5, i'm not sure this could cause the issue since the sounds used should be the same.
Does the fact that there are interiors rooms and tunnels outside the map might cause this ?

Please if anyone has any ideas how to fix it.
I hope i dont have to remake the entire map  :cry:
(cause it's really big, like it got so many props i think i reach the maximum amount of props, if i added anymore props the game crashed when i wanted to save)

Cordially,

Grumpy

Hello, thanks for you response.

It seems like you were right, i had to delete a certain amount of scene object until the sounds missing bug is gone.

In other words you can't make a map too much detailed in every corners ... quite a shame but what can you do ....

Thank you again for the solution  :wink:

First of all, congratulations. Best Warband mod ever  :!:

Suggestion:

I recently made a suggestion regarding lowering stock limits in order to revitalize server economy in EU_Phoenix.

The reply was:
It's not possible to limit weapon/armour/horse stockpiles, and ressource stockpiles can be capped at 100 minimum.

Could this be made moddable in the next version, please? If it's not too much trouble?

Thank you again and keep up the good work :smile:

Item stockpiles are virtually limited by the target stock count; When it's reached, it should no longer be profitable to craft more items. If it is, then the scene design/resource prices have to change, as the refund does not reflect the value of the resources.

With var1 being factions and price and var2 being target stock count, there would need to be changes to the target stock count setup (by e.g. making it work the same way as resource stockpile) to give scene creators that option in the first place. However, I don't think that this change would be worth the trouble, as the scene would ideally be set up in a way that does not reward you for crafting endlessly.

Try to give them good suggestions about resource prices/locations and item target stock counts instead.

Pendanyk said:
Item stockpiles are virtually limited by the target stock count; When it's reached, it should no longer be profitable to craft more items. If it is, then the scene design/resource prices have to change, as the refund does not reflect the value of the resources.

With var1 being factions and price and var2 being target stock count, there would need to be changes to the target stock count setup (by e.g. making it work the same way as resource stockpile) to give scene creators that option in the first place. However, I don't think that this change would be worth the trouble, as the scene would ideally be set up in a way that does not reward you for crafting endlessly.

Try to give them good suggestions about resource prices/locations and item target stock counts instead.

The problem is not only profitability, but availability as well.

The thing is, resource stockpiles limits are far bigger than is truly necessary to keep a castle supplied, which results in the first ones to fill the stocks making all the money and the latecomers finding the stocks full and therefore unable to make any profit of their own. This makes commoners an unwanted class, since factions are self-sufficient and have no need of commoners wandering about their lands. This makes casual players lose interest in the game and causes servers to die a slow but sure death...

If the stockpile limits were lowered, factions would need to resupply their castles more often, possibly even in the middle of a war. Reassigning faction members from soldier duties to commoner ones would be highly undesirable in such scenario, thus allowing commoners to fill the gap they were intended to in the first place.

Also, regarding item stockpiles, the issue is that, while crafting above the "soft" limit is unprofitable, selling items above isn't. This causes stockpiles to raise to abnormally high levels in case of a successful war, where the victorious factions return to their castles and sell the excess horses, armors and weapons. The biggest factions thus have the advantage here, since they can easily re-gear their defeated soldiers in an ongoing war. Also, it removes the need of commoner smiths helping stock an armory/stable of warring factions, since the stocks are already full. There are two possible solutions: a "hard" limit on item stock OR a diminishing selling price for stocks above the "soft" limit. Then facions would either need to rely more heavily on commoners OR to conquer additional castles, in order to have access to extra stockpiles.

These measures would help with immersion: as factions choose one method or the other, commoners gain a more prominent role AND wars gain an economic dimension as well, as opposed to the current "i'm bored, let's conquer a castle. Success! GG guys, cya tomorrow. *logs off*". There's only so many of these "boredom wars" one can do before losing interest in PW entirely...

It's been demonstrated that limiting the maximum stocks has a backwards effect on labor classes: if there is a limit of 100 iron ores then the engineer can only make 100 iron ore worth of materials and a miner can only mine 100 iron ores worth. This artificially limits the ingame economy by restricting the transfer of goods from ore rock to gear.

However, a considerably stronger effect on the ingame economy is the infinite supply of money via banks and infinite supply of gear via gear saving. There is little to no demand for new gear because one set of gear could shuffle hands many times, reducing the need for engineers and thus reducing the need for miners. It inevitably leads to the scenario where everyone has everything they want and there is no reason to go to war other than boredom.

Servers need to make a stand. It is quite obvious that the broken systems added on does not work in the long run, no matter what else the server does. In addition, servers have halted the production of fresh maps. I am absolutely disgusted to log onto current servers still running maps that were new when I ran a server 2 years ago. There is no innovation, no creativity, nothing new and nothing fresh to draw in fresh players and keep things interesting.

Splintert said:
However, a considerably stronger effect on the ingame economy is the infinite supply of money via banks and infinite supply of gear via gear saving. There is little to no demand for new gear because one set of gear could shuffle hands many times, reducing the need for engineers and thus reducing the need for miners. It inevitably leads to the scenario where everyone has everything they want and there is no reason to go to war other than boredom.

Servers need to make a stand. It is quite obvious that the broken systems added on does not work in the long run, no matter what else the server does. In addition, servers have halted the production of fresh maps. I am absolutely disgusted to log onto current servers still running maps that were new when I ran a server 2 years ago. There is no innovation, no creativity, nothing new and nothing fresh to draw in fresh players and keep things interesting.

While I agree with you, I think that's something that won't be leaving PW ever again. Even if you could convince most servers to ditch the scripts, all it would take was one server that offered these scripts and all the players would flock there. Virtually all players have gotten too used to these scripts to now accept playing without them.

The best that can be done is to try and make a game economy where money isn't the be all, end all. My suggestions are geared towards making resource availability important enough to be fought over and allow the commoners to have a place in the midst of the ensuing chaos...

Splintert said:
It's been demonstrated that limiting the maximum stocks has a backwards effect on labor classes: if there is a limit of 100 iron ores then the engineer can only make 100 iron ore worth of materials and a miner can only mine 100 iron ores worth. This artificially limits the ingame economy by restricting the transfer of goods from ore rock to gear.

With banks now commonplace, there needs to be "artificial" restrictions on the economy, because if there aren't, then we might as well accept that most servers will die one year after their start, when people are so rich that there's just no point keeping on playing...

The problem with high limit stock (100 or more...) is that you assume factions won't fill them if you set them that high... They will, and everyone else will remain as poor as if you had set the limit at 20. I think that the solution, rather than making the stocks high enough that factions won't bother to fill them (still won't work, since factions don't just let commoners stroll about their castles), is making them low enough that they risk running out during a war, forcing factions to rely on commoners to restock their castles (because to use their own faction members would be to sacrifice needed soldiers, which isn't a very good strategy...).

But they never need to restock because of the infinite gear floating around.

A stock limit accomplishes very little to prevent anything if there is still infinite money and infinite gear available at any given time. Money and gear saving stop any economy from functioning; the money is worthless and there is no incentive to work. You could maybe get it to work if you ran the no-money game mode, but then since there's nothing to hoard there's no incentive to do anything either. And you'd still have the infinite gear problem.

"Commoner" isn't supposed to have a place in the game, really. They're a transitional phase between factions. Labor classes are supposed to work for their faction and eventually they've earned enough money to afford gear to fight, where new players who just log in replace them as labor classes. When everyone has infinite money and infinite gear, no one needs to be labor classes because there is no reason to be.

Splintert said:
But they never need to restock because of the infinite gear floating around.

A stock limit accomplishes very little to prevent anything if there is still infinite money and infinite gear available at any given time. Money and gear saving stop any economy from functioning; the money is worthless and there is no incentive to work. You could maybe get it to work if you ran the no-money game mode, but then since there's nothing to hoard there's no incentive to do anything either. And you'd still have the infinite gear problem.

"Commoner" isn't supposed to have a place in the game, really. They're a transitional phase between factions. Labor classes are supposed to work for their faction and eventually they've earned enough money to afford gear to fight, where new players who just log in replace them as labor classes. When everyone has infinite money and infinite gear, no one needs to be labor classes because there is no reason to be.

Gear does disappear. Not nearly as fast as desirable, but it still happens. Nothing is 100% saved during wars. There's always weapons and armors that no one wants, or whose owners died in secluded castle spots and the attackers forget to retrieve the gear. Also, winning factions often carry away loot that they don't really need and can't be sold in their own castles, so it ends up lost in server resets. And horses get killed a lot, so they're still subject to supply/demand. Arrows can't be sold, so they are a net money sink. Not everything is doom and gloom :grin:

With the advent of scripts, commoners were made useless. However, in light of those very scripts, commoners are now more essential than ever, and thus should be encouraged. Only from those lower classes will new factions emerge, eager to overthrow the oppressive but stagnant factions. They'll be the ones to provide reasons for factions not to remain too complacent. They're needed to add dynamism to the now inevitably script-full PW servers. They just need the means to compete, and I'm trying to suggest changes that allow commoners to have a more significant role in server economies so that they have those very means.

PW is already dying. The current status quo is slowly but assuredly killing it. We don't have that much to lose by experimenting then...

Back
Top Bottom