BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

Users who are viewing this thread

More than likely the UNAC finals are Sunday.

As announced on the last Round Table we'll be having a seven person team. Four person panel and two commentators with Deafening on camera. I won't announce the commentators since they aren't confirmed yet.. however, 3/4 of my panel is. If Rhade doesn't show up be sure to send him nasty PM's  :wink:

It will be myself, Rhade, Mad Dawg and Kitten (YEAH THAT GUY FROM 2011) It's never been done before on Warband and probably not often after. Maybe the next time will be at a LAN?  :fruity:

I will be coming out of my retirement home, decrepit in a wheelchair and all, to lay down some knowledge on you nerds who didn't vote for me for HoF. Furthermore, I personally vouch that during this stream I will endorse building a wall around the Sarranid Sultanate and making them pay for it. Prepare for lack of insight and general confusion the likes of which you've never seen before.

#makewarbandgreatagain

Kitten-mew! said:
I will be coming out of my retirement home, decrepit in a wheelchair and all, to lay down some knowledge on you nerds who didn't vote for me for HoF. Furthermore, I personally vouch that during this stream I will endorse building a wall around the Sarranid Sultanate and making them pay for it. Prepare for lack of insight and general confusion the likes of which you've never seen before.

#makewarbandgreatagain
HYPE :grin:

We'll be covering the NA finals for UNAC and then we're taking a break in July from streaming. We will have some internal discussions and see what happens from there. BladeCast still plans to do NA streams but our future in EU is currently undecided. I won't drag up drama on here but if you wish to support us now is the time to let me know through PM or right here. If not we'll produce Round Tables exclusive to NA and all of our streams will be out here too.

Calamity said:
I won't drag up drama on here
kZQ0Mak.gif

If Euros don't want any, don't give 'em any. More funtimes for us. :party:

you were going to do a round table for EU?  :roll:

dunno what drama i missed though :sad:

Doesn't seem like there will be much worth streaming for a few months to be fair, its hard to support your future in EU without knowing what went wrong with EU in the first place

_Osiris_ said:
you were going to do a round table for EU?  :roll:

dunno what drama i missed though :sad:

Yes. Being that I haven't hosted one before I wanted to get familiar with the process with people I knew. Crazy right? On the last episode I even found someone to help host the EU show because I really didn't want to. The proper steps were being taken but it seems that's not important anymore.

Since people keep asking me, I'll try to give a little more detailed answer regarding our decision.

When Calamity created BladeCast and got the first people on board, we were all extremely motivated to establish a strong European branch in our project, next to our main branch in America. I think some European streamers took offense when they saw our promotion video ("New Way of Streaming", "Professional", "Superb Production") and thought we were looking down on their work. That was not the case, the promotion video is simply a very American way to promote a product, a way that Europeans may have issues getting along with. That's completely fine, cultural differences obviously exist, so it should have been my job to block this video from all European streams. I didn't because at the time I didn't think it would be an issue, especially because our community seems to be very focused on things that create "hype", and I thought this video would be seen in the light that we intended.

Anyway, after a couple of streams we realised Europe wasn't too interessted, and a couple of European streamers made a couple of let's say odd remarks. This is when we realised that we might have pissed them off. Some days ago Calamity approached me, and we discussed our options. As things stand at the moment, we are putting in a lot of work into something people appearently don't like very much. That's our mistake, can't blame any of you for not watching something you don't like. Combined with other problems, such as getting a regular castcrew together that is reliable and shares our views on certain issues within the community, and Duken losing his computer for a prolonged period of time, we decided to stop streaming in Europe, and focus on our main branch in America.

We wish all European streamers the best of luck, and I really want to stress again that our promotion video was in no way meant to be disrespectful towards you guys or your work.

I actually hadn't considered a cultural difference in terms of advertising, but what you say is true. A while back I was in a studio and a guy talked about how American commercials are very over the top, he went into some more detail, but I am afraid I forgot that part.
That said, I feel it's also partly my fault that it was so badly recieved, for I disliked the style of the promotional video, yet chose to not comment - too much - on it. (despite seeing it whilst it was still in production)

For my absence from streaming, I am sorry, but until I can get a new house it won't be very feasible for me to stream, unless people fancy a lot of background noises like people shouting, police cars, loud knocks, obscenities and of course loud and incredibly bad, ****ty, Dutch gipsy music. When all is said and done, the latter point might actually attract a lot of people, I know that for example; Turambar absolutely loves terrible Dutch music.

Personally, I always found BladeCast over-serious in streams, idea was solid but it just didn't work. I found it a lot more enjoyable when streams are made "less professional", old-school. BRO is a good example at the moment, at least for me. (They even made a splash screen in paint with absolutely terrifying design taste while they were live, and I really enjoyed watching that 15 minutes.)

Back
Top Bottom