Bringing armoured horses to what they were in MB

Users who are viewing this thread

dochtorgajo

Squire
Good day.

Id like to ask where should I look when Id like to mod how much a horse slows down after hitting a person and how fast will will it stop when charging.

Or which numbers alter this? Why is there so little difference between lightest unarmoured horses and heavily armoured charger unlike it was in original MB where light horse stops after hitting maybe second guy but warhorse and alike were able to quite nicely plow through whole formation as it should be?

Also AFAIK in MB speed needed for couching lance was derived as percentage of horses speed, not as an absolute number. (which was much better) is there a way to implement this in Warband as well? Why so many bad changes to things that worked really well?

Can this be edited for each horse individually by item editor or is there some other .txt I should look into?

Code:
horse_charge_damage_multiplier        = 1.0
couched_lance_damage_multiplier       = 0.65
In M&B 1.011, couched_lance_damage_multiplier was set to 0.75. In addition, I wasn't aware of the percentage requirement in the original. As for the horses, try increasing the charge value for each horse to decrease stoppage, and lowering the damage multiplier to compensate.

Thx for your reply. :grin:

I dont know if that speed reqirement is like this. So far Ive tryed really high armour and charge values for a horse (3x the original for example) and all it did was that I was able to move further but very slowly.

Which .txt would contain information about how fast horse looses speed when trampling an enemy or is it hardcoded and impossible to change? What would it depend on? In MB trampling damage was roughly the same anyway there was great difference in how horses were able to get through enemies.

What about dealing damage to a horse? When I charge into group of enemies horse stops sometimes faster sometimes later, anyway damage dealt doesnt seem to influence this.

Charge damage definitely affects charge-through percentages, but the multiplier in module.ini is the key.  Try raising it to 6 and see what that does.

There was no difference, horse still walks slowly after riding over first few men and then stops. I just wanted to see if it really was different in MB and just ridden over 60 brigadiers of radiant cross with ease and almost no slow down in teatrc :grin: So its huge difference.

It's both the mult and the damage.  I said that the mult is the key because of how the formula works:

speed_mult X horse_mult X damage X armor_soak - armor_reduction = result

If > 0, then horse runs enemy over.  If > armor value, damage is dealt.  If lower than or equal to 0, then the horse stops.

Set a horse to have a damage of 50, put the mult on 4, and it will behave like TEARC's horses do, if not better (I've never played it, so I have no idea).

You need to change damage and horse_charge_damage_multiplier.  If it's still not working, it's because you did something incorrectly- that's all there is to change, other than speed.

Thx for the formula. :grin:

Well horse is able to go anyway it goes very slowly unlike MB where horse kept decent speed. So it goes very slowly and once stopped it cant move unless every little pebble is moved from its way. Is there any way to change this? I tested it for values up to 10 and 88.

Might I ask whats formula calculating thus horse stops in MB? because values are quite similar anyway with different results.

Is minimal horse speed I need to reach if I want to couch a lance moddable?

Back
Top Bottom