BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

Users who are viewing this thread

So some Europeans cried about how our superior technology and passion created a better product.

WEREN'T COMPLAINING IN 1945 WERE YOU

fab6b1e5d24ee07bbdaf8333e2b7a3cf09bc22ba661105287726b38ee0b75bd5.jpg

Seriously, though, this:

WilySly said:
Scar said:
I think some European streamers took offense when they saw our promotion video ("New Way of Streaming", "Professional", "Superb Production") and thought we were looking down on their work. That was not the case, the promotion video is simply a very American way to promote a product, a way that Europeans may have issues getting along with.

...a couple of European streamers made a couple of let's say odd remarks. This is when we realised that we might have pissed them off.

That's so juvenile as to be ridiculous. I hope that's not the case. Saying "our stream is great" doesn't equate to saying "so that means our competition's stream is ****." If there are streamers/viewers receiving it with that attitude, then they need to be called on to grow some ****ing skin. Where are the Brits to call out these wankers?

The ****'s wrong with these kids?

Hippotitis said:
Calamity said:
If you didn't want to stream a higher profile match, you shouldn't have streamed the ECS finals after we decided to do it first.

I did that stream because many people had asked me to. I do not see how that stops BC from also doing it at all, caring about a view split when about 30 people are watching seem pointless. If that is really all it took to destroy all your interest in EU stream then I doubt you were that interested in it.

Yeah.. If I didn't care I would have told my team to stream all your matches. Stay classy BRO.

As a comparison, I had tons of people telling me to stream NC finals last season. I asked Greed if he wanted to do a stream together and he told me to pound sand (in a respectful way). I said that's fair and didn't stream it.

You can draw your own conclusions.

Sounds like people getting salty over nothing and then complaining about the stream without giving any feedback, which is useless.
God forbid, we have 2 or 3 high quality streams exist in the scene at the same time :roll:

This is just a bump in the road my friends, make way for the BladeCast_Tank

njm60rwb.jpg

I miss Eman... Even though he doesnt know the game much. He was creating a lot of excitement and passion. It was nice to watch streams. When i watch Bladecast i didnt feel anything to be honest. It had a good quality but i wasnt looking for it. And for me some of the problems were when i watch EU matches and if NA guys are commentating they knew less about EU and they talk wrong sometimes about players or they cant find anything to say etc. It was still fine but for me MB.tv was better. Hope you can make better works in NA. Best of luck.

Edit: If you need any example for Eman's excitement you can watch ECS 2 Final's last round  :grin:

Menethil said:
I miss Eman... Even though he doesnt know the game much. He was creating a lot of excitement and passion. It was nice to watch streams. When i watch Bladecast i didnt feel anything to be honest. It had a good quality but i wasnt looking for it. And for me some of the problems were when i watch EU matches and if NA guys are commentating they knew less about EU and they talk wrong sometimes about players or they cant find anything to say etc. It was still fine but for me MB.tv was better. Hope you can make better works in NA. Best of luck.
Honestly I think Eman is a terrible caster  :ohdear:

As active stream viewer for matches which is my concern, I couldn't understand BladeCast style. I am just watching the streams to see some friend of mine. But there is something different going on there for BladeCast. After hearing all that stuff like "new way of streaming" I had really high expectation for their streams. I thought that maybe they could share and show some analytic stuff which is like: "A team's cav kills %40 of B team" in break times so we could actually understand what's really going on there. Is it really hard to get every info and make it happen? I think it is impossible for now, at least if we consider that there is no coder to make it happen in the community. To be really honest, there is. But I think EU people couldn't see something new on BladeCast after all that big words they said, so maybe this is why people choose other streamers. The most important thing is what match u stream and how you make that match more exiciting. I would always prefer to watch BRO streams, just because I don't want to hear serious stuff when only 20-30 people watch the stream. It is my thought ofc, I hope it helps BladeCast to understand situation.

If we need to compare to other streamers, I think mb_tv is best with really good graphics and having colorful guests with good streamer Lust. Greed was hardworker with humbleness, so he is good at streaming mid and top tier matches. BRO is best for low tier matches, they just make jokes and have fun on their own, even if no one watches. :grin: Oliveran was streaming with some guests on BladeCast, but the matches are kinda "Fearless vs BRO" which don't interest people enough. I believe BladeCast couldn't find middle way with EU people to stream. whole BladeCast thing was so serious about streaming but we didn't see any hype thing at all. Sometimes I had to try so hard to see if there will be stream for the match I want to watch bla bla. I dont think it is because of Calamity or NA streamers. Maybe there was no one on EU side who takes the lead for EU community. But I hope they will now discuss about everything and stream other EU matches with preparing more.

These are my feedbacks if BladeCast interests.

Kelquethas said:
Menethil said:
Honestly I think Eman is a terrible caster  :ohdear:

The problem with Eman was he had the voice and excitement Menethil was talking about but he really didn't know too much about the competitive scene. Again, it's all what you're looking for.

Eman stopped responding to PM's and is doing his own twitch gig now. If you want to see him commentate more maybe head over there and see what he's up to.

Its a pity Bladecast didnt Cover ECS finals, i enjoy serious streams in important matches(having both is best).
Congrats USA u have the better quality Stream, now you can start working on your game  :party:

Firunien said:
Its a pity Bladecast didnt Cover ECS finals, i enjoy serious streams in important matches(having both is best).
Congrats USA u have the better quality Stream, now you can start working on your game  :party:

We'll get on that as soon as you guys pick up your bants  :lol:

Sorry.

After watching a lot of streams throughout the years, I have to say that in general I mute the casters and just watch people play MaB. Recently with Bladecast (esp Thunder) I have been listening to every stream that I watch. Having a dedicated shot caller really builds the hype, and the EU branch of Bladecast was sort of lacking that. Watching clutch plays being commentated by someone fairly monotone made the plays feel.. boring. MB_TV did an excellent job NOT being boring, lust is great at building up the hype in those streams ( I'm not throwing BRO's streams in here because I haven't watched any, sorry jarvis :sad: ). I think without a dedicated EU caster Bladecast is probably dead in the water over there.

On the topic of seriousness, I enjoy it, not because it feels more professional, but because it gives me a reason to listen to what I am watching. If I want to hear people banter each other, I'll just unmute my ts or go out with some friends, and if I want to listen to someone sound uninterested in what they are talking about, I'll go hit on girls. This is just my two cents, because like almost anything in life, people like different things and want to absorb different types of content. I don't think that someone not enjoying your content should discourage you from making it though. What matters is if you think you are bringing more value to the scene, and you yourself enjoy doing it (because after all, no ones paying you to stream). That brings me to my final thoughts about this topic; I think the real issue comes down to a small audience, making more than one streamer on one match a problem rather than a competitive benefit. This means a complaint about how a match is commentated is fairly legitimate, because it means this person is forced to watch something they might not want to. The only solution I can think of is just to let anyone who wants to stream do it, I know it murders views but I'd value a choice over that.

I probably just told you everything you already know Cal, I just wanted to make up for my last useless comment.
Edit:better?

In the ECS3, the rules allowed for multiple streamers to stream the same match. This was to prevent admin bias for certain streams, and to allow the viewer to pick the stream they preferred. It is quite sad to hear that streamers decided to pull out of a match, because someone else would be streaming as well.

Guy Fawkes said:
To be honest making it look like so professional does not fit to this community anymore, since we have around 25-50 viewers for the biggest matches nowadays. But if you guys think this is a preperation for next game coming, i would not say that is a bad idea.

I would not say what BRO does is best to increase the competition between teams and to bring back the interest of community to the game neither. I would prefer a middle way between MB_Tv's exciting, passionate casting and BRO's casual, humoristic casting. But that is just their way, and seems like there are people enjoying it.

P.S: This is all about EU streams, NA is not my concern.

The reason streams get smaller numbers of viewers now is because MBTV took the time and effort to build up a viewer base and Lust advertised all over the place, whereas all the new streams have not. Every decent MBTV stream had new people in the chat asking about competitive warband (then getting bored and wandering off lol). It concentrated everyone who might be interested in it into one place where things were competently presented. All we've had since are small community streams (which are still appreciated, I like BROs streams for example) with relatively low effort, or a lack of consistency.

Bladecast could easily fill that niche and I don't think there's any issue with them being slightly 'serious'. I always, for example, tried to balance the knowledge and analysis with less serious chat/insults of players, especially baby-faced guacc.

TLDR you don't have to be super-serious but you do still need to tryhard to make a good stream

Back
Top Bottom