BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

Users who are viewing this thread

Efe Karacar said:
Personally, I always found BladeCast over-serious in streams, idea was solid but it just didn't work. I found it a lot more enjoyable when streams are made "less professional", old-school. BRO is a good example at the moment, at least for me. (They even made a splash screen in paint with absolutely terrifying design taste while they were live, and I really enjoyed watching that 15 minutes.)
I agree, would be nice to have a srs stream if the community was actually large, but if you don't get over 100 viewers there's little point. probably a good idea to keep it going tho for bonerlords, hope you sort out the eu stuff

PepperKP said:
Efe Karacar said:
Personally, I always found BladeCast over-serious in streams, idea was solid but it just didn't work. I found it a lot more enjoyable when streams are made "less professional", old-school. BRO is a good example at the moment, at least for me. (They even made a splash screen in paint with absolutely terrifying design taste while they were live, and I really enjoyed watching that 15 minutes.)
I agree, would be nice to have a srs stream if the community was actually large, but if you don't get over 100 viewers there's little point. probably a good idea to keep it going tho for bonerlords, hope you sort out the eu stuff
NC finals and such important big matches had like 150 viewers in the past ! :smile:

I remember F vs AE had 400+. :razz: (Or, might be some other WNL/ECS final.)

Efe Karacar said:

Bladecast is just as serious as other top streaming channels like Greed's and Mb_tv, and I honestly don't see where that "over-seriousness" comes from as you do. It is well made and pleasing to watch and listen to. Yeah, watching BRO is hilarious but when I'm seeing the finals match I'd much rather look at good overlays and hear insightful commentary rather than listen to two ramblers jerking each other off.

The main difference I see between the EU and NA streams with Bladecast is a lack of quality, Oliveran seems to stream on EU instead of Deafening and there are technical problems abound, plus the quality seems to dip way more in comparison. Plus, Bladecast doesn't seem wholly interested or dedicated enough in EU which transfers over to the quality of their streams.

PepperKP said:
Efe Karacar said:
I disagree.  If you try to watch an early stream say from BiT compared to a more professional setup such as MB_Tv, and subsequently the setup for UNAC Season 1 that was inspired by it, it's a night and day difference.  I try to bring humor into the casting that I do for entertainment value, but keeping the stream focused on the match and highlight what people are there to actually watch is paramount imo.  Bladecast_TV has taken it one step further in the proper direction.

I feel the underlying goal for this project was to setup a professional organized effort for people outside of the community ie. sponsors and e-sport style websites.  You have to have a product before people are willing to buy into it and a goofy stream with sub-par casting and effects isn't something that will "WOW" anyone outside of the niche group.  You have to act the part before the opportunities open themselves up.

Thanks for the info Scar.  Hopefully things can get back on track when some situations change.  Keep up the great work Cal and crew.

With Duken out of the equation, it's very simple Scar just move to United ****ing Great States of Freedom MURICA. We like you better then all the dirty euros any ways.

Also lets be honest warband was never meant to be a competitive game or better yet a spectator one, but the community made into one so hopefully TW pays attention to make banner lord better and more appealing in that sense.

To be honest making it look like so professional does not fit to this community anymore, since we have around 25-50 viewers for the biggest matches nowadays. But if you guys think this is a preperation for next game coming, i would not say that is a bad idea.

I would not say what BRO does is best to increase the competition between teams and to bring back the interest of community to the game neither. I would prefer a middle way between MB_Tv's exciting, passionate casting and BRO's casual, humoristic casting. But that is just their way, and seems like there are people enjoying it.

P.S: This is all about EU streams, NA is not my concern.

Scar said:
I think some European streamers took offense when they saw our promotion video ("New Way of Streaming", "Professional", "Superb Production") and thought we were looking down on their work. That was not the case, the promotion video is simply a very American way to promote a product, a way that Europeans may have issues getting along with.

...a couple of European streamers made a couple of let's say odd remarks. This is when we realised that we might have pissed them off.

That's so juvenile as to be ridiculous. I hope that's not the case. Saying "our stream is great" doesn't equate to saying "so that means our competition's stream is ****." If there are streamers/viewers receiving it with that attitude, then they need to be called on to grow some ****ing skin. Where are the Brits to call out these wankers?

I agree with Mad Dawg's perspective. We all appreciate humor and I definitely think it has a role in these productions. That said, I'd rather hear insightful commentary for the bulk, as opposed to a bunch of dudes giggling and screaming into the mic everytime there's a kill.

Keep up the good work, BladeCast. It's always hard starting something worth doing and it's easy to feel like that initial slowdown is indicative of an idea or effort not working. But you're providing a service that this community needs and I appreciate it. Take the feedback and keep building that momentum.

I created BladeCast to produce professional streams leading up to Bannerlord. We all know Warband isn't an eSport. We know it may never be an eSport. Bannerlord with the right touches and love COULD be an eSport.

I wanted to be ready for when that happened and have the right tools, infrastructure and team to make it happen. I think we've mostly created that. With the help of superb graphics (Sjaeles, Wolflo, Duken) to our amazing and dedicated camera (Deafening). Our average stream takes time to plan. Get the right commentators, graphics.. test connections, promotion.. a lot goes into it.

One thing I am proud of. BladeCast has produced 25 streams with 22 unique commentators since Feb of this year. I try and get as many people involved as possible. My goal was never to make this an 'elite' group. I just want to produce the best streams we can given the options available.

We'll keep making great streams in North America and pushing the envelope as far as it can be pushed.

Efe Karacar said:

I disagree, but that's okay. Keep watching what entertains you.

Guaccmoleboy said:
The main difference I see between the EU and NA streams with Bladecast is a lack of quality, Oliveran seems to stream on EU instead of Deafening and there are technical problems abound, plus the quality seems to dip way more in comparison. Plus, Bladecast doesn't seem wholly interested or dedicated enough in EU which transfers over to the quality of their streams.

I'd like to think we ironed out many issues in EU towards the end with the exception of different commentators.  I am also present for 90% of our NA streams.. and it shows. I can't be everywhere. These are some things we'll be discussing within our team moving forward.

Mad Dawg said:
I disagree.  If you try to watch an early stream say from BiT compared to a more professional setup such as MB_Tv, and subsequently the setup for UNAC Season 1 that was inspired by it, it's a night and day difference.  I try to bring humor into the casting that I do for entertainment value, but keeping the stream focused on the match and highlight what people are there to actually watch is paramount imo.  Bladecast_TV has taken it one step further in the proper direction.

I feel the underlying goal for this project was to setup a professional organized effort for people outside of the community ie. sponsors and e-sport style websites.  You have to have a product before people are willing to buy into it and a goofy stream with sub-par casting and effects isn't something that will "WOW" anyone outside of the niche group.  You have to act the part before the opportunities open themselves up.

Thanks for the info Scar.  Hopefully things can get back on track when some situations change.  Keep up the great work Cal and crew.

Mad Dawg knows whats up. I can't say it better. I do know even after Mad semi retired he still poured his love into BladeCast commentary and before that WPL streams. He sees the bigger picture - the more important one. I know I suck at commentary but sometimes I need to fill in. Mad can make anyone look good on color.

Guy Fawkes said:
To be honest making it look like so professional does not fit to this community anymore, since we have around 25-50 viewers for the biggest matches nowadays. But if you guys think this is a preperation for next game coming, i would not say that is a bad idea.

I would not say what BRO does is best to increase the competition between teams and to bring back the interest of community to the game neither. I would prefer a middle way between MB_Tv's exciting, passionate casting and BRO's casual, humoristic casting. But that is just their way, and seems like there are people enjoying it.

P.S: This is all about EU streams, NA is not my concern.

This is preparation for the next game.. that is my idea 100%. The problem comes putting in so much time for so little investment afterwards. If this isn't what you want to watch, I can't blame you.

At least people didn't complain that they didn't want to be streamed by BladeCast, because you didn't cause things for such to happen. You guys were better than most current streamers.

Not trying to flame anyone here just trying to be constructive

I just think its more the commentators for EU rather than anything else, They just lacked the passion and hype that MB_TV produced, The stream didn't seem more professional than MB_TV using the same mod and same layouts just with a couple of extra images, you guys had a better channel info but what made MB_TV great for so long was the casting.

You had/have good analytical casters but you only really put them with other analytical casters there is no one who gets excited or shows a lot of passion when things are about to go down. EU only, NA is more passionate a bit from what i saw (ofc with the game starting to wind down its hard to get any casters at all ^^)

examples of what i mean (NOT saying casting is bad just they should be combined with someone who brings le passion"

Bladecast EU

https://youtu.be/yxI1U9XtscE?t=1604
https://youtu.be/BqJN_8LHOYw?t=1928

MB_tv

https://youtu.be/vBN32HSU8Co?t=1284
https://youtu.be/ZZIq0xgv0v4?t=846

MBTV just feels more exciting to watch, but as i said you cant pair up good analytical casters with good hype/passionate casters if there is a lack of either. That should be pretty easy to solve when bannerlord comes out for sure

I agree completely with Osiris.

I think total humour streams tend to be kind of boring and I pretty quickly turn off the sound. There needs to be a good balance with commentators who are serious/knowledgeable but also funny. It's a big shame if we lose Bladecast in Europe now MB_TV is gone. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to contribute in any meaningful way but if there is a way then I urge you to reconsider.

Also if anyone complains about a ****ing advert for your stream tell them to **** off.

_Osiris_ said:
Not trying to flame anyone here just trying to be constructive

I just think its more the commentators for EU rather than anything else, They just lacked the passion and hype that MB_TV produced, The stream didn't seem more professional than MB_TV using the same mod and same layouts just with a couple of extra images, you guys had a better channel info but what made MB_TV great for so long was the casting.

You had/have good analytical casters but you only really put them with other analytical casters there is no one who gets excited or shows a lot of passion when things are about to go down. EU only, NA is more passionate a bit from what i saw (ofc with the game starting to wind down its hard to get any casters at all ^^)

examples of what i mean (NOT saying casting is bad just they should be combined with someone who brings le passion"

Bladecast EU

https://youtu.be/yxI1U9XtscE?t=1604
https://youtu.be/BqJN_8LHOYw?t=1928

MB_tv

https://youtu.be/vBN32HSU8Co?t=1284
https://youtu.be/ZZIq0xgv0v4?t=846

MBTV just feels more exciting to watch, but as i said you cant pair up good analytical casters with good hype/passionate casters if there is a lack of either. That should be pretty easy to solve when bannerlord comes out for sure

Appreciate the feedback.

I personally knew our EU commentators were a bit lacking.

Our really only 'hype' people are in NA with the exception of MaHuD. He never got his chance to shine, as he already talked about earlier. I've personally contacted a lot of EU's asking to commentate.. I haven't found much success. I wish this weren't the case but it is.

I was starting to send Thunderbeu over as he has some of the hype you may be looking for.. but yeah, something to think about for Bannerlord for sure.

Killfacer said:
I agree completely with Osiris.

I think total humour streams tend to be kind of boring and I pretty quickly turn off the sound. There needs to be a good balance with commentators who are serious/knowledgeable but also funny. It's a big shame if we lose Bladecast in Europe now MB_TV is gone. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to contribute in any meaningful way but if there is a way then I urge you to reconsider.

Also if anyone complains about a **** advert for your stream tell them to **** off.

That really is my goal when I personally pair commentators together. Humor, plus serious commentary when it matters. Mad Dawg is the personification of this when he does it.

Our EU team needs serious, active leadership to survive in it's current form. Scar is a beast but he's a bit busy. Duken is great (although still learning and his PC blew up), and I personally don't have the time to run both branches.

Also, another point of contention I may as well bring up is censorship. I personally want to create a professional stream however if a tournament team name isn't censored by admins of said tournament I won't do it either. I know a lot of people are on both sides of this and I personally don't know where to come down on it in Europe. I know for NA, I will never censor anything as long as it's reasonable. I don't promote swearing every 5th word either.. like I said I want to keep a standard (Round Table be damned!).

Hey, thought I should chip in here as my streams have been mentioned a few times. Firstly I'd like to say that I don't personally enjoy Bladecasts style of streaming but it is a shame to see a streamer leave the scene.

Scar said:
I think some European streamers took offense when they saw our promotion video ("New Way of Streaming", "Professional", "Superb Production") and thought we were looking down on their work.

Personally, I didn't take offence to this. I have made a few jokes about bladecast in my streams but those are simply mocking the contrast be between the quality of EU Bladecast streams and the advertised "New Way of Streaming" and "Professional". I found it funny.

PepperKP said:
Efe Karacar said:
I agree, would be nice to have a srs stream if the community was actually large, but if you don't get over 100 viewers there's little point.

This is pretty much the main reason I started using paint for overlays instead of making more presentable images in photoshop. When you spend a few hours working on new splash screens designs then your MS Paint skills get a better reaction the effort does seem wasted.

That aside it is a shame that there might now be no one to produce higher standard streams with pre-made overlays ect. The goal of my streams is for myself to have fun, if people enjoy it then I am all the happier but I don't think it's my place to be streaming higher profile matches. I see us as more of a Bronze match kinda stream.

I wish Bladecast the best in NA and hope someone picks up the shards in EU to fill the gaps.

boogy is the best medieval microphone dynasty warrior i ever heard. get that man speaking over some mount & blade: warband live gameplay footage and all our panties will be seeping.

Hippotitis said:
The goal of my streams is for myself to have fun, if people enjoy it then I am all the happier but I don't think it's my place to be streaming higher profile matches. I see us as more of a Bronze match kinda stream.

If you didn't want to stream a higher profile match, you shouldn't have streamed the ECS finals after we decided to do it first. For me, that was the tipping point. We've streamed more ECS matches this season besides Nex (who offers Russian languages, so he can stream no matter what really). I have instructed BC never stream another match you, or any other EU streamer has called. To my knowledge, this still has not happened.  You pretty much destroyed any interest I had in streaming any further Euro matches.

And yes, I know the above is well within tournament rules. You can stream whatever you want. I just think splitting the viewer base for streams is very counter productive.

Blivandefar said:
boogy is the best medieval microphone dynasty warrior i ever heard. get that man speaking over some mount & blade: warband live gameplay footage and all our panties will be seeping.

I've tried to get Boogy for some BladeCast matches but unfortunately he's busy IRL. Hopefully once Bannerlord releases we'll see more talent coming for shout casting.

Calamity said:
If you didn't want to stream a higher profile match, you shouldn't have streamed the ECS finals after we decided to do it first.

I did that stream because many people had asked me to. I do not see how that stops BC from also doing it at all, caring about a view split when about 30 people are watching seem pointless. If that is really all it took to destroy all your interest in EU stream then I doubt you were that interested in it.

Back
Top Bottom