Bows are WAY too accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Aye i'm done arguing with you, obviously it's pointless. You're of the few people that think bows and archers don't need nerfs apparently even though it's painfully obvious for most people that they do. Archers make up like 15% of my army composition and get like 80% of the kills at the end of any fight no matter the numbers.

Aye i'm done arguing with you, obviously it's pointless. You're of the few people that think bows and archers don't need nerfs apparently even though it's painfully obvious for most people that they do. Archers make up like 15% of my army composition and get like 80% of the kills at the end of any fight no matter the numbers.
Oh cant beat facts? No suprise. I have had no problem ingame with or without archers or fighting against them with none on my side. Maybe its just your tactics?

Oh cant beat facts? No suprise. I have had no problem ingame with or without archers or fighting against them with none on my side. Maybe its just your tactics?
mhm ok the elitist tactics argument lmao, idk how many times i've heard people say that now. if I can beat a 500 man army with 30 guys my tactics are fine thanks

This dude comes pretty close:

Is this a joke? xDD
In the video he has like first like 50 and then even more FIAN CHAMPIONS which are hero units with max archery and noble longbows. Its a bit different if you abuse the game like that.

One issue is there is no penalty for retreating currently along with archers being op af (especially battanian archers), you can just line up your 20, 30, 40, 50 archers and fire away... when cav or infantry finally closes in then just retreat and start the fight all over again. You can literally take an army of any size in the game this way with like 5-10 casualties/wounded.

Is this a joke? xDD
In the video he has like first like 50 and then even more FIAN CHAMPIONS which are hero units with max archery and noble longbows. Its a bit different if you abuse the game like that.
Well they are archers at the end of the day :razz: But yeah it is an extreme situation. :smile:

Yes they do slip and penetrate, i dont say they shall not do damage. Its their damage OUT OF LINE. Just reduce it to warband level, it was from 21 to 50 if im not mistaken. And no, Arrow have far less kinetic energy. 200 gramm arrow times 75m/s gives 15 N. Sword 1,5 kg times 20 m/s gives 30 N. There two weapons with OUT OF LINE damage, bows and glave swing. These things should be brought in line.
That's too much speed for an arrow, it should be around 50m/s for a high end bows.

Yes arrows can still hit and pierce the gaps even when you have full plate. If you havent noticed the shields are no longer arrow magnets like in warband.
And I say this again read carefully: the armor such as lamellar and coat of plates are way efficient at protecting the target from sword and axe hits which slice. My character has low onehanded and still easily 2 hits every armor opponent by 2 thrusts from sword which pierces.

Also I have never one hit enemy with bow or crossbow at any range if the enemy has semi decent armor and I dont hit them in the NECK OR HEAD. If you havent noticed if nothing is covering the neck there is no armor there.
Take a 2h spear and stab enemy with it in the head, even with good skill points it takes 2-3 hits. With a bow, you can OHK if you hit head. Of 1 headshot 1 body shot. Just look at stats. Even a common bow is 66 pierce, which is pretty much top for any melee weapon.

That's too much speed for an arrow, it should be around 50m/s for a high end bows.
umm where is your proof?
Longbows shoot around 65 to 75 m/s with heavy arrows and mongol, korean, chinese bows shoot close to 80-95 m/s depending on the arrow.

Take a 2h spear and stab enemy with it in the head, even with good skill points it takes 2-3 hits. With a bow, you can OHK if you hit head. Of 1 headshot 1 body shot. Just look at stats. Even a common bow is 66 pierce, which is pretty much top for any melee weapon.
Yup I dont deny that they should buff many polearm especially spear damage to bodyparts like head or neck.

This is my personal opinion but for me, while aiming with bows, there should be some sort of sway related to breathing and tension of the string. I don't like static aim crosshair with a randomizer for the precision of the arrow.

Same here. I think skill should also affect the level of swaying and the aim. The better you are, the better you can control your arm and steady the aim, both faster and for longer. Different bows have different difficulty, depending on skill and strength.

Archers definitely need rebalancing. An even bigger problem than that are Forest Bandits. Their durability and range are better than few times ranked up Archers.

My proof is recording with modern equipment. And yours?
Yeah show me where before you call bs?
Here is my proof:
AND THOSE ARE NOT EVEN WAR BOWS the highest poundage is 55 pounds. English longbow and mongol composite bows war variants are 90-140lb

Yeah show me where before you call bs?
Here is my proof:
AND THOSE ARE NOT EVEN WAR BOWS the highest poundage is 55 pounds. English longbow and mongol composite bows war variants are 90-140lb
The highest number is:

13​
033​

Hickory, Purpleheart, Lemonwood​
76"​
31"​
64lb​
183​

which is roughly 50m/s.

So you just assume that a 120lbs bow would shoot 50% faster?

Back
Top Bottom