BLOC - Cold War Political Simulation Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Well the guy that started it all now is immune to having his approval lowered because "their approval is already as low as possible" :>
Also rebels are having a field day.

I recently withdrew a spy from there as there wasn't really anything more it could do.

Can I prospect for oil more than once or is it only ever a 1 off thing?

For now it's a one off thing. There are plans to add more things to prospect for and effectively make a system that makes it more and more expensive but will give you a sure chance to get stuff.

Once I do my next round of recruitment, I'll be at 200k soldiers.
Huehuehuehue.

Why not now, you ask? I decided to increase my army by 20k (a.k.a. 10 units of growth) each time my "natural" growth caps at 40.
I found it to be a good way to keep my industry growing without any hassle, my available manpower nigh maxed out for emergencies while still growing my army steadily and it allows my economy to grow in a way that makes up for the ever increasing training costs, which are 555k at the moment :lol:
All that, and I have plenty of money in the meantime to buy the incredible amounts of oil I need to advance on from "Almost Modern".

Wellenbrecher said:
Well the guy that started it all now is immune to having his approval lowered because "their approval is already as low as possible" :>

I'll be sure to keep it around that level until my spies are needed elsewhere :razz:

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
So the people that had the contract against me are still sending spies, I just cleared 2 spies out with an anti-espionage and got a News thing says that 2 more nations failed to send weapons to the rebels.
If you need any funds to help counteract what they're doing to your nation let me know, I'm not really doing anything besides building up my army size and producing AK-47's by the dozen.

That or link me to some of the main contributors and I can send my other spy over and do the same to them.

Kobrag said:
Sir Hitson Winsler said:
You need to link you profile.

Not really, not till I am ready for your caresses. >:3

Well you already gave your nation name so I found you in no time at all.
Hello there Innsmothe! :lol: I'll throw you a gift of 1mil to help you start off :smile:

@Aust how are things going now? Still need some financial support to rebuild or are you set for now?

Peton said:
Wellenbrecher said:

I'll be sure to keep it around that level until my spies are needed elsewhere :razz:

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
So the people that had the contract against me are still sending spies, I just cleared 2 spies out with an anti-espionage and got a News thing says that 2 more nations failed to send weapons to the rebels.
If you need any funds to help counteract what they're doing to your nation let me know, I'm not really doing anything besides building up my army size and producing AK-47's by the dozen.

That or link me to some of the main contributors and I can send my other spy over and do the same to them.

Kobrag said:
Sir Hitson Winsler said:
You need to link you profile.

Not really, not till I am ready for your caresses. >:3

Well you already gave your nation name so I found you in no time at all.
Hello there Innsmothe! :lol: I'll throw you a gift of 1mil to help you start off :smile:

@Aust how are things going now? Still need some financial support to rebuild or are you set for now?
Thank you.

I'm okay, Peton, thanks. My only problem now is whatever trashed my reputation.

On that note, Shatari, I re-aligned myself.

Now, I'm saving to slowly produce chemical weapons and more industry to handle my new tank production.

Don't develop chems unless your reputation is green. Not only will that knock you into the red in short order, but a stealth bomber has a strong chance of showing up and trashing your research.

Any money would be greatly appreciated, I'm currently at -10m a month (I've got it up from 16m but it's still a struggle) however my stability appears to be slowly declining as the government is at the lowest popularity, what is the best way to improve it?

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
Any money would be greatly appreciated, I'm currently at -10m a month (I've got it up from 16m but it's still a struggle) however my stability appears to be slowly declining as the government is at the lowest popularity, what is the best way to improve it?

I'll provide what help I can next turn, as for the best way to improve popularity I'm not sure what is the best, free housing is the cheapest normally since its price is dependant on growth but schools/hospitals provide more of a boost I believe, or at least that would make more sense in my mind.

Shatari would likely know a lot more than me on this but id personally go for housing if it seems like you can get a couple of those in for the price of 1 school/hospital.

'Arrest opposition figures and would-be revolutionaries' to get stability. If you get your stability up to green, 'Hold free and fair elections' to gain some growth and get back the ability to arrest more revolutionaries. Your best bet for growth in general would be 'Great Leap Forward' though. Also, join an alliance; Comintern would gladly sport you some cash to get you back on your feet, and they'd give you a safety umbrella against a lot of attacks.

I'll send some coin your way, but I still owe a debt for 50 barrels of oil so I've got to pay that off first.

Edit: Yeah, housing for popularity, hospitals for quality of life.

Thanks, Shatari, I'm just going to assume I've got everything, I didn't keep track of my haphazard sending.

Annoyed that sending Elite troops to join with other Elite troops drags your training down though.

40K did me fine up until I got ass-raped by an impossibly larger force. So it ought to do you.

That gives you 30K more than many nations at the default 10, so it really puts you in the best position for your wars against inactives or non-aligned.

Back
Top Bottom