Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah this an issue with high tier weapons and armor, you just can't find the good stuff. There are so many bad ass swords like the lords carry never are in shops that I have seen. I have done everything but cheat and cant get a bound crossbow for my merc crossbow build character.

Instead taking weapons/armors of lords, they should change the system that allow players to gain access their wife's/husband's gear. (None of this would have happened if the marriage system has been like in Warband....) If this system will not change during EA then players should only be able to change civilian equipments of their wife/husband, not their battle-gear.

I never understood why M&B games are designed in a way that it's easier for the player to look like the faction they are fighting against (cause of the battle loot) than it is to like the faction they are fighting side by side. Maybe a solution would be to give the player a choice of lord level equipment when they join a faction and become a lord themselves ? As in a gift of fealty?

In that case I think it's ok to make garrisons depending on the force of the lord that currently is in power in the city. So I can see some logic behind it.

Does it really matter? They´re just decoration and serve no purpose so?

If you are at war with a faction and said factions troops are guarding the entrance to your city it's kind of stupid. When historically would an Occident city let foreign invaders control access to said city. You all are cracking me up trying to defend this. In my campaign Khuzait's Khan soldiers were guarding Galend, this was under Vlandian control LOL.... Good God.... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited:
Instead taking weapons/armors of lords, they should change the system that allow players to gain access their wife's/husband's gear. (None of this would have happened if the marriage system has been like in Warband....) If this system will not change during EA then players should only be able to change civilian equipments of their wife/husband, not their battle-gear.

That would stink. What if you want to give them better gear? Maybe their weapon loadout doesn't match their skills. You'd just be stuck with whatever the system decided to give them.

The problem isn't that players are stealing their spouse's gear. The problem is that stealing from spouses is currently the only possible way to ever get some of those items. If I could buy it in a shop, I wouldn't take it from my spouse. I like to see them equipped in the good stuff too.

I think that it's obvious that the loot from a battlefield is not supposed to be only by enemies. The equipment of ded soldiers was not left in place wether friendly or enemy troops. Especially hi tire equipment that was not supposed to end up in the wrong hands. So after a battle you should at least have access to your dead soldiers equipment. For example cataphract armour and weapons.

You all are cracking me up trying to defend this.
I´m not trying to defend it, I even agree with you. But whatever guards there are, they´re just cosmectic. You can´t interact with them or anything in the settlement at all.

In my opinion the guards of city should always represent the faction who owns it, but I don´t care about it at all. It just makes no difference for me because I never walk through a city at all because there is nothing to do :smile: .

On my personal list of issues I have with this game, this is at the bottom :wink: .

I´m not trying to defend it, I even agree with you. But whatever guards there are, they´re just cosmectic. You can´t interact with them or anything in the settlement at all.

In my opinion the guards of city should always represent the faction who owns it, but I don´t care about it at all. It just makes no difference for me because I never walk through a city at all because there is nothing to do :smile: .

On my personal list of issues I have with this game, this is at the bottom :wink: .

Understood, I sort of lumped you in with the other posts. Must be some kind of bug, not sure how a Vlandian garrison could end up with Khuzait's Khan troops. I do Wish they would make a reason to visit cities.

Last edited:
If you are at war with a faction and said factions troops are guarding the entrance to your city it's kind of stupid. When historically would an Occident city let foreign invaders control access to said city. You all are cracking me up trying to defend this. In my campaign Khuzait's Khan soldiers were guarding Galend, this was under Vlandian control LOL.... Good God.... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Aren't the town guards just random troops pulled from the garrison? That seems pretty immersive to me if they represent the actual troops that are present in the city. Blame whoever dropped foreigners into the garrison in the first place.

That would stink. What if you want to give them better gear? Maybe their weapon loadout doesn't match their skills. You'd just be stuck with whatever the system decided to give them.

The problem isn't that players are stealing their spouse's gear. The problem is that stealing from spouses is currently the only possible way to ever get some of those items. If I could buy it in a shop, I wouldn't take it from my spouse. I like to see them equipped in the good stuff too.
That would not stink. It is developers (systems) job to do so the ai lords have proper gears which matches their skills. (Considering a lot of npc lord have stats like + 150 or so this is not an issue at all)
Players will always do this kind of thing, since the marriage itself is pretty easy; just load&save until you "persuade" your so called spouse. They should add those weapons/armors and a lot more to merchants, I agree with this but being able to "looting" your spouse is pretty dumb thing and must be change as well.
If you want to give better weapon/armor ect to your spouse, it can be made like this: players can inspect equipments of wife/husband, choose the item wanted to give and simply add it to npc's "inventory". With this, ai automatically equip it since its better than what he/she owns, and players can't loot their spouses.

Last edited:
Aren't the town guards just random troops pulled from the garrison? That seems pretty immersive to me if they represent the actual troops that are present in the city. Blame whoever dropped foreigners into the garrison in the first place.
Yes they are just random picked from garrison

That would not stink. It is developers (systems) job to do so the ai lords have proper gears which matches their skills. (Considering a lot of npc lord have stats like + 150 or so this is not an issue at all)
Players will always do this kind of thing, since the marriage itself is pretty easy; just load&save until you "persuade" your so called spouse. They should add those weapons/armors and a lot more to merchants, I agree with this but being able to "looting" your spouse is pretty dumb thing and must be change as well.
Yes, it would stink to have a spouse whose gear I couldn't change. Maybe they're geared as lancers and I want to train them to be archers. Maybe they have lame gear and I want to give them better stuff (not all nobles have the best stuff, lots of them have mediocre gear). Stealing their things isn't the only reason a player would want control over it. Personally, I never steal gear from any of my companions. I'll let them have better gear than me if that's what they came with, and I only change it when I can improve it. I'd hate to not have that control.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom