Block Delay

Users who are viewing this thread

This horse has already been beaten a million times I know. But I am currently making a list of everyone who hates it and seeing if the list can get big enough to actually do anything iv been making the list for roughly 1-2 hours and its at 130 people, So I thought id quicken the pace a tiny bit if you want it removed plz just type "I want block delay removed" and comment it and we good.

Edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WUtmM_8qeJ7KDaVNusBVw3EBUS3eMC-6t_ixyBwzLA4/edit#gid=0 Survey Link

Last edited:
It's pretty bad, what can I say. Every time I go back to Warband it makes me cry when blocking is so satisfying compared to Bannerlord.
Just remove it.

But before we get more dramatic, there were a statement that you will feel a noticeable difference with blocking in upcoming patch. So I try to keep my tiny bit of optimism and hope for the best.

An integral and essential part of the physics-based combat system. Removing block delay would water down the combat into boring shallowness. It could never function in a satisfactory and enjoyable manner.

Not that block """"delay"""" actually exists in the first place, since it only simulates how long it would realistically take a human to move their arms at an appropriately fast speed, depending on certain variables. The key word is simulation. How is this bad game design?

You fools think you know about game design? You know nothing.
Lovingly work on a game for years on end and them come back to me with the same opinion that you know better than Taleworlds does. That you know better what would make for a good combat system. That block delay should be so callously removed because you think it feels unresponsive, or some other similarly shallow and entitled reason.
Taleworlds has been working on this for nearly ten years, and you come along knowing nothing about the blood and sweat that has gone into creating Bannerlord. You're saying they need to remove it because you think it sucks, or that it's bad game design? Get real. Show some empathy.

Last edited:
An integral and essential part of the physics-based combat system. Removing block delay would water down the combat into boring shallowness. It could never function in a satisfactory and enjoyable manner.

Not that block """"delay"""" actually exists in the first place, since it only simulates how long it would realistically take a human to move their arms at an appropriately fast speed, depending on certain variables. How is this bad game design?

You fools think you know about game design? You know nothing.
Lovingly work on a game for years on end and them come back to me with the same opinion that you know better than Taleworlds does. That you know better what would make for a good combat system. That block delay should be so callously removed because you think it feels unresponsive, or some other similarly shallow and entitled reason.
Taleworlds has been working on this for nearly ten years, and you come along knowing nothing about the blood and sweat that has gone into creating Bannerlord. You're saying they need to remove it because you think it sucks, or that it's bad game design? Get real. Show some empathy.
I Genuinely need to know if this is sarcasm to put you as remove it or not for the sheet

When I play bannerlord, sometimes I wonder if I'm not just getting older, reflexes going, knowing what to do, but not getting there in time because I'm over the hill. But I played warband tonight, and I was blocking perfectly fine. I'm not a great blocker or anything, but had plenty of good exchanges with the average population. In bannerlord I'm sighing in exasperation of trying to block a certain direction and it not blocking in time, knowing I can do it, and if I was playing the older game it would be done, but it not working.

But I have noticed something odd, dunno if this is just me, but it seems like shields can block quicker then just weapons. Could just be me, or because shields are 'semi-directional.'

You warbanders just gotta let it go at some point. This wont become another warband where naked people run around fistfighting full plated knights and it wont addapt the same mechanics that was so easely cheesed in Warband.

Sorry that I had to say it.

You warbanders just gotta let it go at some point. This wont become another warband where naked people run around fistfighting full plated knights and it wont addapt the same mechanics that was so easely cheesed in Warband.

This won't be another warband where the class system allows for true customziation*

I didn't know we lived in the age of videogames where having less gameplay is better

This won't be another warband where the class system allows for true customziation*

I didn't know we lived in the age of videogames where having less gameplay is better

Because it's not fun for everyone with naked people running around. I would even dare to say it ruins the experience for most people and is only fun for a few.

I'm all in for customization if it's on a serious level but the only way to keep it serious is to limit it or else people will start doing stupid sh!t again.

Dont you worry tho, you'll get to do your things when custom servers are available, no need to force everything into the official game modes and servers.

The anility to block with good responsiveness is not cheesy gameplay :smile:

Back
Top Bottom